2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Memorial, it was a longshot (5 seats available), but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence hahah.

I should mention it isn't a 100% regrets (yet), invites were emailed this morning, but they don't reject until right before interviews in case someone decides to forgo their spot or can't make it.

ah ok. didn't apply there
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected earlier this week. Damn thought I was a good fit for this school.

LizzyM 70-75 complete 7/7 pre-interview
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nothing like submitting your secondary (and then promptly obsessively having the PDF of it sent to you) only to realize THE ENTIRE ESSAY WAS CUT OFF! Looks like I'll be making a nice long distance call tomorrow. Yeppie!! At least the folks there are super nice.
 
I remember from the interview that their committee meets every week. Probably won't hear any more acceptances until next week
 
I think you have a while to wait. Early August hasn't even received them yet.
Someone in late August got one which is why I was curious. I think her completion date was 8/28.
Do you know if they update your status to show when you are under review? Or does it stay "your secondary application has been received and is in process" ?
 
Someone in late August got one which is why I was curious. I think her completion date was 8/28.
Do you know if they update your status to show when you are under review? Or does it stay "your secondary application has been received and is in process" ?

Your status doesn't seem to change. For what it's worth, they don't seem to go perfectly linear in terms of complete dates. Last year, there were folks complete in July getting II's in December. Also, they've already sent a round of rejections for July and there are folks who got neither the axe or a ii.

TL;DR
t0ym9.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone who interviewed remember if they give any kind of time frame for decisions? They said that they work their way down a ranked list post-interview, but I can't recall if they gave us a final decision date or anything.
 
Does anyone who interviewed remember if they give any kind of time frame for decisions? They said that they work their way down a ranked list post-interview, but I can't recall if they gave us a final decision date or anything.
I recall them saying things really start moving closer to January, but that there could be acceptances from each interview day from now until the end of the cycle. I interviewed the first week and haven't heard anything since! Crossing my fingers.
 
ditto. any tips for flying into dartmouth. it seems a bit ... distant... from major airports

you should fly into boston and take the dartmouth coach bus into Hanover. Alternatively can fly into Lebanon airport but that is much more expensive. Alternatively can also fly into manchester airport and rent a car. Hope that answers your question and good luck
 
also just received ii @ midnight. super surprised to get it now. also they give very short notice for dates offered, including one in 3 days that I can't make it to, but one of the others should work. LizzyM 76

Congrats! When were you complete?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad