-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Official interview ends at 3:30pm but there is an optional tour of the medical school campus that runs until 4:00pm.Hi guys,
Does anyone know what time the interview day ends?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hah best thing to do is just chill. I'm pretty sure on interview day they said that we shouldn't expect to hear back until January-ish...(crickets)
II! 30 SECONDS AGO!
Complete 7/23! Re-applicant. Info in my MDApps
Complete 7/23! Re-applicant. Info in my MDApps
Congrats!!! I thought they were pretty much done with us July folks. Best wishes to you!!II! 30 SECONDS AGO!
Complete 7/23! Re-applicant. Info in my MDApps
accepted, interviewed 9/10, such a pleasant surprise! stay hopeful everyone!
Last edited:
I had given up hope already. I had neurotically given up on receiving anymore interview invites this season (which is stupid because it still is early for many places). I hope you get one too!Congrats!!! I thought they were pretty much done with us July folks. Best wishes to you!!
II! 30 SECONDS AGO!
Complete 7/23! Re-applicant. Info in my MDApps
Congrats Kitty, Tell them to be nice to Bear and offer him an interview too
+1 for CyrilTell them to be nice to Bear and offer him an interview too
+1 for Cyril
Me too!! Reapps unite!!
accepted this morning, thank you geisel... let me know if I can help with interview info!
would you mind sharing when you interviewed?
9-10would you mind sharing when you interviewed?
anyone currently at Geisel know if updates carry any real weight? I just had a paper accepted for publication.
I had a great time at their interview, but can see how it's not a destination for everyone. Do updates every 4-6 weeks help one's cause by showing sincere interest in matriculating
I had a great time at their interview, but can see how it's not a destination for everyone. Do updates every 4-6 weeks help one's cause by showing sincere interest in matriculating
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not a destination for everyone simply because of the location or what?anyone currently at Geisel know if updates carry any real weight? I just had a paper accepted for publication.
I had a great time at their interview, but can see how it's not a destination for everyone. Do updates every 4-6 weeks help one's cause by showing sincere interest in matriculating
Sounds very much like overkill.Do updates every 4-6 weeks help one's cause by showing sincere interest in matriculating
Exactly that...it is a bit remote. I went in with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. They did a great job selling the school, and being quite candid in the pros/cons of their program.
I agree. I'm glad I attended the interview but I have a lot of digesting to do because the medical education experience seems so different from everywhere else I've visited. Also a head's up to those who don't know a ton about the program: apparently it's pretty common to move to a new city for each clerkship during year 3; I knew that there were opportunities to do away rotations at California Pacific in California and a few Indian Health Service locations but didn't realize 1) how many/how geographically scattered there were or 2) the apparent majority of MS3s don't spend much time in New Hampshire. Seems like a really cool way to gain multiple perspectives on health care delivery.
that's good because everyone seems to be worried about the lack of diversity in the Hanover area.I agree. I'm glad I attended the interview but I have a lot of digesting to do because the medical education experience seems so different from everywhere else I've visited. Also a head's up to those who don't know a ton about the program: apparently it's pretty common to move to a new city for each clerkship during year 3; I knew that there were opportunities to do away rotations at California Pacific in California and a few Indian Health Service locations but didn't realize 1) how many/how geographically scattered there were or 2) the apparent majority of MS3s don't spend much time in New Hampshire. Seems like a really cool way to gain multiple perspectives on health care delivery.
II! Completed 9/10. The dates available were next week or early December.
well s**t... looks like I'm getting the axe in the next round if they're already interviewing Sept candidates.
well s**t... looks like I'm getting the axe in the next round if they're already interviewing Sept candidates.
This process make no sense! I was complete in Late July
I was complete mid July and I just got an II today. Dont freak out!well s**t... looks like I'm getting the axe in the next round if they're already interviewing Sept candidates.
This all feels like the Hunger Games. It's impressive I survived the first night (aka the last round of rejections), but I never truly expected to win. Not to mention they killed Cinna and I have no sponsors.
This all feels like the Hunger Games. It's impressive I survived the first night (aka the last round of rejections), but I never truly expected to win. Not to mention they killed Cinna and I have no sponsors.
I have faith/hope/a floating canister of burn salve that good news is coming! Hang in there.
Can people with recent II share their LizzyM stats (or range)? Thanks and CONGRATS guys
LizzyM 73
LizzyM 78Can people with recent II share their LizzyM stats (or range)? Thanks and CONGRATS guys
Good, cuz I've been burned wayy too many times already this cycle.I have faith/hope/a floating canister of burn salve that good news is coming! Hang in there.
II today, complete 7/29. Quite surprised, I'd figured this one for a silent reject!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing stats? Congrats after such a long wait!II today, complete 7/29. Quite surprised, I'd figured this one for a silent reject!
II today, complete 7/29. Quite surprised, I'd figured this one for a silent reject!
Congrats!
Also, I'm pretty sure Dartmouth doesn't silently reject - there have been plenty of outright rejections already. 😛
Do you mind sharing stats? Congrats after such a long wait!
My stats are kind of misleading as I'm a non-trad with a long (early on not so great, years later solid) academic path. LizzyM 63 over everything, 69 only counting my second round through UG. Extensive work and community service history.
Anyone know if there is a Facebook group for students?
Does anyone know if it is possible to store luggage in the admissions office or elsewhere during the interview day?
Yep, I remember that a lot of the interviewees just left their luggage in the main waiting area and it was fine
Yea a lot of people brought their luggage with them and stored it in the main office when they arrived when I was there.Does anyone know if it is possible to store luggage in the admissions office or elsewhere during the interview day?
Whatever Dartmouth you aren't THAT cool. The least you can do is give a girl an II after months of silence....
No Lanny!Rejected just now. Complete 7/16 (submitted 7/2). Not surprised, I couldn't have survived in the rural environment anyways haha. Good luck to all of you still in the running!
No Lanny!
Haha I expected my rejection to be part of another wave of rejections, did get a special rejection just for me?
Well I haven't gotten mine yet. So we will see.Haha I expected my rejection to be part of another wave of rejections, did get a special rejection just for me?
Rejected just now. Complete 7/16 (submitted 7/2). Not surprised, I couldn't have survived in the rural environment anyways haha. Good luck to all of you still in the running!
Sorry to hear, man! I feel like mine is incoming shortly. 😳
I plan on joining you today. I'll let you know.Haha I expected my rejection to be part of another wave of rejections, did get a special rejection just for me?
If it's any consolation, there are like 6 other schools also sending out rejections today. Or as I like to call it, axe day.
I plan on joining you today. I'll let you know.
If it's any consolation, there are like 6 other schools also sending out rejections today. Or as I like to call it, axe day.
Hmm haven't gotten any other rejections so far, what schools are sending out rejections?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan on joining you today. I'll let you know.
If it's any consolation, there are like 6 other schools also sending out rejections today. Or as I like to call it, axe day.
I'm curious as well, which schools? It always feels good to survive a wave of rejections haha
I'm curious as well, which schools? It always feels good to survive a wave of rejections haha
Rosalind Franklin, Cooper, Maryland (post-ii), Drexel (post-ii). So maybe just 4, for now...........Hmm haven't gotten any other rejections so far, what schools are sending out rejections?
II!!!! Holy crapolli!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Dream school hell yes
Complete 7/14
Complete 7/14
II!!!! Holy crapolli!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Dream school hell yes
Complete 7/14
+1! Complete 7/23