-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last year they were sending out ii's in december for folks completed in July. Head up!They're doing late September II's? Wow. Okay. So I guess I'll just wait for my reject email then.
Just called the admissions and they said that they are still reviewing files from July and are just starting August too. She said July has the most applications so it takes a long time. But apparently people from September have also received interviews so I'm guessing they were high priority?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By the way if you have really significant updates, I'd recommend letting them know. I received an interview a week later, will most likely be matriculating
By the way if you have really significant updates, I'd recommend letting them know. I received an interview a week later, will most likely be matriculating
You're saying pre-interview updates?
You're saying pre-interview updates?
That is correct.
thanks! complete late JulyCongrats! When were you complete?
anyone know what % of interviews have been given out?
Congrats! Stats? When are they scheduling? Zodiac sign? Favorite food?II just now, complete 7/7
Congrats! Stats? When are they scheduling? Zodiac sign? Favorite food?
Thanks! I'm ecstatic, LizzyM 73, mid-November, Gemini, and mulligatawny soup!
II just now, complete 7/7
Thanks! I'm ecstatic, LizzyM 73, mid-November, Gemini, and mulligatawny soup!
There is hope for the rest of us! Congrats and good luck on your interviews!
update letter sent *Cross fingers*
sat on this secondary for awhile.....worth even sending it in at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know around how many students Dartmouth accepts each year? They seem to interview a lot of applicants for the number they matriculate compared to where my other interviews are.
Also, don't think I said this yet, but II during the last wave, completed end of July
Also, don't think I said this yet, but II during the last wave, completed end of July
Last edited:
Interviewed 9/15, still haven't heard anything... Anyone else In a similar boat? Implications? I really like this school, so kinda nervous.
Interviewed 9/15, still haven't heard anything... Anyone else In a similar boat? Implications? I really like this school, so kinda nervous.
Exact same boat, same date even. Someone said they accept people from various interview days all year long. Some people after us have heard already, and i'm sure some before us haven't. It totally depends on how they rank you post-interview.
I really liked it as well, so fingers crossed for both of us!
The admissions director said they try to give each candidate an equal chance, even those who interview later in the cycle. My host told me the disadvantage to interviewing early is that you'll have to wait longer for a decision. She interviewed in February and heard back within a few weeks.Interviewed 9/15, still haven't heard anything... Anyone else In a similar boat? Implications? I really like this school, so kinda nervous.
II today homies. complete september 16
II today homies. complete september 16
Nice! This is one of the few schools I would still travel to visit.
yeah i have 8 schools i applied id still interview at now with the acceptances i have, including DartmouthNice! This is one of the few schools I would still travel to visit.
Complete July. No II. Guess I'll just wait for that rejection to come in the next week....
Complete in August...... Last year they sent out a bunch of rejections mid November I think. But I'm trying to remain hopeful... There is always a chance. 😕Complete July. No II. Guess I'll just wait for that rejection to come in the next week....
Anyone know the grading scheme at Dartmouth? I can't find it on their website
It's pass fail
Rejected via email. Complete 7/14
Oh no! I'm sorry, man.
I suspect mine is coming shortly, then.
Rejected via email. Complete 7/14
Sorry to hear that 🙁 When did you receive the email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
need advice.
ill be in Connecticut Monday November 16. I need to get to Dartmouth by the 19th. I don't have a car.
anyone live around the area that could propose the cheapest but also a fairly quick option? train to Boston and Dartmouth Coach to the school?
thanks.
ill be in Connecticut Monday November 16. I need to get to Dartmouth by the 19th. I don't have a car.
anyone live around the area that could propose the cheapest but also a fairly quick option? train to Boston and Dartmouth Coach to the school?
thanks.
Dartmouth Coach to the school is best (in my opinion) from Boston. I can't speak to the CT to Boston portion.need advice.
ill be in Connecticut Monday November 16. I need to get to Dartmouth by the 19th. I don't have a car.
anyone live around the area that could propose the cheapest but also a fairly quick option? train to Boston and Dartmouth Coach to the school?
thanks.
Where are you in CT? If you're in Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, etc you can take Amtrak to Boston. It'll cost between $60-100 and will take about 5 hours. Then you can take the Dartmouth Coach.need advice.
ill be in Connecticut Monday November 16. I need to get to Dartmouth by the 19th. I don't have a car.
anyone live around the area that could propose the cheapest but also a fairly quick option? train to Boston and Dartmouth Coach to the school?
thanks.
need advice.
ill be in Connecticut Monday November 16. I need to get to Dartmouth by the 19th. I don't have a car.
anyone live around the area that could propose the cheapest but also a fairly quick option? train to Boston and Dartmouth Coach to the school?
thanks.
There's also a slightly more expensive Dartmouth Coach ($70 or something, I don't remember) that leaves from somewhere in midtown Manhattan 2-3 times a day. If you're closer to Boston, then taking the Coach from South Station is your next best bet.
New HavenWhere are you in CT? If you're in Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, etc you can take Amtrak to Boston. It'll cost between $60-100 and will take about 5 hours. Then you can take the Dartmouth Coach.
Yeah, it's like $80 to get from New Haven to South Station. Takes around 3 hours and there's WiFi.New Haven
Yeah, it's like $80 to get from New Haven to South Station. Takes around 3 hours and there's WiFi.
Also train beer
Thanks to all
Renting a car would be cheaper and easier than any of the above. For how to not be required to pay the under 25 fee, msg me
There's also a train station in White River Junction, VT, so you could possibly take an Amtrak there. The AT bus route runs through White River Junction (http://advancetransit.com/orangeroute.htm) but it doesn't run super late, so you may have to catch a cab or stay one night in WRJ. I don't know how far it is from the train station to a bus stop, though.need advice.
ill be in Connecticut Monday November 16. I need to get to Dartmouth by the 19th. I don't have a car.
anyone live around the area that could propose the cheapest but also a fairly quick option? train to Boston and Dartmouth Coach to the school?
thanks.
The hotels in WRJ are less expensive than the ones in Hanover, so it might not be too bad to stay there for a night.
If you're comfortable driving, I would drive. Since you don't have a car, rent one for 36 hours or, if you're under 25, try to join ZipCar in the next week (even more plausible if you live in a major city with a ZipCar office). If you don't have a credit card, AVIS often accepts debit cards for reservations (in my experience). If you take several trains/busses, the cost is going to be similar, and I would prefer driving—less stress for me, at least than having to make make connections etc. And driving is faster.need advice.
ill be in Connecticut Monday November 16. I need to get to Dartmouth by the 19th. I don't have a car.
anyone live around the area that could propose the cheapest but also a fairly quick option? train to Boston and Dartmouth Coach to the school?
thanks.
You can rent a car under 25 without paying the underage fee. I don't want the company that does this to get rid of it be of too many ppl using it, but @idontknowwhatnametopick and I have both used it multiple times and it's awesome. Cheaper than zip car and more convenient for a one way tripIf you're comfortable driving, I would drive. Since you don't have a car, rent one for 36 hours or, if you're under 25, try to join ZipCar in the next week (even more plausible if you live in a major city with a ZipCar office). If you don't have a credit card, AVIS often accepts debit cards for reservations (in my experience). If you take several trains/busses, the cost is going to be similar, and I would prefer driving—less stress for me, at least than having to make make connections etc. And driving is faster.
hi all,
I'm very new to SDN and was hoping for some feedback. I applied to Dartmouth and several other schools aroun dmid september (9/16) but still have not heard back from any one. Im a canadian applicant from a minority, non trad, but with a LizzyM of 68. Seeing as you all know much more than me about these schools, am I screwed or is there hope?
I'm very new to SDN and was hoping for some feedback. I applied to Dartmouth and several other schools aroun dmid september (9/16) but still have not heard back from any one. Im a canadian applicant from a minority, non trad, but with a LizzyM of 68. Seeing as you all know much more than me about these schools, am I screwed or is there hope?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete almost a month before you and haven't heard anything. No news is good news!hi all,
I'm very new to SDN and was hoping for some feedback. I applied to Dartmouth and several other schools aroun dmid september (9/16) but still have not heard back from any one. Im a canadian applicant from a minority, non trad, but with a LizzyM of 68. Seeing as you all know much more than me about these schools, am I screwed or is there hope?
hi all,
I'm very new to SDN and was hoping for some feedback. I applied to Dartmouth and several other schools aroun dmid september (9/16) but still have not heard back from any one. Im a canadian applicant from a minority, non trad, but with a LizzyM of 68. Seeing as you all know much more than me about these schools, am I screwed or is there hope?
Welcome fellow Canadian. Good luck with the apps and your cycle. You applied on the later end of the cycle, but you may be lucky still. You should be aware that many US schools are not very international friendly (although I think Canadians do better than most), and that a LizzyM of 68 is kinda on the low side (that was my score approximately in the 2012/2013 cycle - I received 3 IIs and ended up with 2 waitlists). That said, I wish you the best of luck!
No, there were some rejections last week.Does Geisel silent reject? Still waiting for any word from them.