2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone know if/when all the IIs have been given out. Complete in July and haven't heard anything!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed the week of the 23rd in January. Accepted to MD/PhD so I'm pretty sure this means nothing to most people here lol

Pretty excited, loved this school
Congratulations! I've actually been thinking very strongly about transferring to the MD PhD track upon matriculation. I absolutely loved Dartmouth when I visited but am struggling to decide whether I should send a LOI if I hold acceptances at schools with strong MSTP programs. Could you tell me what drew you to Geisel's MD PhD?
 
Free in front of admissions office or Dewey Field lot, but you must log your vehicle in with admissions (license plate, Make/model).

Good luck!

That's true for the interview, but is that true during the academic year for students too?
 
let's talk about the financial aid apps for dartmouth. we have a dartmouth financial aid app, fafsa, need access, send tax forms. those are it?
 
Dying to know when the next adcom meeting is...
They said they meet every 2 weeks in February and then every week starting in March! They definitely had a meeting Feb 4th, so every two weeks from that Thursday through February and now, in March, they meet every weeek!! Fingers crossed for some news soon!!
 
Technically there is a parking permit that you can buy for a little over $100 for the whole year (a great deal), but I think you could get by without purchasing one.
Huh, the students told us that there are free lots for the medical students on campus as well as at DHMC.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current student here...

The people are a major factor as to why I think I am a happy student. The faculty who are here love being at Dartmouth, and the faculty at the hospital are really committed to being clinical educators. I think there is also just a different vibe/pace in the medical school/hospital here: it is more laid back, more collaborative, and less cut throat and overstressed. In comparing other schools/hospitals I have been to, there are not many egos at the hospital, and even the ones with egos are approachable. Sure, you could argue it might be the most realistic kind of prep for the 'real world' being in this super supportive environment, but I really like it and think it's helped me do things I never thought I would do as a medical student. There are Dartmouth-run away rotations if that environment part is a big concern for you.
...

Hi M1Member,

Could you elaborate on how easy or difficult it is to obtain away rotations, for example, in California? I would love to spend part of 3rd year in California near my family, but so far I haven't been able to find much information on this front. Thank you in advance!
 
It was the day that acceptances and waitlistings started to go out in greater number on last year's thread. It was the first Saturday of March last year, so I was hoping for some word this weekend. Oh well, maybe this week!

Don't get our hopes up like that! 5pm eastern... I guess it's not today!
 
Can anyone explain why Dartmouth's Step 1 and Step 2 averages are extremely high? Higher than even UCLA or UCSF?

Thanks!
 
Can anyone explain why Dartmouth's Step 1 and Step 2 averages are extremely high? Higher than even UCLA or UCSF?

Thanks!

btw where did you see these numbers? The USNews Step1 score is not extremely high (236).

edit: OK, I see what you're saying. Still, Look at WashU or Harvard. I would argue UCLA and UCSF are scoring on the low end.
 
Last edited:
btw where did you see these numbers? The USNews Step1 score is not extremely high (236).

edit: OK, I see what you're saying. Still, Look at WashU or Harvard. I would argue UCLA and UCSF are scoring on the low end.
Places like Dartmouth give you very structured Prep time built into the curriculum.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad