2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Guys, quick question for you all.

1. How huge is interview performance? What do they look for in the interview?

Thanks all in advance.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your interview timeframe?
Thanks! I interviewed about two months ago in mid-January. Also I know this had been previously asked on here, I called and they said Second Look is scheduled for April 22nd and 23rd. Hope that helps!
 
Just out of curiosity - how many people accepted here who aren't from top 25 ugrad/ivy league? I'm worried that being from state school might be working against me 🙁. I remember the student host list being very ivy league heavy, as well as most of the students I met on interview day


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Just out of curiosity - how many people accepted here who aren't from top 25 ugrad/ivy league? I'm worried that being from state school might be working against me 🙁. I remember the student host list being very ivy league heavy, as well as most of the students I met on interview day


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Lol I'm definitely from a regular ol' state school....I noticed the same when I looked at the host list though lol
 
Just out of curiosity - how many people accepted here who aren't from top 25 ugrad/ivy league? I'm worried that being from state school might be working against me 🙁. I remember the student host list being very ivy league heavy, as well as most of the students I met on interview day


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Private schools think highly of undergrad prestige, whether it is logically founded or not
 
Just out of curiosity - how many people accepted here who aren't from top 25 ugrad/ivy league? I'm worried that being from state school might be working against me 🙁. I remember the student host list being very ivy league heavy, as well as most of the students I met on interview day


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I didn't go to a state school, but my undergrad was neither Top 25 nor Ivy...so there's some others like us! Hang in there!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems so odd that there hasn't been a "wave" of responses in March… hope for Dartmouth feels like it's slipping away! Aren't there a LOT of us who haven't heard back yet? I interviewed in early Feb and am still waiting.
 
It seems so odd that there hasn't been a "wave" of responses in March… hope for Dartmouth feels like it's slipping away! Aren't there a LOT of us who haven't heard back yet? I interviewed in early Feb and am still waiting.
They are still interviewing this week


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
So is it safe to say that folks who interviewed prior to say January are relegated to the waitlist pile? The only acceptances I'm seeing are from interviews that took place about a month or two (at most) prior to the date of the acceptance notification.
 
So is it safe to say that folks who interviewed prior to say January are relegated to the waitlist pile? The only acceptances I'm seeing are from interviews that took place about a month or two (at most) prior to the date of the acceptance notification.
They did say that they pretty much immediately accept their "top tier" applicants and push second tier decisions to later in the cycle.
 
So is it safe to say that folks who interviewed prior to say January are relegated to the waitlist pile? The only acceptances I'm seeing are from interviews that took place about a month or two (at most) prior to the date of the acceptance notification.
i interviewed in sept. so i prob have a lower overall score compared to people who just interviewed and were accepted. im just hoping my score isnt too low.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad