2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Commencing my freak out now

Emails only at 9EST? Ugh I wish I wasn't so tethered to my phone

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm sure there'll be more coming out. Also, this week is supposedly the last week of adcom meetings, so probably more decision next Monday and Tuesday also. Good luck fella!
 
Congratulations on your acceptance, bearintraining! Seems like there are still tons of acceptances to be handed out considering the stats (e.g., small number of students in the Facebook accepted students group, small number of reported acceptances here). I wouldn't be so pessimistic!
 
Congratulations on your acceptance, bearintraining! Seems like there are still tons of acceptances to be handed out considering the stats (e.g., small number of students in the Facebook accepted students group, small number of reported acceptances here). I wouldn't be so pessimistic!
I literally read my acceptance email in my dream last night


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what financial package exactly consists of? From the interview day talk it seemed like $35,000 base loan then $78,000 minus (base loan+whatever you can cover) = need-based scholarship. Wondering whether anyone was able to get this in reality...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The process is non linear, the process is non linear...

I interviewed 3/1. My current theories include that they're working backwards from interview date, that my interviewer hasn't made it to the meeting yet and will hopefully be discussing us on Thursday, and that I flat out got passed over 😀


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It is non-linear. They told us on interview day that they discuss them based on when interview reports are finished and when interviewers can make meetings, not based on interview date.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
It is non-linear. They told us on interview day that they discuss them based on when interview reports are finished and when interviewers can make meetings, not based on interview date.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Tell this to my over stressed, over worked brain 🙁. Anybody mind sharing their interviewers? How does this work if I had a student interview?

I'm seriously going to be heartbroken if I don't get in here. Like worse than when Sally turned me down for prom in front of all my friends heartbroken.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I am a March 15 interviewee as well. Was accepted yesterday (completely off-guard. Had to blink few times to register the fact). Yeah I do see quite a number of us March 15ths' in this thread (HELLO!) 🙂 I also had a student interviewer after a faculty member and she was super-friendly.
 
Tell this to my over stressed, over worked brain 🙁. Anybody mind sharing their interviewers? How does this work if I had a student interview?

I'm seriously going to be heartbroken if I don't get in here. Like worse than when Sally turned me down for prom in front of all my friends heartbroken.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I'm not sure how the process exactly works myself, but the student asked more clarifying questions about my application than the faculty interviewer, who seemed to be interested in my way of thinking/philosophy-towards-life type of questions. Maybe they are meant to complement each other.
 
I am a March 15 interviewee as well. Was accepted yesterday (completely off-guard. Had to blink few times to register the fact). Yeah I do see quite a number of us March 15ths' in this thread (HELLO!) 🙂 I also had a student interviewer after a faculty member and she was super-friendly.

Similar experience here, except student interviewer first
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad