You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know how EVMS views thank you letters? Did everyone who interviewed there send one (or three) in to their interviewers?
I sent thank you emails and subsequent letters. If you want, you can email your thank you note to the admissions office and they will forward your email to your interviewer.
She said " the good news is that your app has been reviewed but has not been invited for an interview. You're in sort of a hold pattern and it'll be reviewed again later."
Called yesterday and was told the same thing. IS

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete on 8/11 and just called to check my status. How have I not been reviewed yet??
I'm looking at it this way. At least we weren't rejected. There was something about our application that made them want to keep us around.Called yesterday and was told the same thing. IS![]()
I know it is a relatively small amount of time, but I was complete 8/4. So they may have not gotten to it yet.I was complete on 8/11 and just called to check my status. How have I not been reviewed yet??
Ok so I finally got up the nerve to call.... they said i'm "in line for an interview, but slots are filled through mid-December" so I may have to interview after the 1st of the year?? Does that mean a definite II??
C
Clockwork Biology
I also called in this week. Lucked out with an interview invite for early November!
Did they say it was coming in November?I also called in this week. Lucked out with an interview invite for early November!
C
Clockwork Biology
Did they say it was coming in November?
My interview is scheduled for early November
Ohhhh gotcha. Congrats!My interview is scheduled for early November
Ok so I finally got up the nerve to call.... they said i'm "in line for an interview, but slots are filled through mid-December" so I may have to interview after the 1st of the year?? Does that mean a definite II??
I would say so!
C
Clockwork Biology
Can anyone who has flown to interview here help me out? I'm booking flights to leave after my interview and there aren't a ton of options. Would a 5pm departure time be late enough? If not, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
I'm looking at it this way. At least we weren't rejected. There was something about our application that made them want to keep us around.
I suppose...You are way more optimistic than I am at this point. SMH.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean there were lots of people from last years thread that were in the same situation as we are, complete pretty early, who got interviews and were accepted. Even though they got them later in the season.I suppose...You are way more optimistic than I am at this point. SMH.
I mean there were lots of people from last years thread that were in the same situation as we are, complete pretty early, who got interviews and were accepted. Even though they got them later in the season.
I know...I am praying things pick up within the next 2 weeks or I'm seriously going to start to panic. I'm starting a research lab position at EVMS in like 2 weeks. I need it to get started asap so I can send an update lol.
I feel that. I'm sure our time will come!I know...I am praying things pick up within the next 2 weeks or I'm seriously going to start to panic. I'm starting a research lab position at EVMS in like 2 weeks. I need it to get started asap so I can send an update lol.
They told me something similar. That they were scheduling for Dec, but I might end up interviewing after the holidays if Dec got filled up. But she said she'd push my file forward (dunno what that means).Ok so I finally got up the nerve to call.... they said i'm "in line for an interview, but slots are filled through mid-December" so I may have to interview after the 1st of the year?? Does that mean a definite II??
Can anyone who has flown to interview here help me out? I'm booking flights to leave after my interview and there aren't a ton of options. Would a 5pm departure time be late enough? If not, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
I flew out at 6pm, and I had a 3:30pm interview that lasted an hour.. I was worried about getting to my plane on time, but it worked out somehow! I don't think a 5pm flight would be a good idea unless you have a 3pm interview..
Withdrew from my interview, best of luck to all still in the running!
7
723794
lol are they just giving interviews to people who call or were you guys already selected to interview and they just dont send out the emails right away?
the latter, hahaha. they check your file and, if you're in line for an interview, they'll go ahead and let you know. otherwise they'll tell you that you're on hold. they just sent out a batch of IIs so they said the next batch (which I'm assuming includes those who called in and found out they have IIs) won't be until a few weeks or so.lol are they just giving interviews to people who call or were you guys already selected to interview and they just dont send out the emails right away?
I agree. I had a 3:30 interview and I ended up getting done at 4:20. I'd only schedule a 5pm flight if you had one of the earlier interviews.I flew out at 6pm, and I had a 3:30pm interview that lasted an hour.. I was worried about getting to my plane on time, but it worked out somehow! I don't think a 5pm flight would be a good idea unless you have a 3pm interview..
7
723794
ok that makes more sense lol thanks for clarifyingthe latter, hahaha. they check your file and, if you're in line for an interview, they'll go ahead and let you know. otherwise they'll tell you that you're on hold. they just sent out a batch of IIs so they said the next batch (which I'm assuming includes those who called in and found out they have IIs) won't be until a few weeks or so.
the latter, hahaha. they check your file and, if you're in line for an interview, they'll go ahead and let you know. otherwise they'll tell you that you're on hold. they just sent out a batch of IIs so they said the next batch (which I'm assuming includes those who called in and found out they have IIs) won't be until a few weeks or so.
So if we didn't get an email today we are essentially on hold? [emoji53]
complete 8/25, guessing I still have a while to hear? is it too early for me to call them?
I wouldn't say that! I still haven't gotten an email from them. Call them if you're really curious! Otherwise you can wait until the II emails goes out, which may take a couple of weeks.So if we didn't get an email today we are essentially on hold? [emoji53]
I was complete the same day and called them on 10/23 and they told me what's up. Give them a call if you're curious!complete 8/25, guessing I still have a while to hear? is it too early for me to call them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete 8/25, guessing I still have a while to hear? is it too early for me to call them?
Not at all! I was complete 9/11 and called them last week which yielded an II. They're very receptive to requests for status updates.
I wouldn't say that! I still haven't gotten an email from them. Call them if you're really curious! Otherwise you can wait until the II emails goes out, which may take a couple of weeks.
Well, confirmed on hold but thanks for the encouragement to call. Definitely prefer the knowledge that at least I'm not rejected. I've just been at work and used as an excuse not to call.
Hold as well. Happy I called. Took less than a minute!
I had the same question and no one ever replied. We should start one!sorry if this has been covered, but is there a FB group for accepted students?
Crap. I interviewed about 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back yet, but people from 10/14 seem to be hearing back...
Trying not to read into it too much...
I was going to wait until the 3 week mark to call but maybe I should call earlier...eh?
For anyone who interviewed...I ended up calling earlier. They said the admissions committee meets twice a month and will only review your file once your busy interviewers have completed and turned in your eval. So your decision timeline depends on when they turn those things in. Last time the adcom met was between the 14th and 21st.
So I'm not going to read too much into anything.
Just called and found out that I've been selected for an interview but they don't have a date yet since they send out IIs randomly so I have to wait for the email (they are currently filling spots in December). Definitely glad that I checked since I've been complete since mid-July!
Called as well and have been told I've been selected for an interview!
Joined the phone bandwagon. I called and was told that I was approved for an interview! The lady was so nice and said that there is no date set because they have dates booked through mid-December but that I should be receiving an email in the next few weeks or so! I'm so happy!
Just called and found out that I've been selected for an interview but they don't have a date yet since they send out IIs randomly so I have to wait for the email (they are currently filling spots in December). Definitely glad that I checked since I've been complete since mid-July!
Called as well and have been told I've been selected for an interview!
+4 I guess? Called as well and got the same news 🙂Joined the phone bandwagon. I called and was told that I was approved for an interview! The lady was so nice and said that there is no date set because they have dates booked through mid-December but that I should be receiving an email in the next few weeks or so! I'm so happy!
"You get an II! You get an II! EVERYONE gets an II!"
- EVMS to everyone who calls. All jokes aside, congrats though guys. That's awesome
- EVMS to everyone who calls. All jokes aside, congrats though guys. That's awesomeHahaha I'm calling tomorrow."You get an II! You get an II! EVERYONE gets an II!"- EVMS to everyone who calls. All jokes aside, congrats though guys. That's awesome
"You get an II! You get an II! EVERYONE gets an II!"- EVMS to everyone who calls. All jokes aside, congrats though guys. That's awesome
Lol except not
Right there with ya!Lol except not
So I just called. She told me that I've been approved for an interview but that no date was set yet. I'm glad I got the courage to call from everyone on here! 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow!! Did they say they will send an email?So I just called. She told me that I've been approved for an interview but that no date was set yet. I'm glad I got the courage to call from everyone on here!![]()
Yes.. Eventually, I'm thinking I'm getting a later interview. Probably January or something like that.Wow!! Did they say they will send an email?
Congrats! Are you IS?Yes.. Eventually, I'm thinking I'm getting a later interview. Probably January or something like that.
Thanks! OOSCongrats! Are you IS?

I was called and told that my application has not been review yet...is this weird? I was complete late August.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K