2015-2016 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 10/21/2015 land waitlisted this morning- top 1/3. Pretty devastated...this is my top choice school and I think the interview went really well. Really hoping I get pulled off soon but the waiting game is killing me. This program is exactly what I'm looking for.
Are you IS/OOS?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!! Found out yesterday after leaving another interview. Cried the whole way to the airport 🙂 first acceptance, and it feels ridiculously good.

OOS (california), reapplicant (new to EVMS though), and interviewed on 10/21. Slightly above avg cGPA, avg sGPA, avg MCAT. Honestly shocked they liked me so much to be accepted outright, and I'm enamored with the Jones institute!!! Deposit paid already 😀
 
I called admissions (again lol) and they told me that the next batch of IIs will be sent out either today or early next week. IIs will be for December thru January! YAY, INFORMATION.
Were they able to tell you if you were getting an invite?
 
Last edited:
Were the able to tell you if you were getting an invite?
I called about 1.5 wks ago and found out that I was getting an II (yey)! I followed up yesterday to get more info on when the IIs were being sent and for when, because the first time I called that wasn't super clear.
 
Submitted my secondary 8/23 and the portal still says "we will notify you when your application is complete". Is this normal for EVMS? 2-3 months from secondary submission to complete status?
 
Submitted my secondary 8/23 and the portal still says "we will notify you when your application is complete". Is this normal for EVMS? 2-3 months from secondary submission to complete status?
Mine also has this status on the portal, but when I called they told me my application has been reviewed and I'm in line to get an II. So you're probably complete, and I definitely recommend calling!
 
has anyone whos interviewed been placed on the middle or lower third of waitlist? it seems like everyone is getting accepted or top third
 
I spoke to a very nice lady at the admissions office on Friday and we traded puns about my last name for a little bit before she told me that I have a future in comedy, to which I responded, "Maybe if I don't get into EVMS." She thought that was pretty funny so if I get an interview in the next week I'm attributing it to that conversation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp, been waiting to hear for a while after my 10/9 interview so I called today. Waitlisted. Middle third. IS. FML.
 
Has anyone been placed in the lower third of the waitlist? Everybody who I've seen waitlisted is either in the top or middle third
 
Since there is a hospital tour, are we supposed to send in documentation of our immunizations prior to the interview, or is that only required if you're accepted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are any of you planning on canceling your interview? Turns out the only two days left conflict with another interview. Crap crap crap
 
I'm considering sending an update letter - has anyone had any success with this? And if so, did you email your letter to Kerry Jones or just the general EVMS Admissions email address?
I sent it to the email that sent me my secondary. That is what the person I talked to on the phone told me to do.
 
I had the same reaction before mine, yet EVMS turned out to be the interview I felt best about afterwards! So definitely prepare, but also don't let yourself be too intimidated
Thanks! I'm hoping this goes well, though it seems like LOTS of ppl are being put on the waitlist... :\
 
Waiting to hear back from EVMS (interviewed on 10/28) but let me just say that the faculty and students at this school are unbelievably welcoming and kind. My favorite interview so far! Also, the pediatric hospital is stunning. I would consider being a pediatrician just to work there everyday haha 🙂 Good luck to all!

In case anyone is wondering (4.0 GPA, LizzyM ~72, OOS)
 
Were we suppose to receive a confirmation e-mail with our interview date and time after we confirmed it via phone?
 
Were we suppose to receive a confirmation e-mail with our interview date and time after we confirmed it via phone?
The only thing I got was an e-mail about a week before my interview to remind me of my upcoming interview. I interviewed 10/21 and was placed on the waitlist last Thursday. I just logged into my portal and it still says, "thanks for applying to EVMS, we will e-mail you once your file is complete." Haha
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!! Found out yesterday after leaving another interview. Cried the whole way to the airport 🙂 first acceptance, and it feels ridiculously good.

OOS (california), reapplicant (new to EVMS though), and interviewed on 10/21. Slightly above avg cGPA, avg sGPA, avg MCAT. Honestly shocked they liked me so much to be accepted outright, and I'm enamored with the Jones institute!!! Deposit paid already 😀

Hello fellow classmate 😀 join the EVMS C/o 2020 Facebook group! Wooohoo see you at the orientation week and the White Coat Ceremony!