2015-2016 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I was called and told that my application has not been review yet...is this weird? I was complete late August.
Just called and had this same experience. I was complete August 19 and the lady on the phone (very pleasant to talk to) said "we haven't gotten to yours yet, the admissions committee is very busy. They should be getting to it in the next few days." I'm OOS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, sorry if this question has been asked already. But I interviewed in October and got wait-listed...in October. I was in the top third of the list however (if that makes a difference). I saw on REALLY old threads that people wait-listed in the top third, especially out-of-state applicants, usually get in. Is that still valid? Thank you all and good luck.
 
Hey guys, sorry if this question has been asked already. But I interviewed in October and got wait-listed...in October. I was in the top third of the list however (if that makes a difference). I saw on REALLY old threads that people wait-listed in the top third, especially out-of-state applicants, usually get in. Is that still valid? Thank you all and good luck.

I think so.

I placed in the top 1/3rd waitlist and I was pulled off of it a week later.
 
Has anyone who interviewed on the 21st of October heard back? I know it has only been 1.5 weeks, but just checking! 🙂
Nope! A couple people who interviewed the week before us heard back by the next Thursday so I was hopeful we'd hear back pretty quickly as well! [emoji1]
 
Just called and found out that I've been selected for an interview but they don't have a date yet since they send out IIs randomly so I have to wait for the email (they are currently filling spots in December). Definitely glad that I checked since I've been complete since mid-July!

Called as well and have been told I've been selected for an interview!

Joined the phone bandwagon. I called and was told that I was approved for an interview! The lady was so nice and said that there is no date set because they have dates booked through mid-December but that I should be receiving an email in the next few weeks or so! I'm so happy!

+4 I guess? Called as well and got the same news 🙂

So I just called. She told me that I've been approved for an interview but that no date was set yet. I'm glad I got the courage to call from everyone on here! :highfive:

Whoa. Thought this was too good to be true. Then I called and they said the same exact thing. Approved for an interview, but they don't know when they'll send out the email yet. Good to know!
 
I called and they said im in consideration for an interview...so im on hold basically...so no change over here
 
Haven't really visited this thread much. So, you guys have been calling them for status updates with good success?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called and was told that I was on hold, but it was said in a way that made me feel like I was rejected and she just didn't want to say it over the phone, haha. We'll see.
 
For anyone who interviewed on the 21st... just called and the admissions committee are meeting this evening... hopefully we hear some good news by the end of this week! 🙂
 
people who have called and been told you are in a group to receive an interview at some point. have they said you will be interviewed? or you may be interviewed? like does it seem to be a "just wait and we will get to you" or a "we might get to you we don't know yet"
 
people who have called and been told you are in a group to receive an interview at some point. have they said you will be interviewed? or you may be interviewed? like does it seem to be a "just wait and we will get to you" or a "we might get to you we don't know yet"

When I called a few weeks ago, they said that my file said I was invited to interview and that the next batch of emails would be going out within the next week or so. I got my II over email a few days later.
 
When I called a few weeks ago, they said that my file said I was invited to interview and that the next batch of emails would be going out within the next week or so. I got my II over email a few days later.
yeah i was told something along the lines of i will be receiving an interview but she couldn't say when as they're given randomly. then when i asked if she meant it was already decided and i was just waiting on a slot or if they were still debating between me and other candidates she didn't really answer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah i was told something along the lines of i will be receiving an interview but she couldn't say when as they're given randomly. then when i asked if she meant it was already decided and i was just waiting on a slot or if they were still debating between me and other candidates she didn't really answer

I mean, if she says you will be receiving an interview, I would assume that's the case.
 
Coming into the area tomorrow morning for an interview on Friday. Staying downtown and looking for suggestions. Any current students/residents want to recommend good, casual dinner and/or breakfast places? Also anything "must see" in Norfolk? I have an entire afternoon to kill tomorrow and I'm looking forward to checking out the city
 
Coming into the area tomorrow morning for an interview on Friday. Staying downtown and looking for suggestions. Any current students/residents want to recommend good, casual dinner and/or breakfast places? Also anything "must see" in Norfolk? I have an entire afternoon to kill tomorrow and I'm looking forward to checking out the city

Do a tour of the port/harbor. Aircraft carriers, submarines, naval shipyard, tons of cool stuff if you have an appreciation for our military might.
 
Coming into the area tomorrow morning for an interview on Friday. Staying downtown and looking for suggestions. Any current students/residents want to recommend good, casual dinner and/or breakfast places? Also anything "must see" in Norfolk? I have an entire afternoon to kill tomorrow and I'm looking forward to checking out the city

Go to The Grilled Cheese Bistro! It's about a mile from campus. Hands down the biggest, most incredible grilled cheese of my life.
 
I'm interested in how some people who interviewed within the past 2-3 weeks are already getting accepted, meanwhile others, like myself, have been waiting about a month or more to hear anything (rejection/waitlist/accepted). It looks like some people are even hearing within 2 weeks. Is it a matter of who does the interviewing and how long they take to review a candidate, or is it that higher-rated candidates are being notified sooner?
 
I'm interested in how some people who interviewed within the past 2-3 weeks are already getting accepted, meanwhile others, like myself, have been waiting about a month or more to hear anything (rejection/waitlist/accepted). It looks like some people are even hearing within 2 weeks. Is it a matter of who does the interviewing and how long they take to review a candidate, or is it that higher-rated candidates are being notified sooner?

This was from an earlier post:

For anyone who interviewed...I ended up calling earlier. They said the admissions committee meets twice a month and will only review your file once your busy interviewers have completed and turned in your eval. So your decision timeline depends on when they turn those things in. Last time the adcom met was between the 14th and 21st.
 
Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed 10/14, LizzyM ~66. I've seen people mention the top/middle/bottom 3rd of the alternate list...how would one go about finding out where they stand there?

Good luck to those around my interview date still waiting to hear back!
 
Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed 10/14, LizzyM ~66. I've seen people mention the top/middle/bottom 3rd of the alternate list...how would one go about finding out where they stand there?

Good luck to those around my interview date still waiting to hear back!

You can call admissions at 757-446-5812 and they'll let you know.

I'm waitlisted as well, middle third.
Interviewed 10/16, LizzyM about 65.
IS, Re applicant. Lower stats, but great ECs. Really really disappointed by this one.
 
You can call admissions at 757-446-5812 and they'll let you know.

I'm waitlisted as well, middle third.
Interviewed 10/16, LizzyM about 65.
IS, Re applicant. Lower stats, but great ECs. Really really disappointed by this one.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm IS as well, but first-time applicant. Hopefully I get good news when I make the call, I'd love to end up here (EDIT: Middle 3rd :| ). Good luck to you, both here and elsewhere!
 
Last edited:
OOS, interviewed 10/21.
I just got an e-mail informing me that I have been waitlisted. I might call later today to see what third of the waitlist I'm in.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 10/21/2015 land waitlisted this morning- top 1/3. Pretty devastated...this is my top choice school and I think the interview went really well. Really hoping I get pulled off soon but the waiting game is killing me. This program is exactly what I'm looking for.