2015-2016 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI I emailed them to see if I could get a later interview date and they had 3/4 available , so they're probably not done giving out IIs, either! (I'm still withdrawing tho) For the record, their admissions office is very responsive and courteous!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I was hoping current students or accepted students with knowledge of the situation could help me - I'm interviewing this Thursday so obviously I haven't been accepted yet or might not even be, but I noticed that three credits of sociology or psychology are required for matriculation and they're required by June 15th. I took a statistics class in college that was under the psychology department. Is there any way this could fulfill the psych requirement? If not, what should I do? Should I look for a psychology or sociology class to do at a community college in the meantime or can I do something online?

I was hoping current students or accepted students with knowledge of the situation could help me - I'm interviewing this Thursday so obviously I haven't been accepted yet or might not even be, but I noticed that three credits of sociology or psychology are required for matriculation and they're required by June 15th. I took a statistics class in college that was under the psychology department. Is there any way this could fulfill the psych requirement? If not, what should I do? Should I look for a psychology or sociology class to do at a community college in the meantime or can I do something online?
Just call the admissions office. These are the sorts of questions that they can best answer as they make the final decisions wrt prerequisites.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have called and emailed MCW and have received no response. Are they still doing IIs for Milwaukee?

Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this is a silly question but I genuinely do not know the answer -- is there a separate portal to check the status of your application? The only portal I've been logging into is the one where you submit your secondary application (where it says 2/2 for supplemental materials, etc.) but I don't know if there's any place else people have been logging into to check where their app is at during the cycle? It's been silent from MCW from my end so I wasn't sure if they did silent rejections or if they've already axed anyone, etc... thank you!

Well it hurt to do it but I cancelled my interview for Friday because I was just accepted today to school in my home state (oregon). I was honored to receive an interview invitation, I hope one of you receive can go in my spot. :) Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
What is MCW's post-interview acceptance rate?

Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this is a silly question but I genuinely do not know the answer -- is there a separate portal to check the status of your application? The only portal I've been logging into is the one where you submit your secondary application (where it says 2/2 for supplemental materials, etc.) but I don't know if there's any place else people have been logging into to check where their app is at during the cycle? It's been silent from MCW from my end so I wasn't sure if they did silent rejections or if they've already axed anyone, etc... thank you!

I second this

Any other 2/12 interviewees going crazy waiting to hear about our decisions?! :boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview ran late and I didn't catch this, but do we send thank you letters for our interviewers to the office of admissions?

My interview ran late and I didn't catch this, but do we send thank you letters for our interviewers to the office of admissions?

You can just send them directly to the admissions office either by email, fax or mail (the email address and mailing address should be listed in the folder they gave us). I'm thinking I'll send them via email as PDF attachments.

Does this school send out rejection emails pre II? Been waiting for a response since the summer

I'm trying to get a copy of my credit report and I'm not sure whether to send in TransUnion, Equifax or Experian. Am I supposed to do all three or just pick one at random? I forgot what the guy said during the financial aid presentation

I'm trying to get a copy of my credit report and I'm not sure whether to send in TransUnion, Equifax or Experian. Am I supposed to do all three or just pick one at random? I forgot what the guy said during the financial aid presentation

I just picked one

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be better to wait and see if you're accepted/WL/rejected before buying the credit report though? It does cost money right? (and we have to pay for it)

Would it be better to wait and see if you're accepted/WL/rejected before buying the credit report though? It does cost money right? (and we have to pay for it)

You can get your credit report for free every 12 months from each of the 3 agencies.

When i spoke to the Director of Admission, she said that silent is good because it means you have not been rejected and are still being considered for an interview. Keep hope alive and don't worry- in MCW's case, silent is good!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who has requested a credit report via mail had any luck receiving their report yet? I submitted mine in November and am wondering if something went wrong in their processing.

They recommend doing it ASAP because if you have lived in several places with same CC processing time may be long.

So I have been under review since october. No response. Do they usually not reject till the end or are they waiting to interview me at the end if spots open up. Just want to know more about the process here. They said I would hear within 8 weeks and I haven't at all. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Reactions: 1 users
I still have nine schools in silence since July

So I have been under review since october. No response. Do they usually not reject till the end or are they waiting to interview me at the end if spots open up. Just want to know more about the process here. They said I would hear within 8 weeks and I haven't at all. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Has anyone who has requested a credit report via mail had any luck receiving their report yet? I submitted mine in November and am wondering if something went wrong in their processing.

You should have received your credit report by now. Try with one of the other two agencies and save it as a PDF to be emailed.

You should have received your credit report by now. Try with one of the other two agencies and save it as a PDF to be emailed.
Ah that's what I thought and a little frustrating. I'm assuming you meant to be mailed?

Ah that's what I thought and a little frustrating. I'm assuming you meant to be mailed?

Nope, it states on the financial aid sheet in your folder that the preferred method is for the report to be sent as an email attachment or fax.

Nope, it states on the financial aid sheet in your folder that the preferred method is for the report to be sent as an email attachment or fax.
Whoops, I misread your comment. I thought you meant email the request form to one of the credit report companies.

Just go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action and you can get a copy of one of your credit reports for free, as long as you havent done so in the past year
No need for mailing, all electronic
My problem is I have never had a credit card, therefore no credit, and when I contacted MCW about this they told me I needed to manually fill out and mail a paper copy to ensure that I don't have any credit. When I tried to do it online all it said was "nothing found" or something along those lines.

My problem is I have never had a credit card, therefore no credit, and when I contacted MCW about this they told me I needed to manually fill out and mail a paper copy to ensure that I don't have any credit. When I tried to do it online all it said was "nothing found" or something along those lines.
Try one of the other agencies...I know for my report, two of them weren't able to verify my information but the third one worked. They all are free so I'd say just go ahead and get from all of them. You never know which one might work out.

Yes, if you have absolutely no credit history (utility bills, credit cards, loans, etc) then there is a MCW form that you complete to say as such. (At least that was the case back when I was applying.)

Yes, if you have absolutely no credit history (utility bills, credit cards, loans, etc) then there is a MCW form that you complete to say as such. (At least that was the case back when I was applying.)
I guess I'll call back in that case, but when I emailed them (and I think they touched upon this at the interview day, but maybe not) I needed a blank credit history as shown by one of the three credit score companies to prove so.

I guess I'll call back in that case, but when I emailed them (and I think they touched upon this at the interview day, but maybe not) I needed a blank credit history as shown by one of the three credit score companies to prove so.
Best bet is to call MCW financial aid office - they know the exact answer. Also, like it was said before, choose to receive your credit report electronically - instant gratification plus easily forwarded.

do you only need to send in the credit report if you are accepted?

Best bet is to call MCW financial aid office - they know the exact answer. Also, like it was said before, choose to receive your credit report electronically - instant gratification plus easily forwarded.
Just attempted all 3 online and 2 said they couldn't send their report online, while the third said they had no record that matched (which makes sense because I don't have credit). I had called the admissions office back in November and was told to attempt to get a score by mail. Might as well call them again seeing as things are getting a little hairy.

Just attempted all 3 online and 2 said they couldn't send their report online, while the third said they had no record that matched (which makes sense because I don't have credit). I had called the admissions office back in November and was told to attempt to get a score by mail. Might as well call them again seeing as things are getting a little hairy.
No credit? Lucky...

Pretty much the last week of february, I wonder if there are still any more possible II's?

I submitted here the first week of July, and still silence. I'm not necessarily interested in an II, I'm just complaining about the silence.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they will accept a letter of interest pre-interview? Has anyone tried?

Never mind. Found my answer. So annoying that they won't even take updates!

Does anyone know if they will accept a letter of interest pre-interview? Has anyone tried?
In the complete email that they sent after submitting the secondary it stated to not send any updates pre interview.

Has anyone ever received an e-mail reply/confirmation after sending updates post-interview?