You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you!239 I think
Are we supposed to receive a confirmation email for accepting a position on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we supposed to receive a confirmation email for accepting a position on the waitlist?
Probably not, but I am hoping for a "what the heck, how'd you end up an alternate, you were in the accept mailing list..." email. Hahaha haha hah ha... TAKE ME
Did anyone else think it was strange that at the end of the financial aid email they wanted us to reply with the subject line "Confirmed receipt" and nothing else?
Not too weird, that way we confirm receipt and they can check it off without having to open the e-mail.
BUMP!Hi guys so I was thinking of booking my flights for Second Look (itinerary is flexible, thank you southwest). I was thinking of flying in Thursday morning and leaving Saturday afternoon. What do you guys think? should I change the timings for something else? Thanks!
How many of you are planning on staying till Saturday? I was thinking of doing that so I could hang out in the city Friday night!BUMP!
How many of you are planning on staying till Saturday? I was thinking of doing that so I could hang out in the city Friday night!
me me me 🙂 Also to look at places to live haha
Smart move! Also gotta find a way to not spend 1500+ on rent hahaha.me me me 🙂 Also to look at places to live haha
Did anyone get a confirmation that their financial aid forms were received? Are we supposed to get an email confirmation back or do they only respond if we're missing something? Thanks!!!
Did anyone get a confirmation that their financial aid forms were received? Are we supposed to get an email confirmation back or do they only respond if we're missing something? Thanks!!!
I didn't get a response, so I called to verify they received them all, which I would recommend because they can also see if your FAFSA or NeedAccess were flagged for issues.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I didn't get a response, so I called to verify they received them all, which I would recommend because they can also see if your FAFSA or NeedAccess were flagged for issues.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Thank you so much! I will give them a call tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's definitely a good idea to hang around and look at apartments. The easiest way to save money is to live outside of Streeterville. I'd check out places in Lincoln Park, Lakeview, and South Loop. It's still really early to find places to actually sign a lease for August, but I'd say it's worth checking out the different neighborhoods.Smart move! Also gotta find a way to not spend 1500+ on rent hahaha.
Yeah my plan is to stay til Saturday to hang out and check out potential apartments 🙂
Didn't even think about that. That totally makes sense.Not too weird, that way we confirm receipt and they can check it off without having to open the e-mail.
How many of you are planning on staying till Saturday? I was thinking of doing that so I could hang out in the city Friday night!
me me me 🙂 Also to look at places to live haha
That is my plan as well! Looking forward to it.
Any merit offers yet?
yes
how did you find out?
how did you find out?
email this morning
sorry last question, was it to your new northwestern email address or just your normal one?email this morning
sorry last question, was it to your new northwestern email address or just your normal one?
Normal, what do you mean new email address? Did we get one?
Normal, what do you mean new email address? Did we get one?
When you use the credentials they gave you to log into your Northwestern account, you can see what you new email is - I believe [email protected]
Yeah sorry for the confusion that's what I meant. I haven't set mine up yet so not really sure how it works lolWhen you use the credentials they gave you to log into your Northwestern account, you can see what you new email is - I believe [email protected]
Congrat! What kind of scholarship do they offer? Are they generous?
Congrat! What kind of scholarship do they offer? Are they generous?
200k. basically full tuition. so, very generous!
200k. basically full tuition. so, very generous!
Indeed generous. Congrat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those wondering, I found Northwestern's financial aid pretty much in line with most other private school's offers for me (my family is middle class in a middle cost-of-living part of the country). I didn't get a merit offer, so I can't comment on that. The really nice thing about the need-based grant is that it was set for all 4 years. Some other schools didn't guarantee it for every year.
Dayumm congratulations. Had you submitted your financial aid documents?200k. basically full tuition. so, very generous!
Dayumm congratulations. Had you submitted your financial aid documents?
Nope! Still waiting on my W2s
For those wondering, I found Northwestern's financial aid pretty much in line with most other private school's offers for me (my family is middle class in a middle cost-of-living part of the country). I didn't get a merit offer, so I can't comment on that. The really nice thing about the need-based grant is that it was set for all 4 years. Some other schools didn't guarantee it for every year.
Obviously everyone's financial situation is different, but can you tell us how much the need based grant was for, given a middle class background, just to have an idea?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
+/-12k/yrObviously everyone's financial situation is different, but can you tell us how much the need based grant was for, given a middle class background, just to have an idea?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
+/-12k/yr
Is anyone looking for a roommate?
Also, we just got an email saying that the university is planning to put more money to financial aid. No specifics for medical students though, just a statement of "increased emphasis".Obviously everyone's financial situation is different, but can you tell us how much the need based grant was for, given a middle class background, just to have an idea?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Edit: http://www.northwestern.edu/newscen...sage-from-the-president-on-financial-aid.html
Last edited:
People really begin hunting for roommates on the Facebook page after second look as well!Is anyone looking for a roommate?
Confirmed.
Just a heads up... Got an email today (the Northwestern email address) about my financial aid award. I'm assuming others will have been sent out today as well!
Welp I got Unsub stafford loans and grad plus loans only.
How receptive is Northwestern to matching merit awards from other institutions?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Also curiousHow receptive is Northwestern to matching merit awards from other institutions?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Although upon actually looking at my award, I'm pleasantly surprised. This is the first financial aid package I've received, however, so I don't have anything to compare it to.Also curious
Are our award available on the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we know if they're done giving out merit awards?
Do we know if they're done giving out merit awards?
I called them. Scholarships are given out throughout March.
I talked to financial aid last year and they were helpful, but basically said the financial aid stuff wasn't flexible (but it was guaranteed for all 4 years, which is important if you anticipate your income changing during school).How receptive is Northwestern to matching merit awards from other institutions?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
They referred me to the admissions office, I emailed them with vague stuff how I preferred Feinberg, but the finances were holding me back. They emailed me back with a polite, but straightforward message saying all the merit aid was allocated already, but I would be contacted if some became available and I was chosen (it didn't/I wasn't). Now I never called or specified numbers, so take it as you will.
I'll be receiving my 2015 tax documents any moment now but for those of you who received financial aid offers, did you get finaid estimates based on 2014 tax documents or did you already have your most recent tax forms entered? When I filled out all the financial aid forms, I estimated 2015 using 2014 information so I guess I am just wondering if I will get a package in time with those estimates?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K