2015-2016 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this the group you're talking about? I actually recognize one of the admins--she was one of my interviewers so I think it's legit!
Yeah it is but one of the people who made the group said that "I might be jumping the gun a bit, but I figure it might be nice to have a place to chat with current acceptees about 2nd look, housing, and other exciting things. Congratulations, everyone!" so I think its still an impromptu group..plus like the group only has 60 odd members so far. I guess they will make an official group later on in the year.
 
Yeah it is but one of the people who made the group said that "I might be jumping the gun a bit, but I figure it might be nice to have a place to chat with current acceptees about 2nd look, housing, and other exciting things. Congratulations, everyone!" so I think its still an impromptu group..plus like the group only has 60 odd members so far. I guess they will make an official group later on in the year.
Our current class of 2019 group was created by the student leadership from the class before us, I haven't heard of any group other than the one that was linked earlier.
 
Interviewed early February. They said that we'd most likely hear in March (although by reading this thread, it seems like people are hearing mere week or two after)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How typically generous is Feinberg when it comes to merit based scholarships? I'm like 90% sure that I'll be going here this fall, so I just want to know what I'm getting into haha
 
Hey can someone who was accepted post the acceptance confirmation form here? I accepted the offer on my phone and now I can't find it haha

Congrats to all of you!!!!
 
ACCEPTED!!!! Can't hardly believe it after only interviewing on Feb 3rd.

For those accepted, do we have to accept the offer on the portal and by mailing in the form? Or is the portal sufficient?
 
You're supposed to do both. Accept online and send in the form. Make sure you print the form before you accept the offer via the portal though because it disappears. i think someone attached the form in one of the earlier pages of this forum though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!! Can't hardly believe it after only interviewing on Feb 3rd.

For those accepted, do we have to accept the offer on the portal and by mailing in the form? Or is the portal sufficient?
We interviewed on the same day! Such a quick turnaround.
 
You're supposed to do both. Accept online and send in the form. Make sure you print the form before you accept the offer via the portal though because it disappears. i think someone attached the form in one of the earlier pages of this forum though.

Isn't the form the same thing as the portal? I don't think we have to do both...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Congrats to everyone on their acceptances! Looking forward to the possibility of spending the next four years with y'all
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said to do both but if you can't access the form, just write an email to admissions saying as much and that you still non-bindingly accept the offer
 
also what is this form everyone it talking about?

I think it's the form that pops up AFTER you accept the offer on the portal. Log in, and click to respond to the offer. After you accept it, it'll return to a new page an on that page is additional info stating "Congratulations on your acceptance to the Feinberg School of Medicine. We are delighted that you have accepted our offer. To confirm your acceptance of this offer, please print, complete and fax your Acceptance Confirmation Form to 312-503-0550, or mail to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 East Chicago Avenue, M1-606, Chicago, IL 60611."

🙂
 
I think it's the form that pops up AFTER you accept the offer on the portal. Log in, and click to respond to the offer. After you accept it, it'll return to a new page an on that page is additional info stating "Congratulations on your acceptance to the Feinberg School of Medicine. We are delighted that you have accepted our offer. To confirm your acceptance of this offer, please print, complete and fax your Acceptance Confirmation Form to 312-503-0550, or mail to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 East Chicago Avenue, M1-606, Chicago, IL 60611."

🙂
thanks! I kept searching for it before I accepted online because earlier posts said it would disappear or something :shrug:. Of course the printer is broken today at work, but I saved it to mail in later!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The sample size is small, but I've only detected September + January-Feb interviewers who were deferred and then acceptanced on this thread. I'm praying there's another batch coming out today lol