2015-2016 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be receiving my 2015 tax documents any moment now but for those of you who received financial aid offers, did you get finaid estimates based on 2014 tax documents or did you already have your most recent tax forms entered? When I filled out all the financial aid forms, I estimated 2015 using 2014 information so I guess I am just wondering if I will get a package in time with those estimates?
I used 2014 tax returns for my parents and 2015's for mine--told me 2014's were fine. They gave me a package this week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I used 2014 tax returns for my parents and 2015's for mine--told me 2014's were fine. They gave me a package this week!
Thanks for the info! Maybe they're sending out the packages in waves? I had all my finaid forms in a while back

Thanks for the info! Maybe they're sending out the packages in waves? I had all my finaid forms in a while back
I turned things in right at the deadline but also haven't heard anything, so you're not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you check your NW email? It is not sent to my original AMCAS email.

Anyone know if regular lecture attendance s required?

I submitted my NeedAccess a few days after March 1 so here's to hoping they don't run out of money :nailbiting:

I submitted my NeedAccess a few days after March 1 so here's to hoping they don't run out of money :nailbiting:
They asked to have it submitted by Feb. 26 so that they would receive it by March 1. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone know if regular lecture attendance s required?
Science lectures are not required. I posted a copy of our schedule earlier on in this thread if you want to check it out.

They asked to have it submitted by Feb. 26 so that they would receive it by March 1. Good luck!

Yeah, I had it marked on my calendar and everything. Alas, procrastination is a hard habit to kick hahahahahaha... :'(

I finished and payed my needaccess and finished FAFSA both on feb 19th and checked to see if they got it on march 1. They still did not have it by march 1st so I dunno if there is a delay or not in the late feb submissions.. Still have no fin aid info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recently gotten their financial aid info? I've been checking my NW email but still nothing.. I'm pretty sure I had everything turned it relatively early as well.

Has anyone recently gotten their financial aid info? I've been checking my NW email but still nothing.. I'm pretty sure I had everything turned it relatively early as well.
I got my info yesterday at 445 pm.

In my experience the financial aid folks are pretty helpful. Maybe just give them a call?

Anyone else receive an email saying that they are out of hosts for second look?

Same, even though I opted out of student hosting because my family is local...

Same here.. Anyone want to group up and share a hotel room?
I'd also look into airbnb. I stayed in a building right near campus for my interview and it was perfect. Ended up being a building where a lot of med students live.

Yea I'm not planning to drop another $300 on a hotel room. Maybe some of us could share an Airbnb? 3-4 people would make it a lot more affordable than it currently is

Another suggestion: I stayed at Hotel Indigo, in Gold Coast for my second look. $150-175 a night, not too bad for Chicago.

I really hope I can still go!!! Airbnb is pricey for me even with sharing! (clearly I'm cheap and broke)

Sorry about running out of hosts! It's a rough time of year with all the second years in board studying land and the M1's will just be getting back into a routine after break. I think there are also just a ton of you coming, which is great, but they're aren't that many of us!

I would recommend checking out the Mile North Hotel. It's on top of campus and every time I've stayed there it's been about $150 for a suite. So split a few ways, it wouldn't be bad at all! Actually call them and ask about Northwestern discounts/AAA/ whatever. They will work with you. There's also a few hostels around Chicago that I know some people have had good experiences with, but I don't know a ton about that. Lastly, if you stayed with a student host, I wouldn't be afraid to reach out to them and ask if they have room for you. While I'm sure there are people who have something going on that weekend or are really burnt out from hosting interviewees all year, I'm also sure there are people who either completely forgot about the hosting email or just never actually got around to signing up and a few more who would be willing to host if they realized that more hosts were really needed.

Hope to see you all in a few weeks!

Have you all received financial aid info already?
I can view the offer when I log onto CAESAR, but I'm unable to accept it. I also haven't received any emails either to my gmail or the northwestern account. Anyone else experiencing this as well?

Hey guys, what is the schedule for second look?

Does anybody know whether or not Feinberg is done giving out merit based scholarships? I just got my fin aid package and the amount of loans I'm going to have to take out is scary haha

Does anybody know whether or not Feinberg is done giving out merit based scholarships? I just got my fin aid package and the amount of loans I'm going to have to take out is scary haha
I'd imagine they will be sending out more if students who have received them don't enroll, but I don't know that for sure.

Can't afford Feinberg. Withdrew. Good luck for people on the WL.

Does anyone know if Feinberg is receptive to letters of intent? I'd imagine they are but I got held up at work yesterday and couldn't verify with the admissions office.

Thanks for any input.

Does anyone know if Feinberg is receptive to letters of intent? I'd imagine they are but I got held up at work yesterday and couldn't verify with the admissions office.

Thanks for any input.
Yes they are. They'll add it to your file :)

Is there anything we need to do to confirm our acceptance before April 30? A deposit? I don't remember, but I don't see anything on the applicant portal.

Is there anything we need to do to confirm our acceptance before April 30? A deposit? I don't remember, but I don't see anything on the applicant portal.
I emailed admissions today and I was told to just withdraw other acceptances and if you hadn't on Monday, they will contact you asking for your decision.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, if I remember correctly from last year, northwestern was the only school I got into that had no deposit and no physical acceptance letter. It felt a bit strange, but there was nothing else to do besides withdraw from the other places.

Getting excited looking for housing! :)

Withdrawing my acceptance here Monday. GL to people on the WL!

Safe to assume there won't be any waitlist movement for a week or two?

Have any waitlisted applicants been accepted or rejected?

Last edited:
Does this mean feinberg's class is full and the waitlist is unnecessary since there's been no movement?

Still nothing??? Even a rejection would be better than silence.

For anyone who knows, is there anywhere we can get our books on the cheap or should we just post in the fb group? Also, are any of you getting the optional opthalmoscope? Thanks!