-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II off of the hold list this morning!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Congrats and good luck!II off of the hold list this morning!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never posted on here before but have been following the thread.
I got accepted today!! Initially waitlist to interview, but offered II in early March. Interviewed 3/11, alternate list 4/4, accepted 4/6.
I got accepted today!! Initially waitlist to interview, but offered II in early March. Interviewed 3/11, alternate list 4/4, accepted 4/6.
Never posted on here before but have been following the thread.
I got accepted today!! Initially waitlist to interview, but offered II in early March. Interviewed 3/11, alternate list 4/4, accepted 4/6.
And so it begins?
Last edited:
Never posted on here before but have been following the thread.
I got accepted today!! Initially waitlist to interview, but offered II in early March. Interviewed 3/11, alternate list 4/4, accepted 4/6.
Congrats!
Never posted on here before but have been following the thread.
I got accepted today!! Initially waitlist to interview, but offered II in early March. Interviewed 3/11, alternate list 4/4, accepted 4/6.
Hot dang. Congrats. What time?
I was just accepted off the alternate list! Interviewed in November. I am so unbelievably grateful to this school for this acceptance and for giving me my first II. However I will be declining the offer so I am hoping my spot at this school goes to one of you more-than-deserving people!
Last edited:
I was also accepted this morning. Very similar story to somethingcreative2!
Interviewed 3/11, placed on the alternate list 4/4 and accepted 4/6.
Good luck everyone!
That's a quick turnaround you lucky duck! Congratulations!
*goes back to staring intensely at email inbox*
Also accepted after being on the alternate list! Interviewed early December, Waitlisted in January.I was just accepted off the alrernate list! Interviewed in November. I am so unbelievably grateful to this school for this acceptance and for giving me my first II. However I will be declining the offer so I am hoping my spot at this school goes to one of you more-than-deserving people!
It looks like they're going down the months now...
When did you all receive the acceptance? Like, just now?Also accepted after being on the alternate list. Also interviewed early December! So excited.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any February interviewees hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you all receive the acceptance? Like, just now?
Received the email 2:41 EST
It looks like they're going down the months now...
Or it could be organized by a system we're completely unaware of.
Congratulations everyone!
Waitlisted 2/12, accepted today.
Waitlisted 2/12, accepted today.
Didn't you interview 1/8 too?
That I did. 🙂
Well this is going to sound neurotic, but what time did YOU receive your acceptance?
When it asks for program year for the deposit. Would that be 2020?
Turns out it's supposed to be 2016...hopefully they don't rescind my acceptance.
Well this is going to sound neurotic, but what time did YOU receive your acceptance?
Hahaha. 11:48a PST
Hi everyone, I interviewed at CMS on November 6th, was placed on the Alternate List in early December.
I was accepted today... I don't post often but just wanted to to let you guys know that the waitlist is moving, since I wasn't accepted in an earlier waitlist batch. I wish you all luck if you're waiting currently!
I was accepted today... I don't post often but just wanted to to let you guys know that the waitlist is moving, since I wasn't accepted in an earlier waitlist batch. I wish you all luck if you're waiting currently!
Also accepted off the waitlist this afternoon!!!!! First acceptance, so I'm psyched and eternally grateful!!
Offered an interview in late December, interviewed early March, waitlisted two days ago.
Congrats to everyone accepted!
For those still waiting - hang in there! This was my third cycle so things were beginning to get frustrating, but it paid off!
Offered an interview in late December, interviewed early March, waitlisted two days ago.
Congrats to everyone accepted!
For those still waiting - hang in there! This was my third cycle so things were beginning to get frustrating, but it paid off!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I'm guessing this will be the one big batch of waitlist acceptances. Now its all if people who got accepted decide not to go and theres a couple extra spots to fill....
Aaaaaand now I'm the one doing the speculating..
I will be turning down the acceptance, so there's at least one going to open up. 🙂
Can you let them know you are going to a do a direct transfer of that acceptance to me? Thaaaaanks 😉I will be turning down the acceptance, so there's at least one going to open up. 🙂
Can you let them know you are going to a do a direct transfer of that acceptance to me? Thaaaaanks 😉
That was my plan. "Altrock3 was kind enough to offer to take the acceptance, so I will be sending them an email." 😛
Seeing a good amount of people who interviewed on 3/11 getting acceptances off of the alternate list makes me wish that I had selected a 3/11 interview instead of a 2/12 one. Hoping Alternate listed February and late January interviewees will be receiving good news soon.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
For those accepted, anyone traditional applicant with a subpar mcat (as in less than 27 or less than 504)???
Seeing a good amount of people who interviewed on 3/11 getting acceptances off of the alternate list makes me wish that I had selected a 3/11 interview instead of a 2/12 one. Hoping Alternate listed February and late January interviewees will be receiving good news soon.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
It seems like a coincidence that Feb interviewees didn't post any acceptances. Although it is strange...
Has anybody who got waitlisted in March gotten an acceptance?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I can't even imagine. I'm so happy for you!Also accepted off the waitlist this afternoon!!!!! First acceptance, so I'm psyched and eternally grateful!!
Offered an interview in late December, interviewed early March, waitlisted two days ago.
Congrats to everyone accepted!
For those still waiting - hang in there! This was my third cycle so things were beginning to get frustrating, but it paid off!
I don't think I have ever posted on this thread before, but congrats to everyone that has been accepted so far! I got an interview invite mid Feb, interviewed on 03/02, and put on the alternate list 04/04.
I was just wondering if there were other people here who interviewed on 03/02 as well? It seems like a lot of people through January and March 11 got accepted but I didn't see anything from anyone who interviewed in Feb or early March...
It's just comforting to know that a lot of people are in the same boat right now, I really hope all of us hear good news soon 😀
I was just wondering if there were other people here who interviewed on 03/02 as well? It seems like a lot of people through January and March 11 got accepted but I didn't see anything from anyone who interviewed in Feb or early March...
It's just comforting to know that a lot of people are in the same boat right now, I really hope all of us hear good news soon 😀
I'm in a similar position as you. Interview invite off the waitlist in early February, interview on February 19th, Alternate List on March 11. No news today. FWIW I interviewed on the same day as two of my classmates and they are both still on the waitlist (one was waitlisted 3/11, one on 4/4). It does seem like there is a disproportionate number of acceptances reported from March 11! All we can do at this point is wait and hope for the best.I don't think I have ever posted on this thread before, but congrats to everyone that has been accepted so far! I got an interview invite mid Feb, interviewed on 03/02, and put on the alternate list 04/04.
I was just wondering if there were other people here who interviewed on 03/02 as well? It seems like a lot of people through January and March 11 got accepted but I didn't see anything from anyone who interviewed in Feb or early March...
It's just comforting to know that a lot of people are in the same boat right now, I really hope all of us hear good news soon 😀
@sweetgirl964
It's a class of 190 with ~12k apps reviewed. Most likely there won't be a lot of acceptances so that's why you may not see acceptances from your particular interview date. On top of that, even if someone from that date was accepted, they might not be on these forums.
I interviewed and WL the same day as you.
My speculation is that the rest of the acceptances went out today for a full class, and a few spots may be offered further based on who declines their acceptance.
I know, I was just a bit curious to see if anyone here got accepted from those dates. I completely agree with your speculation, but there is no harm in hoping for the best, right?
Last edited:
This may very well be the case. Though they did a big round of acceptances on 12/15 and then another round of acceptances on 1/5, which with the holidays might only be ~1 business week later.@sweetgirl964
It's a class of 190 with ~12k apps reviewed. Most likely there won't be a lot of acceptances so that's why you may not see acceptances from your particular interview date. On top of that, even if someone from that date was accepted, they might not be on these forums.
I interviewed and WL the same day as you.
My speculation is that the rest of the acceptances went out today for a full class, and a few spots may be offered further based on who declines their acceptance.
I do know that there was a mess up on the March 11th interview day. It seemed as if they double booked for interviews. There were about 18 of us that they were not expecting to show up that day. So maybe that's why there are a few more posting about acceptances from that interview day? Twice as many interviewers.
Just speculating 🙂
Just speculating 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@sweetgirl964
It's a class of 190 with ~12k apps reviewed. Most likely there won't be a lot of acceptances so that's why you may not see acceptances from your particular interview date. On top of that, even if someone from that date was accepted, they might not be on these forums.
I interviewed and WL the same day as you.
My speculation is that the rest of the acceptances went out today for a full class, and a few spots may be offered further based on who declines their acceptance.
Possibly, but remember, they are still interviewing through the end of the month. It would become somewhat pointless to keep interviewing if this is their second attempt at fully filling the class with an already sizeable waitlist selected.... Unless they expect a decent amount of movement still from waitlist.
And they recently pulled people off the interview waitlist too.
True factPossibly, but remember, they are still interviewing through the end of the month. It would become somewhat pointless to keep interviewing if this is their second attempt at fully filling the class with an already sizeable waitlist selected.
Possibly, but remember, they are still interviewing through the end of the month. It would become somewhat pointless to keep interviewing if this is their second attempt at fully filling the class with an already sizeable waitlist selected.... Unless they expect a decent amount of movement still from waitlist.
And they recently pulled people off the interview waitlist too.
But I'd still say that the odds have significantly decreased.
But I'd still say that the odds have significantly decreased.
Probably. From the stupid low "odds" that is med school admissions to begin with at any given school, though?
But I can't even say that for sure. They already bucked what I thought would happen and accepted people off the waitlist that had acceptances elsewhere. And I thought that thought o'mine was a pretty solid assumption.
So, who the heck knows? I'm just prepared to ride this thing out 'til August if need be, while preparing for the next year or 2 if I don't get in.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K