You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No that's way too logical. Knowing Rosalind Franklin, there must be a much more convoluted explanation.I don't believe your date of interview has any bearing on movement off the waitlist. It just happened that March 11th interviewees did particularly well or had good applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does that mean??Graduation and traffic day coming up.
![]()
traffic day is the day that people with multiple acceptances have to decide what school they want to go toWhat does that mean??
traffic day is the day that people with multiple acceptances have to decide what school they want to go to
Ah I see. I suppose a few lil spots will open up after then too! I'm sure another small round will be coming around the mountain soon enough.
Rosalind can this please be our week? I just want to be with you. I have so much love to give.
But don't they basically know at this point? Are people really going to take until the last possible day to make their decisions?
But don't they basically know at this point? Are people really going to take until the last possible day to make their decisions?
I've actually heard of people being called in the first week of classes at Rosalind. Anything is possible.
Right I know that--I'm saying that I would expect med schools to basically know what their class looks like by now. Unless people are truly waiting until the 11th hour to make their decisions, that is.I've actually heard of people being called in the first week of classes at Rosalind. Anything is possible.
Right I know that--I'm saying that I would expect med schools to basically know what their class looks like by now. Unless people are truly waiting until the 11th hour to make their decisions, that is.
Regardless it seems like they meet the first week of every month. Plus they are wrapping up interviews. I'd expect any other decisions that include the results to late April interviews as well as a sprinkle of acceptances would be then (something like next week). But then again who knows. I'm just pissed i'm taking the MCAT again in two weeks :/
Friday was their last interview date. You're right, it does seem that they make decisions at the beginning of every month. I don't know if the April 30th deadline would provide any kind of impetus for them to make decisions this week. I don't know how to explain it, but I just feel hopeful about this school. I really do. I think they're gonna come through for a lot of us.Regardless it seems like they meet the first week of every month. Plus they are wrapping up interviews. I'd expect any other decisions that include the results to late April interviews as well as a sprinkle of acceptances would be then (something like next week). But then again who knows. I'm just pissed i'm taking the MCAT again in two weeks :/
Friday was their last interview date. You're right, it does seem that they make decisions at the beginning of every month. I don't know if the April 30th deadline would provide any kind of impetus for them to make decisions this week. I don't know how to explain it, but I just feel hopeful about this school. I really do. I think they're gonna come through for a lot of us.
Hope you're right!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm usually not but we'll see.Hope you're right!!!
.
Last edited:
There have been a healthy amount of post-interview rejections posted here. FWIW about a month ago people got accepted like two days after being placed on the alternate list!Any acceptances today? I just got notified i am on the alternate list. Interviewed 4/1.
Does RFU do post interview rejections or is it all alternate list?
I think there may have been another wave of acceptances because the fb group just jumped from 131 members to 154.
Or they just approved pending memberships for the group?
I think there may have been another wave of acceptances because the fb group just jumped from 131 members to 154.
There were acceptances on Monday. Current students have also been added to the group to answer questions.
Well, I guess that makes three decision dates that I've been passed up then. Time for me to see the writing on the wall and move on. It's been a pleasure commiserating with all of you fine people.
Well, I guess that makes three decision dates that I've been passed up then. Time for me to see the writing on the wall and move on. It's been a pleasure commiserating with all of you fine people.
I'm with you. The odds are certainly not in favor of the long-time waitlisters anymore. Maybe we'll be back speculating on the thread next cycle 😀!
do you have any idea how many seats are still left? or do they fill up the class each time they have another wave?There were acceptances on Monday. Current students have also been added to the group to answer questions.
I tried and got farther than a lot of people. There's no shame in that. Not everyone is good enough. It was an honor to be considered at such a great school.I'm with you. The odds are certainly not in favor of the long-time waitlisters anymore. Maybe we'll be back speculating on the thread next cycle 😀!
Since I never quite considered this cycle in my favor anyway, I guess I'm still in the same place mentally. Honestly, I feel like I don't know exactly what's happening... and for the first time, the ambiguity is suiting me. 😛 And I've known of too many 13th hour acceptances...
I understand that things don't look favorably upon the situation, but it not quite being May and acting like there is no shot, is probably premature.
I tried and got farther than a lot of people. There's no shame in that. Not everyone is good enough. It was an honor to be considered at such a great school.
I understand that things don't look favorably upon the situation, but it not quite being May and acting like there is no shot, is probably premature.
Last edited:
I'm tired of "probably" and "maybe" and "next week" and all the speculation and unknowns. It was fun for a little bit, exciting even, but not anymore. I'm graduating in three weeks, pretty much everyone I know is going to medical school, and I just really want to know where I stand.Since I never quite considered this cycle in my favor anyway, I guess I'm still in the same place mentally. Honestly, I feel like I don't know exactly what's happening... and for the first time, the ambiguity is suiting me. 😛 And I've known of too many 13th hour acceptances...
I understand that things don't look favorably upon the situation, but it not quite being May and acting like there is no shot, is probably premature.
But thank you for your positivity.
Last edited:
do you have any idea how many seats are still left? or do they fill up the class each time they have another wave?
I have no information on that, sorry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm tired of "probably" and "maybe" and "next week" and all the speculation and unknowns. It was fun for a little bit, exciting even, but not anymore. I'm graduating in three weeks, pretty much everyone I know is going to medical school, and I just really want to know where I stand.
But thank you for your positivity.
I hear you, man. I sent a holographic message via two droids that says, "Help me Rosi-Fran Kenobi, you're my only hope." I'll let you know how that goes.
Now it makes more sense.
Only 30% of the matriculants are traditional students (with almost 40% holding graduate degrees), meaning this class of high rollers (from UCs, Northwestern, etc.,) also have a year or two of gap year experience. They're looking for non-trads with very unique backgrounds - atypical pre-meds (compared to a lot of other schools).
Sent from my Oven using SDN baked app
Last edited:
Now it makes more sense.
Only 30% of the matriculants are traditional students (with almost 40% holding graduate degrees), meaning this class of high rollers (from UCs, Northwestern, etc.,) also have a year or two of gap year experience. They're looking for non-trads with very unique backgrounds - atypical pre-meds (compared to a lot of other schools).
These aren't necessarily the matriculants just yet.
Honestly, if what you're saying is otherwise true, I don't mind a school that does things a smidge differently.
...did you go through the entire roster of the members of the Facebook group and figure out what their background is? LolNow it makes more sense.
Only 30% of the matriculants are traditional students (with almost 40% holding graduate degrees), meaning this class of high rollers (from UCs, Northwestern, etc.,) also have a year or two of gap year experience. They're looking for non-trads with very unique backgrounds - atypical pre-meds (compared to a lot of other schools).
Haha that's true dedication right there....did you go through the entire roster of the members of the Facebook group and figure out what their background is? Lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I did a random sampling for school backgrounds and the numbers are just MSAR. Took me 10 minutes and I honestly have nothing better to do.
Sent from my Oven using SDN baked app
Sent from my Oven using SDN baked app
I do agree that they seem to like nontraditional premeds more than most schools. FWIW, I only know one person that is going to Rosalind Franklin and she is quite possibly the most extraordinary premed I've ever encountered. Literally perfect across all categories. If you were design someone to get into every single medical school they applied to, she would still be better. Somehow Rosalind was her only interview, but she got in on their first round of acceptances and is going there next year.
Goes to show how competitive med schools are getting I guess. Makes me wonder why they even granted me an interview and subsequent waitlist - I'm nowhere near that caliber.
Sent from my Oven using SDN baked app
Sent from my Oven using SDN baked app
Last edited:
Okay I'll admit to some extreme neuroticism...I check the Facebook group like once every three-ish days to see what the number is. It jumped up to like 130 after they admitted people in early April, and since that it has steadily climbed by like 5ish people per but I think some of the recent additions are current students though.I did a random sampling for school backgrounds and the numbers are just MSAR. Took me 10 minutes and I honestly have nothing better to do.
Last edited:
Don't sell yourself short. They interviewed you for a reason because they liked what they saw.Goes to show how competitive med schools are getting I guess. Makes me wonder why they even granted me an interview and subsequent waitlist - I'm nowhere near that caliber.
Sent from my Oven using SDN baked app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I'd also be careful about the assessment of the current students in the group. By your assessment, I'd also be called a "high roller" with more than a couple gap years of managerial experience. Perhaps that's why I'm on the waitlist, however, other schools haven't rushed to offer me admission, despite having performed (let's just say) well, at NU.
They do seem to like Northwestern. Keep in mind, though, that Northwestern has a night school program w/a post-bacc and offers undergraduate degrees. It's a fab program, but the admissions criteria aren't the same as the day school. You do have to get through the rigor that is Northwestern academics/science with many, many of the same professors... but knowing what I know, I doubt many of the students would consider themselves to be a "high roller." More like really hard working non-traditionals whom NU allowed the opportunity of a world class education.
Now, I don't know how many of those students were day school vs night school students. I'm just saying, let's not just jump to conclusions yet.
They do seem to like Northwestern. Keep in mind, though, that Northwestern has a night school program w/a post-bacc and offers undergraduate degrees. It's a fab program, but the admissions criteria aren't the same as the day school. You do have to get through the rigor that is Northwestern academics/science with many, many of the same professors... but knowing what I know, I doubt many of the students would consider themselves to be a "high roller." More like really hard working non-traditionals whom NU allowed the opportunity of a world class education.
Now, I don't know how many of those students were day school vs night school students. I'm just saying, let's not just jump to conclusions yet.
I wasn't aware that they had any kind of bias towards northwestern, or if that's even true. But if there is a disproportionate amount of people from northwestern, it could be a confounding variable that has nothing to do with the school itself. They want to accept people who will come. Northwestern is an hour away from Rosalind Franklin. If I were a betting man I'd say they look at a lot of the Chicago area schools favorably in that regard.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
D
deleted659912
I think about 20-30 people in the FB group are current students to help answer our questions. They have a class size of 190 so they're definitely not done pulling from the waitlist!
I also noticed that my future classmates are mostly nontrads from Illinois and California... I'm also technically a nontrad from an Illinois public school.
I also noticed that my future classmates are mostly nontrads from Illinois and California... I'm also technically a nontrad from an Illinois public school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what the deal is with the 2 years of chemistry lab requirement? I have 1 year of Gen Chem lab because the lab was integrated with lecture, but my school did orgo differently in that the lab was standalone and we only did one semester despite taking 2 semesters of orgo lecture. Is anyone in the same situation, or did you all take 2 semesters of orgo lab?
My school is similar to yours and I was accepted to RFU this cycle. I think by "2 years" they mean one full lab with gen chem and one full lab with orgoAnyone know what the deal is with the 2 years of chemistry lab requirement? I have 1 year of Gen Chem lab because the lab was integrated with lecture, but my school did orgo differently in that the lab was standalone and we only did one semester despite taking 2 semesters of orgo lecture. Is anyone in the same situation, or did you all take 2 semesters of orgo lab?
My school is similar to yours and I was accepted to RFU this cycle. I think by "2 years" they mean one full lab with gen chem and one full lab with orgo
Are you going to attend there? I'm also accepted but I think they make those decisions without regard of the applicant having completed all the prerequisites at the time of acceptance. I'm just worried they're going to tell me towards start of classes that I haven't crossed all my ts if I end up choosing this school
Just withdrew my acceptance.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K