2015-2016 Texas Tech University - Lubbock Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would the people who got interviews mind sharing their stats?
Yes please would anyone who got interviews mind sharing their stats/completion date? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I literally got the II , they gave me August 7, which is impossible for me. How willing were they about rescheduling ?

Pepocho, did you just receive it? Like, at 11 pm? That's a weird time for an email to go out! I'm trying to figure out if another round of invites went out or if yours was an invite from another day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah literally at 11 pm. I thought it was so weird. I tripled checked thinking maybe I just didn't see it earlier but it was at 11 pm. Good luck!

Thank you for the info! Good luck to you, as well :) Pretty awesome news!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I literally got the II , they gave me August 7, which is impossible for me. How willing were they about rescheduling ?

They were more than happy to. Hopefully you can get an earlier date.

II for me too!

Reactions: 1 users
No its not.
Most committees start downloading apps mid-July to early August with first set of interviews in mid to end of August. Lubbock is known to start the process a bit early but not significantly so. And you don't have to be the first batch of people to interview. In fact, in many cases more often than not, the order in which you interview has absolutely no bearing on whether you are more likely to receive a prematch/match/etc. I've been following some profiles from past application cycles and some interviewed in November, aced it, and got prematch while some candidates who interviewed in August did not get any prematch/match despite having 30+/3.7+ stats.

You should submit your application in a reasonable time frame and it should be the best it possibly can be. End of July is fine as well if you are waiting for MCAT scores, etc.
Any idea how bad it is to submit my app end of June as OOS? I just finished submitting all my secondaries for Texas schools, so technically I am only complete now.

I got mine at 9:45 PM today lol, on a Sunday.
IS. New MCAT, not sure how to do that Lizzy M thing.
Complete 7/7.
Um...when they tell us to choose an interview date, is it normal to have only one date available? o_o

I got mine at 9:45 PM today lol, on a Sunday.
IS. New MCAT, not sure how to do that Lizzy M thing.
Complete 7/7.
Um...when they tell us to choose an interview date, is it normal to have only one date available? o_o
Yes, I had one date too and had to call to reschedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those with recent interview invites, congrats! Would you mind sharing the date you were offered? I'm trying to gauge how far out Tech is scheduling interviews. I'm a May applicant so I'm not sure I will hear back anymore, but I'm also trying to keep the hope alive!

To those with recent interview invites, congrats! Would you mind sharing the date you were offered? I'm trying to gauge how far out Tech is scheduling interviews. I'm a May applicant so I'm not sure I will hear back anymore, but I'm also trying to keep the hope alive!

August 5. Rescheduled to August 14

I was offered one this Friday :)

I was offered one this Friday on 7/30. So...about a week's notice lol. They do give the option of staying with a student and they provide a shuttle to the airport. I'm staying with an M1 that I know and I'm flying Southwest (they were the cheapest).

II just now! Does anyone know if 8/21 is a viable date?

Last edited:
Thank you! I got one from AZCOM at like 4 am on a Thursday :thinking:

I've been so nervous lately, but it kinda goes down after 5... Not anymore haha 24/7 heightened nerves now!

When did you submit your secondary and when did your primary transmit?

I've been so nervous lately, but it kinda goes down after 5... Not anymore haha 24/7 heightened nerves now!

When did you submit your secondary and when did your primary transmit?
I want to say 5/20 for primary and 6/1 for secondary. Long time ago.

TMDSAS finally transmitted! Finally got the secondary.
I have it all written but am not sure if I actually can answer about ties to West Texas.
While my girlfriend is from San Antonio and we really want to go back there so that she can take over her dad's company, I am curious if mentioning this in the question about ties to West Texas would be a bad idea because it kind of strays from the question and talks about my ties to Texas in general.

TMDSAS finally transmitted! Finally got the secondary.
I have it all written but am not sure if I actually can answer about ties to West Texas.
While my girlfriend is from San Antonio and we really want to go back there so that she can take over her dad's company, I am curious if mentioning this in the question about ties to West Texas would be a bad idea because it kind of strays from the question and talks about my ties to Texas in general.

Is San Antonio in West Texas? No? Then don't mention it. You saying that is telling them "I'd rather go to UTHSCA than your school, but if my only acceptance is here, I'll do it."

Is San Antonio in West Texas? No? Then don't mention it. You saying that is telling them "I'd rather go to UTHSCA than your school, but if my only acceptance is here, I'll do it."

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for that!

I had written more of a narrative for describing my activities and did not realize that they wanted them in a bulleted format. Do they literally just want a list or can I include part of that narrative after each bullet point?

II for 8/14. Do you know how the MD/MBA interviews works anyone? (how long, interview format, social, etc) Any advice will be appreciated!

Last edited:
II for 8/14. Do you know how the MD/MBA interviews works anyone? (how long, interview format, social, etc) Any advice will be appreciated!

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do have my own question for you. Can you apply to the MBA program after matriculation? Or do you have to apply to the dual degree program at the beginning?

Last edited:
Teaching science? Or just any teaching?

I would assume anything, however make sure it is relatable to teaching students. Teaching dogs how to play fetch probably won't cut it, and I would bet that teaching children is viewed differently than teaching college-aged students.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do have my own question for you. Can you apply to the MBA program after matriculation? Or do you have to apply to the dual degree program at the beginning?

I believe you can apply after medical school graduation, but not during medical school. And it's also recommended that you do your residency right after graduation; so in reality, if you don't do the MD/MBA, you'll probably wouldn't do an MBA for a long time.

I believe you can apply after medical school graduation, but not during medical school. And it's also recommended that you do your residency right after graduation; so in reality, if you don't do the MD/MBA, you'll probably wouldn't do an MBA for a long time.

Okay, cool. And is it a 5-year program? Maybe I should look for some info online.

Anybody here got an interview with a LizzyM ~71, who submitted secondary around 6/25 IS?
cause my primary was in 5/18, secondary 6/25, and i havent heard anything from ttu.. kinda getting worried.

Anybody here got an interview with a LizzyM ~71, who submitted secondary around 6/25 IS?
cause my primary was in 5/18, secondary 6/25, and i havent heard anything from ttu.. kinda getting worried.

It's August. Calm down. You have about 5 more months of possible interview dates so breathe. This entire process is a waiting game and you need to understand and accept this.

I did. But don't worry; lots of time left!

Last edited:
I know this is really hard to do @YoungDrHopeful, but I truly believe Lubbock has a method to the madness. I was complete several weeks before you, my LizzyM is several points higher, and I only just heard from Lubbock this past week. I think they are trying to create a diverse group for each interview day, and I don't mean just in terms of demographics. They probably want a mix of non-trads and trads, different majors, undergraduate schools, etc. I say this as someone who was very worried prior to getting my invite, but this last II in particular has made me realize that there's a process in place, and that process does not necessarily prioritize stats or complete date. Keep on holding on to hope, and I'm sending you good luck! :luck:

Reactions: 7 users
Just for information:
I was complete mid-June and only recently got an II last week.
LizzyM 70+

It's August. Calm down. You have about 5 more months of possible interview dates so breathe. This entire process is a waiting game and you need to understand and accept this.
I know there's time, but if they are going chronologically and people around me have gotten II, then i feel it's appropriate to worry. However, i know it's early. So it's all good. Lots of time to hear something back, thanks for your insight! :)

I know this is really hard to do @YoungDrHopeful, but I truly believe Lubbock has a method to the madness. I was complete several weeks before you, my LizzyM is several points higher, and I only just heard from Lubbock this past week. I think they are trying to create a diverse group for each interview day, and I don't mean just in terms of demographics. They probably want a mix of non-trads and trads, different majors, undergraduate schools, etc. I say this as someone who was very worried prior to getting my invite, but this last II in particular has made me realize that there's a process in place, and that process does not necessarily prioritize stats or complete date. Keep on holding on to hope, and I'm sending you good luck! :luck:
Okay, this makes me feel much better haha. I'll post as soon as, or if i get an II! Congrats on yours though! Which date did you select? Or i guess which date were you given?

Thank you for sharing that @SweetCaroline7 !

Okay, this makes me feel much better haha. I'll post as soon as, or if i get an II! Congrats on yours though! Which date did you select? Or i guess which date were you given?

We'll be looking forward to that post :)

I selected 8/14, so I'll be there this Friday! Any others joining me?
ETA: By "selected" I mean, I was given 8/14, haha

I submitted my Lubbock secondary on 7/1. I have a 67 LizzyM, and this anticipation is killing me!

Just going by this and other posts of yours I've seen, I would accept you. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Be sure to take good notes during your interview, and report back promptly!

Just going by this and other posts of yours I've seen, I would accept you. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Be sure to take good notes during your interview, and report back promptly!
That is so nice of you to say! :) I'll definitely come back with some info after. It is always nice to know what you're walking into, especially since Tech doesn't give an agenda ahead of time.