You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by tarheel1408
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys receive a complete email from them at all? I turned everything in on 8/10 but haven't received anything from them.
I submitted 7/17, my status in the portal changed to "Complete" on 7/24, and I received the "Application Complete" e-mail 7/27. They process applications and update statuses in batches, so hang in there!
Yes they do. 8000 applicants, only 2000 secondaries, 700 interviews
They send secondaries to 85% of all primary applicants. Check their Facebook or earlier in this thread where I quoted their Facebook.
On the MSAR, it states that they accept 8 LOR. However, on the secondary they only have use list two. Does anyone know how many we can actually send in?
When I called, the lady said they accept up to 6. So I'm not sure what is actually correct, but I wouldn't send more than 6. The 2 you list on the secondary are the first 2 you want them to read. If they want to read more then they will.
Check first email they sent you.So I submitted the secondary and made the payment, but no confirmation email? And when using the same portal from the email to log back in, it just gives me an overview of what I submitted (my essays). Where can I see if they have received my materials?
II! Does anyone know when the committee meets?
Did you just get it? 😛II! Does anyone know when the committee meets?
I did! Barely containing my joy in public! Just wanted to get an idea of when they meet before I call to schedule!
II not so long ago!!!!! I'm overjoyed 🙂
Applying with 3.6 and 515. Waiting for a secondary! My MCAT just came back a couple days ago, so patiently waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I understand Wake is a Baptist school and was wondering how much of that translates into the medical school?
Very likely not at all. But I'm just speculating.
Very likely not at all. But I'm just speculating.
It's not incorporated. While the school is Baptist in heritage, there isn't any influence anymore, especially not at the med school. Same goes for the hospital too.
We do have a Chaplaincy Residency and we have a very nice chapel, but there is no influence from the Baptist church on the curriculum or administration of the medical school .Hi! I understand Wake is a Baptist school and was wondering how much of that translates into the medical school?
I wish this school would love me
Thank you!We do have a Chaplaincy Residency and we have a very nice chapel, but there is no influence from the Baptist church on the curriculum or administration of the medical school .
I just got a new LOR from someone who knows me really well and it should reinforce some things I mention in the secondary. I really want the admissions committee see it, should I email them letting them know? I'd be willing to write up a formal 'update letter' and include a new grade I received this summer, but I feel like its too early in the game for that. Thoughts?
I submitted 7/17, my status in the portal changed to "Complete" on 7/24, and I received the "Application Complete" e-mail 7/27. They process applications and update statuses in batches, so hang in there!
A week to become complete? It's been over 2 weeks here and I'm still reading "Your Secondary Application has been received. If your recommendation letters have been received by AMCAS we will be loading them into our system soon. We do this in batches so please allow 2 weeks for your file to be complete." 🙁
I was also in the first batch (I think) and who knows, maybe they had less applications to process at that time compared to now. Hang in there! If it'll make you feel any better/put you at ease, call them, but I think taking over two weeks to be complete at the height of the application season (especially since it's only been a month since they started sending out secondaries) is not that unusual.A week to become complete? It's been over 2 weeks here and I'm still reading "Your Secondary Application has been received. If your recommendation letters have been received by AMCAS we will be loading them into our system soon. We do this in batches so please allow 2 weeks for your file to be complete." 🙁
I don't think it's too early in the game. If you don't send it in, you may not even get a chance for them to see it. I can't recall if they accept LORs after secondary completion, but it can't hurt to try.I just got a new LOR from someone who knows me really well and it should reinforce some things I mention in the secondary. I really want the admissions committee see it, should I email them letting them know? I'd be willing to write up a formal 'update letter' and include a new grade I received this summer, but I feel like its too early in the game for that. Thoughts?
Hey guys, MS2 checking in here! Wanted to share this music video parody some of my friends from the Class of 2018 put together so you could see the fun side of student body:
Full disclosure: This is a work of parody intended for entertainment purposes, and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Additionally, the views expressed in this video in no way reflect the views of Wake Forest, the hospital, or of any of its associated entities. Finally, LONG LIVE WAKE FOREST SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CLASS OF 2018!
Full disclosure: This is a work of parody intended for entertainment purposes, and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Additionally, the views expressed in this video in no way reflect the views of Wake Forest, the hospital, or of any of its associated entities. Finally, LONG LIVE WAKE FOREST SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CLASS OF 2018!
Hey guys, MS2 checking in here! Wanted to share this music video parody some of my friends from the Class of 2018 put together so you could see the fun side of student body:
Full disclosure: This is a work of parody intended for entertainment purposes, and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Additionally, the views expressed in this video in no way reflect the views of Wake Forest, the hospital, or of any of its associated entities. Finally, LONG LIVE WAKE FOREST SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CLASS OF 2018!
I saw "Write my name" and thought this was going to be a remake of Destiny's Child's "Say my name" hahaha
II this morning! Secondary submitted 8/1
II here, too. OOS. Complete 8/11.
Complete today, 8/27
Submitted a week ago

Submitted a week ago

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete today, 8/27
Submitted a week ago
![]()
Did you get a complete email?
I was also marked as complete today (and yes, I received an email). Submitted around Aug. 10.Did you get a complete email?
Yeah same here. Pretty much got it as soon as I asked my question.
Submitted middle of last week and got my complete email just now too!
+1 although the portal showed complete yesterday if I'm not mistaken
Complete email today, submitted 8/14. Is there anywhere we can check status? The portal just shows my secondary app
In the other email they sent you BEFORE the one with the secondary, there is a link buried in the body text that directs you to the status of your app!Complete email today, submitted 8/14. Is there anywhere we can check status? The portal just shows my secondary app
In the other email they sent you BEFORE the one with the secondary, there is a link buried in the body text that directs you to the status of your app!
Thanks!
This needs to be the first post of this thread.In the other email they sent you BEFORE the one with the secondary, there is a link buried in the body text that directs you to the status of your app!
Can you please post that link here? I never got any email from them before the secondary email. I did see the link to access the secondary app but that was it.In the other email they sent you BEFORE the one with the secondary, there is a link buried in the body text that directs you to the status of your app!
Complete along with many of you! Given that the latest II was complete on 8/11, I am hoping they will send out II to those who just got complete soon =) *fingers crossed* 😀
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete 7/27, oh geez.
Don't let my wishful thinking unnerve you! There's plenty of time =)
.
Last edited:
hey guys, just wanna make sure,
so after you submit your secondary online successfully, then when you log in again, you will see your secondary that cannot be edited, right? And it says, if you need to change something, you gotta contact the office.
Thanks thanks.
so after you submit your secondary online successfully, then when you log in again, you will see your secondary that cannot be edited, right? And it says, if you need to change something, you gotta contact the office.
Thanks thanks.
Correct. If you check your status page now, it still might say the thing it said earlier but over the next few weeks it should go from saying (Secondary sent to you blah blah)-->(Secondary received by WFSOM)-->(You are now complete and under review).
Where are you, Wake Forest!? need you in my life
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K