2016-2017 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you submitted an update, does the receipt confirmation come automatically, or it takes the admissions several days to process? I uploaded an update letter through the online portal earlier this week but haven't heard back anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you submitted an update, does the receipt confirmation come automatically, or it takes the admissions several days to process? I uploaded an update letter through the online portal earlier this week but haven't heard back anything yet.

It took awhile for them to send me the confirmation email that they received my update. I uploaded it through the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
It took a while for them to send me the confirmation email that they received my update. I uploaded it through the portal.
It took my confirmation a day or so to come too

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the last IIs went out in previous years?

Does anyone know when the last IIs went out in previous years?
You might just be able to check the 2015/2016 P&S thread for that

Edit: looks like January 6th may have been the last II last year and it seems they interview through the end of January, but it could be different this year!

Last edited:
Does Columbia do silent rejection? Haven't heard anything since September...

Does anyone know the last date of interviews?
They definitely interview through the end of January, and usually they have a couple days in early February as well (though I'm not 100% sure about Feb dates this year).

So I guess all of their interview invites for this year have been released already?

Just got a PhD to MD II this morning! Two date options - Jan 26 or feb 1. That's not giving us much time to write the research proposal

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II for the PhD to MD program. Complete 10/29. I wasn't expecting it at all and am really honored and excited for the opportunity. The only date available was Jan. 26.

Reactions: 5 users
Did everyone who interviewed get the email asking us to check our amcas info etc?

Reactions: 3 users
umm when did you get this e-mail?

I didnt get such e-mail lol

...and that's why they send those emails, I suppose! Check your spam and filters maybe, log into the portal and make sure info is up to date?

No email, more than likely it is nothing, but that does not help to prevent the onset of paranoia anyways

No email here either. Not sure whether to take it as nothing or a negative sign.

Are you guys that got the email MSTP applicants? I got the email and I am MSTP and I know that those decisions were supposed to come out fairly soon.

No email, more than likely it is nothing, but that does not help to prevent the onset of paranoia anyways

No email here either. Not sure whether to take it as nothing or a negative sign.

When did you all interview? Did you happen to interview at a later date? Maybe they think that people who interviewed at a later time would have up to date info.

When did you all interview? Did you happen to interview at a later date? Maybe they think that people who interviewed at a later time would have up to date info.

I interviewed within the first few days of January

Interviewed in September, no email

Does it just ask you to update contact information or something?

Interviewed in September, no email

Does it just ask you to update contact information or something?

Yeah, it just said to add this email ([email protected]) to your contacts, make sure you can access the portal, and check your AMCAS contact info.

I doubt it means anything whether you received it yet or not!

Last edited:
Interviewed december, no email

EDIT: just got the email.

Last edited:
The email was completely impersonal and it had no congratulatory words in it. I've gotten emails from other schools that have been suggestive of 'interest' and this was nothing like them. I'm sorry for bringing this up to begin with because I highly highly doubt the email is at all meaningful. At least, I don't feel any reassurance for having gotten it, but that's probably easier for me to say... anyway, good luck everyone

The email was completely impersonal and it had no congratulatory words in it. I've gotten emails from other schools that have been suggestive of 'interest' and this was nothing like them. I'm sorry for bringing this up to begin with because I highly highly doubt the email is at all meaningful. At least, I don't feel any reassurance for having gotten it, but that's probably easier for me to say... anyway, good luck everyone

Which schools have sent you "interest emails"

Yo I got the email and I haven't attended my interview yet, so don't read anything into it haha

Reactions: 8 users
Yo I got the email and I haven't attended my interview yet, so don't read anything into it haha
Haha maybe they've already accepted you and your interview is just a formality

To ease everyone's worries, I just got the aforementioned email, it's definitely going out in waves and literally just says (paraphrasing) "Hey we're almost done with the app cycle, make sure you don't have the wrong email down cause we don't want you calling asking where your decision is only to find out it got sent to joan.smith@gmail instead of john.smith"

To ease everyone's worries, I just got the aforementioned email, it's definitely going out in waves and literally just says (paraphrasing) "Hey we're almost done with the app cycle, make sure you don't have the wrong email down cause we don't want you calling asking where your decision is only to find out it got sent to joan.smith@gmail instead of john.smith"

I concur.

Got that email too. It might be sent in alphabetical order as my last name starts with "Z". Anyway, we need to at least pretend to be calm and sane for the next two weeks, something good might be happening!

I got the email and I'm interviewing phd to md on February 1 - since I haven't even interviewed I doubt the means anything....

Got the email an hour ago an interviewed in October. That first sentence made my heart sink, what a friend zone sentence "Thank you for interviewing..."

Just got the email, I second this. Also, your username is amazing.

Conspiracy theory: since rejections and waitlists are released the day after acceptances, maybe those who received the email yesterday will be accepted and those who received the email today will be rejected or waitlisted

jk

Conspiracy theory: since rejections and waitlists are released the day after acceptances, maybe those who received the email yesterday will be accepted and those who received the email today will be rejected or waitlisted

jk

ihateu lol

jk

You just killed a large pack of hopefuls, including those who haven't attended their interviews.

Haha I'm totally kidding, that's obviously not the case since there are people who have yet to interview who received the email yesterday

I know, but at this point even telemarketing calls are nerve breaking.

Do you guys think it will be this week or around Valentine's Day as previous years?

I know, but at this point even telemarketing calls are nerve breaking.

I feel ya, we should have gotten burner phones and new email addresses for the application cycle to avoid all the false alarms from our regular phones and email accounts :laugh:

Just got the email, I second this. Also, your username is amazing.

Thank you thank you.

jk

Also as 28th President I am indicting you under Title 18 Code 2102 with Conspiracy to Incite a Riot lol

Don't know about y'all but I've completely convinced myself I'm in for the axe at every school I've interviewed at that releases decisions in the coming weeks!
Goodluck to everyone, my ability to focus on any of my work over the past few weeks has gradually declined to near zero and my checking sdn every 2-minutes has increased 10,000-fold.

Reactions: 5 users