2016-2017 Johns Hopkins University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure they'll be accommodating. I would call them and be super sincere and excited about the school. I don't see why you couldn't get a later date, especially since you'll be abroad.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

II!!! guys guys guys i am freaking out. this is by far my top choice! here i was worried sick about not hearing back about interviews from some other lower-ranked schools...and then THIS shows up in my inbox. i am over the moon!

same situation though, they offered me august 26 and i'm living abroad. however i know hopkins is huge into global health, and given that i'm working at a surgery center in rural honduras, i'm hoping they'll be accommodating in changing the date!

since i know everyone will ask this...
stats: 3.93 GPA, 519 mcat.
french/international studies major (non-trad)
secondary submitted july 1.
i also got an email on july 25 that stated i had a "confirmation of complete application."

congrats to everyone else getting invites! i hope i get to meet you this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who should submitted second week of July get the complete email yet? I haven't and my status just says that my secondary was submitted. Nothing about being complete.

(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who should submitted second week of July get the complete email yet? I haven't and my status just says that my secondary was submitted. Nothing about being complete.
I submitted 6/30 and I just got it today. Weird.

@MDhopeful324: pmed you.

@gunsandroes: I got a completion email on July 25th. I heard others got a "under review" email (?) Didn't get this though.

This has been a truly humbling process so far (filled with surprises). I was expecting very few interviews (fewer than 3) because of my stats.
Take it and run with it! I pray this is the first of many!!! Go crush it!

Reactions: 1 users
Same here. I submitted July 11th and haven't heard anything since

II! Miracles happen!

Edit: Thursday and Friday interviews. I got 8/25

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So weird. Logged on yesterday, not complete. Logged on today, says I was complete 5 days ago, even though I submitted like the first day in July, and I never got a complete email. Oh well, hoping for good news!

I made my last extracurricular
"Being an Overall Badass"
Position: Badass
Hours/week: 168
Start Date: (My birthday)
End Date: Unknown

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

Reactions: 9 users
AMCAS clearly states no lying is tolerated. Good luck in the Caribbean

So just checked the portal and mine has been updated to say it was completed yesterday. Took a month but that's reassuring. I didn't get any emails though.

I submitted my application early July, and only got the complete email 8/8. My portal says I was complete 8/4, so it must take a few days between being complete and getting the complete email.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Congratulations!!! Did your portal update at all or did you just get an email?
Portal didn't change at all. At first I thought it was a mean hacker's prank (I was super scared at that point:soexcited:--> :scared:-->:troll:), but it was from the same e-mail address as all the previous correspondence(back to :biglove:).

Portal didn't change at all. At first I thought it was a mean hacker's prank (I was super scared at that point:soexcited:--> :scared:-->:troll:), but it was from the same e-mail address as all the previous correspondence(back to :biglove:).
Haha yay, not a prank!! That would be so so cruel. Thanks for the response!! :)

For anyone who has gotten an interview here, did you have to email someone within 24 hours to confirm?

And after you did this, did you hear anything back from that person?

Did you just reply to the email you had gotten and how long did it take for a response? Thanks!

woww I submitted 7/14 and I don't even have a confirmation...

woww I submitted 7/14 and I don't even have a confirmation...

Got my confirmation today and I submitted earlier than 7/14. So I think there is just a lag to when you get the email. My status online changed before I got the email.

Got my confirmation today and I submitted earlier than 7/14. So I think there is just a lag to when you get the email. My status online changed before I got the email.
What do you guys mean? is it supposed to change from submitted to complete on the portal??

What do you guys mean? is it supposed to change from submitted to complete on the portal??

No, but under submitted you will see a new line that says application complete, a date next to it and a green check mark. The email confirmation should come afterwards but could take a few days.

If you look back a couple of posts on the previous page, you will see an example of what it means for your application to be complete.

No, but under submitted you will see a new line that says application complete, a date next to it and a green check mark. The email confirmation should come afterwards but could take a few days.

If you look back a couple of posts on the previous page, you will see an example of what it means for your application to be complete.
It's been over two weeks since my last LOR was submitted and a month since I submitted the secondary, but I still don't have the 'complete' designation on the portal. Should I contact the office for this? Thanks!

Is it okay to include activities and employment that we may have started after submitting the AMCAS primary application? For example, I just started a teaching job that I would love to include on the secondary but it is not included on my AMCAS application.

Did you just reply to the email you had gotten and how long did it take for a response? Thanks!

There was an email instruction in the email about who to contact to confirm. A few days before I heard a response.

It's been over two weeks since my last LOR was submitted and a month since I submitted the secondary, but I still don't have the 'complete' designation on the portal. Should I contact the office for this? Thanks!

I received the complete designation on the portal today and I submitted over a month ago as well (all my letters were in when I submitted). If you are concerned that they did not receive your last LOR, maybe it is worth giving them a call. I always err on the side of patience. I would give it a couple more weeks, but if you are very worried, then I would call.

Is it okay to include activities and employment that we may have started after submitting the AMCAS primary application? For example, I just started a teaching job that I would love to include on the secondary but it is not included on my AMCAS application.

I included my new full-time position on the secondary. I also discussed it in the question on the secondary that asks about what you have been doing since college graduation.

Hey all! Current M1 here. Major congrats on all of you receiving IIs! You all are rocking it. ;)
As for the rest of you, keep your chin up! They're still coming along.

Feel free to ask any questions, though do note that as of right now, I've only completed the first day of classes. I know absolutely nothing about the anatomy course or, oh god, the wards...

Reactions: 4 users
Does Johns Hopkins accept updates after secondary app has been submitted?

Does Johns Hopkins accept updates after secondary app has been submitted?
Unless policy has changed this year, you can only update your app post-secondary if you receive an interview invite.

How should I format an employment experience that was off and on since high school? I just put 06/2012-01/2016 (when I ended), 20 hours/week, but I'm afraid that will make them think that I worked there for that entire duration, when it was only seasonal.