2016-2017 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have had a truly awful experience with him.

Anyone have any idea when Nola will be sending out more IIs?

Stay thirsty my friends
rejectionletter.jpg
17012373_1383285298410738_883763370_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Haha that's exactly what I was planning on doing

Reactions: 1 user
^^^ no criminal record hahaha.

I don't let any of these people's BS affect how I feel about myself. I (thought) my interview with Kennedy went well. One of the other interviews went great too. The other one was a little ....rough. He was a psychiatrist and started over-generalizing about what my transcripts said about me as a person. I called him out on it. I told him that since we were laying everything out on the table, I felt like he was overgeneralizing (I with great difficulty refrained from drawing the connection between over-generalizing and psychiatry), that his conclusions failed to consider that people are dynamic, and that transcripts and stats were only a representation of a person and not the person themselves.

Overall, I enjoyed the interview process in Shreveport. Dr. Kennedy is, I believe, what old people call a "tart". I thought we bonded, but apparently not so much lol. The important thing I learned is that these people do this for a living and can most likely mask any sort of adverse feelings or reactions during the interview. Now that I think about it, I was overly chatty because I so excited. Moving forward, I will likely temper that a bit more, give slightly shorter answers, and allow the interviewer to ask more questions.

Haha oh my. I'm going to inbox you about my experience over there. It was truly something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I burned all mine, It was great!
LOLOLOLOL.... I am older than most of the other applicants, so these professors and other people don't own space in my head. They are just people and the initials after their name don't mean they are right or wrong. Once you see them as fallible and mortal, they are a lot less intimidating.

Just interviewed today thought it went well will see i guess in april

Reactions: 4 users
So apparently they meet on like the 23rd and let us know in the first week of april.....the wait is scary because now I know when its coming...

Will they only discuss the most recent interviews at this meeting?

Indeed. They will waitlist or reject all interviewees who
Have been interviewed since the last meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do they talk about the current NFAs?

I know that they review the entire list and begin accepting people from it after the double hold date in May. I'm not certain about the extent to which existing NFAs are reviewed until that point. If you're on the NFA list at this point, odds are that you will get a decision in early May. Some later.
That being said, I heard that next week is the last round of interviews which puts LSU Nola ahead of schedule compared to previous years.

I know that they review the entire list and begin accepting people from it after the double hold date in May. I'm not certain about the extent to which existing NFAs are reviewed until that point. If you're on the NFA list at this point, odds are that you will get a decision in early May. Some later.
That being said, I heard that next week is the last round of interviews which puts LSU Nola ahead of schedule compared to previous years.

I don't think that's right. I know someone who has an interview on April 3, so next week isn't the final interview date.

I don't think that's right. I know someone who has an interview on April 3, so next week isn't the final interview date.

I stand corrected in that case. Did your friend receive the interview early this month?

Wait so the people who interviewed in March and stuff their best shot is a waitlist right now? no chance of acceptance because they had to fill their spots by the 15th?

I'm definitely kind of confused on the march 15th deadline and people who interview after....are they just interviewing for waitlists

Last edited:

Unless they changed their plans since January, they're planning to interview through April.

Wait so the people who interviewed in March and stuff their best shot is a waitlist right now? no chance of acceptance because they had to fill their spots by the 15th?

I'm definitely kind of confused on the march 15th deadline and people who interview after....are they just interviewing for waitlists

Essentially, interviews after March 15 are for acceptances that have been turned down by someone else first. There's still a chance that you can get it, but it's not a super great chance because the class is already technically full.

Unless they changed their plans since January, they're planning to interview through April.

Essentially, interviews after March 15 are for acceptances that have been turned down by someone else first. There's still a chance that you can get it, but it's not a super great chance because the class is already technically full.
Damn thats crazy to hear...I wonder why they interviewed so late though....because people in february are having their meeting on the 27th...

Damn thats crazy to hear...I wonder why they interviewed so late though....because people in february are having their meeting on the 27th...

27th? I thought they were meeting late this week.

27th? I thought they were meeting late this week.
lol this is how the thread goes with LSU Nola. People always hear conflicting info. My buddy interviewed earlier in the month and he said they meet later this week as well. Regardless of whether they meet later this week or on the 27, all of us who have interviewed recently will be reviewed for list vs rejection very soon.

I was under the impression that all committee meetings were on Fridays.

Hmm, yes, indeed a lot of conflicting info. Let's see if I can add some more to the mix..

So, from my understanding, I interviewed Feb 22 btw, people who interviewed on 2/22 were to be discussed on 3/24. Now, I know people who interviewed earlier were told they'd be discussed on 3/21 and 3/23 and some that interviewed later were told 3/27. I think it's unlikely that the committee is meeting on so many days so close together but maybe they are. Even though I interviewed on 2/22, I was not in the running for the March 15 acceptance offering as per Dr. Eubanks, those had already been decided upon. Yes, technically the class is full by March 15 in the sense that all 200 spots have been given but Dr. Eubanks was very assuring that we all still had a good shot at receiving an acceptance because "to fill a class of 200 students, I usually have to offer 300 spots". So it is correct to assume that we'd only get an acceptance if someone else turned their acceptance down..but that doesn't seem too unlikely especially since the May 1 double hold date is yet to come.

Positive vibes for those of us waiting to be discussed in the next few weeks!

Reactions: 1 users
What is the likelihood of getting an acceptance without being NFA'd? Does that ever happen?

What is the likelihood of getting an acceptance without being NFA'd? Does that ever happen?

Happens all the time but earlier in the cycle.

Just got back from my interview. Eubanks said interviews will continue through April. A meeting will take place this week to discuss NFA vs rejection for applicants that have interviewed since the last meeting. He said some previous applicants might come up but that's all he gave us.

Happens all the time but earlier in the cycle.

Just got back from my interview. Eubanks said interviews will continue through April. A meeting will take place this week to discuss NFA vs rejection for applicants that have interviewed since the last meeting. He said some previous applicants might come up but that's all he gave us.
Did he say what the chances were now that the march 15 deadline has passed?

Did he say what the chances were now that the march 15 deadline has passed?

He has said something to this extent both times I've interviewed there: "We have offered two hundred seats already. But the class that actually attends LSU New Orleans in august is going to look a whole lot different than it does now."
He did say that anywhere from 5 to 50 something people have given up seats each year in the past so I'm assuming that meant we are fighting for a number somewhere in that range. I don't think that they can really offer a definitive probability of getting accepted at this point if they tried. It just depends on how many people give up seats and how many NFAs they decide to hand out or have already handed out. If you have a competitive app and had a great interview, you def still have a decent chance right now. You will know if you're rejected or NFAd next week and more than likely, you will know if you're accepted or not in May.

He has said something to this extent both times I've interviewed there: "We have offered two hundred seats already. But the class that actually attends LSU New Orleans in august is going to look a whole lot different than it does now."
He did say that anywhere from 5 to 50 something people have given up seats each year in the past so I'm assuming that meant we are fighting for a number somewhere in that range. I don't think that they can really offer a definitive probability of getting accepted at this point if they tried. It just depends on how many people give up seats and how many NFAs they decide to hand out or have already handed out. If you have a competitive app and had a great interview, you def still have a decent chance right now. You will know if you're rejected or NFAd next week and more than likely, you will know if you're accepted or not in May.
Eubanks is always in "flowers and daisies" mode... take everything extremely lightly

Last edited:
Eubanks is always in "flowers and daisy" mode... take everything extremely lightly

Lol that he is. Based on past experience, I don't think he misrepresented anything in this regard though.

So are the only 2 options really coming out this week are NFA or rejection? No chance of acceptance?

Per my friend who is a current M2, they received an e-mail yesterday asking for more tour guide volunteers as they are adding two more weeks of interviewing to the cycle.

Last edited:
Per my friend who is a current M2, they received an e-mail yesterday asking for more tour guide volunteers as they are adding two more weeks of interviewing to the cycle.

Maybe everyone decided to go elsewhere and we are all going to get accepted :)

Reactions: 3 users
Well the FB group did go down by 3 members so...!
#neurotic #dontjudgeme
Still not convinced that they're just gonna hand out NFA and rejections next week...there has to be acceptances given out right??!

Still not convinced that they're just gonna hand out NFA and rejections next week...there has to be acceptances given out right??!

Me neither. I very clearly remember Dr. Eubanks saying that 3 outcomes were possible from the 3/24 meeting. He did say getting an acceptance without being NFA'd is rare but it could happen. I know this is diff from what Afp said but this is what I was told. Maybe now that they are adding two weeks of interviews an acceptance outcome is a little more likely?

Me neither. I very clearly remember Dr. Eubanks saying that 3 outcomes were possible from the 3/24 meeting. He did say getting an acceptance without being NFA'd is rare but it could happen. I know this is diff from what Afp said but this is what I was told. Maybe now that they are adding two weeks of interviews an acceptance outcome is a little more likely?
I definitely feel that. Like they wouldn't be adding on two extra weeks if they were not looking for more people...

I heard him say that too, but I think he meant in general and was not referring to the current time line. He has said that early in the cycle too. Regardless, I hope you're right.

Last edited:
I definitely feel that. Like they wouldn't be adding on two extra weeks if they were not looking for more people...

Just talked to a buddy who is an M2. Mcluggage told him they are trying to increase their admissions stats. Bigger selection, more competitive selection.

Just talked to a buddy who is an M2. Mcluggage told him they are trying to increase their admissions stats. Bigger selection, more competitive selection.

Normally, something like this would make me very nervous but you gotta figure that everyone who is interviewing after mid-feb must be holding stats nearly around the same ballpark. I don't think they're going to find someone to interview at this point with super high stats because they would've already been invited for an interview. From my interview date, everyone seemed to be pretty much the same GPA/MCAT wise. But I guess even if they find one or two high stat applicants at this point, it could help them accomplish more competitive numbers for acceptance ranges.

Normally, something like this would make me very nervous but you gotta figure that everyone who is interviewing after mid-feb must be holding stats nearly around the same ballpark. I don't think they're going to find someone to interview at this point with super high stats because they would've already been invited for an interview. From my interview date, everyone seemed to be pretty much the same GPA/MCAT wise. But I guess even if they find one or two high stat applicants at this point, it could help them accomplish more competitive numbers for acceptance ranges.
What gpa/MCAT did everyone interviewing have?

*Bigger* selection, ...
?

I didnt see someone answer this plainly, so I'll go ahead, but forgive me if I'm repeating someone else. All spots are required to be offered by March 15th per AAMC. Students are allowed to hold multiple spots at different schools until May 1st. Interviews go until mid April. All of the people interviewed at the end of February (after the regular February meeting), through March, and into April either get NFA'ed or rejected. Before the May 1st date, a "rank list" is made of every one of the NFA'ed people, regardless of when they interviewed. After May 1st, when students who are going elsewhere give up their spots, the spots are then filled in numerical order of the "rank list". Anyone not offered from the "rank list" then becomes the "waiting list".

- There may be any number of spots opening up after May 1st (from 5 to 50 is what Eubanks said)
- They do not tell you your ranking on the list
- Some of the people on the rank list accept spots elsewhere and that spot is then offered to the next person on the rank list
- The waiting list is for when people accept spots, but are on the waiting list elsewhere and get in elsewhere after the May 1st deadline. Their spot is then offered to the next person.

The next meeting is March 24th. They will discuss all of the people that have interviewed since the last time the committee met. There will be another such meeting in April. In May, there will be the advocacy meeting where ALL NFA people will be discussed. So expect to either get rejected or NFA'ed, then if by mid May you havn't heard anything, then you're on the waitlist. Eubanks said that about 425 people interview and about 300 offers go out to fill the 200 spots.

....Stay thirsty my friends

I didnt see someone answer this plainly, so I'll go ahead, but forgive me if I'm repeating someone else. All spots are required to be offered by March 15th per AAMC. Students are allowed to hold multiple spots at different schools until May 1st. Interviews go until mid April. All of the people interviewed at the end of February (after the regular February meeting), through March, and into April either get NFA'ed or rejected. Before the May 1st date, a "rank list" is made of every one of the NFA'ed people, regardless of when they interviewed. After May 1st, when students who are going elsewhere give up their spots, the spots are then filled in numerical order of the "rank list". Anyone not offered from the "rank list" then becomes the "waiting list".

- There may be any number of spots opening up after May 1st (from 5 to 50 is what Eubanks said)
- They do not tell you your ranking on the list
- Some of the people on the rank list accept spots elsewhere and that spot is then offered to the next person on the rank list
- The waiting list is for when people accept spots, but are on the waiting list elsewhere and get in elsewhere after the May 1st deadline. Their spot is then offered to the next person.

The next meeting is March 24th. They will discuss all of the people that have interviewed since the last time the committee met. There will be another such meeting in April. In May, there will be the advocacy meeting where ALL NFA people will be discussed. So expect to either get rejected or NFA'ed, then if by mid May you havn't heard anything, then you're on the waitlist. Eubanks said that about 425 people interview and about 300 offers go out to fill the 200 spots.

....Stay thirsty my friends

What this guy said.^