2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, this should maybe be in a "what are my chances" but have a quick question for anyone in a similar situation. LAST CYCLE received an interview on 2/6/17, interviewed in mid March, and then WL. Reapplied mid cycle (secondaries and supplemental information) returned by mid October of this cycle. I'm kind of freaking out about not having received an interview yet this cycle. My application has gotten stronger (more hours of A credit) and more experience (I am out of undergrad and currently teaching/volunteering). MCAT still stands. Is this normal or should I be concerned? We are pretty late in the application cycle at this point.....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, this should maybe be in a "what are my chances" but have a quick question for anyone in a similar situation. LAST CYCLE received an interview on 2/6/17, interviewed in mid March, and then WL. Reapplied mid cycle (secondaries and supplemental information) returned by mid October of this cycle. I'm kind of freaking out about not having received an interview yet this cycle. My application has gotten stronger (more hours of A credit) and more experience (I am out of undergrad and currently teaching/volunteering). MCAT still stands. Is this normal or should I be concerned? We are pretty late in the application cycle at this point.....
I applied super late too and got an email from them on 11/29 saying my app was complete. I have a pretty solid app and also have not heard anything from them. Obviously not a good sign but I think it's pretty normal with how late we applied

I applied super late too and got an email from them on 11/29 saying my app was complete. I have a pretty solid app and also have not heard anything from them. Obviously not a good sign but I think it's pretty normal with how late we applied
So nothing against the actual application, only the fact that it was late? I’m just dying a little inside waiting for something to be emailed. And even if we get II the chances of making it this late are pretty small. EUUUBBANNKKKSSSS, why you gotta play us like this.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You only get a background check if you've been accepted to a school, so keep an eye out for that letter!
Background check initiates for waitlist too, but if neither LSU forms their WL til May (not my own info, saw it in an earlier post) then BC = golden!

Can you guys post when your letters come in please. I was told by the office today we all will get one and they’ve all been sent out but I’m in Nola and still haven’t gotten anything.

Can you guys post when your letters come in please. I was told by the office today we all will get one and they’ve all been sent out but I’m in Nola and still haven’t gotten anything.
just got mine. good ole continued NFA. oh joy.

I live in Kenner and again nothing in the mail today. Two of my other local friends same thing. Maybe the Nola postal system is just truly that bad.

Nothing for me either. I'm on the Northshore, so it really shouldn't be taking this long.

Nothing in the mail yet for me either :/ I live about 1 1/2 hours from NOLA and last time my letter came on the thursday. So, idk what’s going on but i’m getting antsy

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a facebook group yet?
Edit: Anyone have the link?

Last edited:
is there a facebook group yet?
Hi, yes there is a FB for the accepted students. There are 173 members including current students so I don't know if that helps you. Good Luck with everything!

For you guys still waiting to hear back. During my interview, Dr.Eubanks stated that many people are accepted later in the app cycle. Please do not give up hope! There is still plenty of time to hear back here! Good Luck to you all!:)

Reactions: 1 users
so just had my interview yesterday. All spots will be filled by March 15. Commitee meeting on March 23 and next advocacy meeting is April 25th (around there).

Even though Dr Eubanks made it seem like the bulk of accepting occurs around now, all spots will be filled by March 15 and he said that there is usually about 5-50 spots (varies per year) that people give up...I am a bit bummed because the campus was amazing, as well as the hospital!

But let’s all hold out hope.

so just had my interview yesterday. All spots will be filled by March 15. Commitee meeting on March 23 and next advocacy meeting is April 25th (around there).

Even though Dr Eubanks made it seem like the bulk of accepting occurs around now, all spots will be filled by March 15 and he said that there is usually about 5-50 spots (varies per year) that people give up...I am a bit bummed because the campus was amazing, as well as the hospital!

I wonder if that means there will be another wave of acceptances around the 15th. Seems like he would've said that all the spots were filled already if they filled the class out of the last advocacy meeting.

Last edited:
I wonder if that means there will be another wave of acceptances around the 15th. Seems like he would've said that all the spots were filled already if they filled the class out of the last advocacy meeting.

Yes, I think there will be if they have not filled the spots up already. Of course I don't know for sure, just speculation on my part.

Well hmmm. I have an interview on March 14th. Do y’all think I am only being considered for a waitlist spot then? Or is it possible I could get one of those spots for the 15th. Also I should note they didn’t force me to take this interview date - earlier ones were available. Maybe it’s less pressure if I know I’m not even being considered for admission :/

Anyone here interview in early October and get NFA'd twice? Wondering if I'm the only one. Thought the early invite would've been a good sign for February.

Anyone here interview in early October and get NFA'd twice? Wondering if I'm the only one. Thought the early invite would've been a good sign for February.

I interviewed in mid-December and got NFA'd twice. Not quite as early as you, but still somewhat early in the process, so I thought I was in a decent spot for the February advocacy meeting.

you're not alone. I interviewed late November- NFA'd in December and got my continued NFA last week. this process sucks

Well hmmm. I have an interview on March 14th. Do y’all think I am only being considered for a waitlist spot then? Or is it possible I could get one of those spots for the 15th. Also I should note they didn’t force me to take this interview date - earlier ones were available. Maybe it’s less pressure if I know I’m not even being considered for admission :/
I have no real clue because this process is just insane- but that would be my guess. All spots have to be offered by March 15th and it seems anyone else left - interviewing or under NFA - would be considered for a waitlist spot. Since the spots have to be given by the 15th, it doesn't seem like you'd be eligible for one of those- but who knows really

I interviewed this week. Per Dr. McClugage and one of my faculty interviewers they will continue to interview through April. They have a committee meeting the Friday after tomorrow and are still offering outright acceptances. All in all, I do not think the class is filled and though many applicants will be NFA at this point no one is saying there are not any open spots. Best of luck to everyone interviewing and anyone who is NFA! The waiting game continues...

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed this week. Per Dr. McClugage and one of my faculty interviewers they will continue to interview through April. They have a committee meeting the Friday after tomorrow and are still offering outright acceptances. All in all, I do not think the class is filled and though many applicants will be NFA at this point no one is saying there are not any open spots. Best of luck to everyone interviewing and anyone who is NFA! The waiting game continues...
thanks for the update! hope your interview went well!

I think technically they need to have offered acceptances for every seat in the incoming class as of today. Now whether or not students are planning on holding those spots is one question (place a payment to hold spot that now cannot be offered to someone else), and whether they wind up deciding to matriculate is an entirely separate one.

@btuck NFA means No Final Action, it is the equivalent of a waitlist, but means you are still in the running

I love this school but what a racket.

Hi everyone, if you were accepted and offered a scholarship would you mind PM'ing me? I have a few questions.

Anyone know how we can get a list of the Match Day results here? It would be nice to know. I saw a few on social media which were pretty top notch places. It's exciting to know that in four years that will be us!:claps:

What is Dr. Eubanks' role at LSU - director of admissions? In writing a letter of interest, should I address it directly to him?

Just got an II. Kinda excited but also know I'm basically interviewing for the waitlist. What are the odds of me actually getting in at this point?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II. Kinda excited but also know I'm basically interviewing for the waitlist. What are the odds of me actually getting in at this point?

At this point / by the time you interview some people may be dropping their acceptances so there may be new openings (which are not automatically given out because the committee has to meet again and discuss waitlisted applicants). Just think that you could be the freshest applicant seen by the admissions committee when they meet after your interview. :) Just stay positive and shine at your interview.
Sorry I don’t have an exact percentage!

Same boat.. good luck!

Hey guys! I'm not sure if most people still follow this thread. I wanted to ask if it was actually worth it to apply ED? It seemed as though they got to the RD interviews and apps just as quickly.

*edit: planning to apply this summer.

I did not apply ED but heavily considered it. It was advise like the following that swayed me away: Blog

Glad I didn’t, even though I’ll be attending here anyway. Didn’t feel disadvantaged at all. Personal experience: Primary submitted in late June, secondary in July, interviewed September, and accepted October.

You might save some money on apps if you get in early but you scuff your chances elsewhere if you don’t, and end up paying for the other apps all the same. Guess if your résumé is absolutely stellar and this is your #1, might be nice to save some $$$

Nice article! Congrats. Mind if I PM you about some of this stuff?

Just found out from several adcom members that they only expect to accept about 4-5 more people off the waitlist for this application cycle. Good luck to all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just found out from several adcom members that they only expect to accept about 4-5 more people off the waitlist for this application cycle. Good luck to all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

How'd you come to find this out? The waitlist hasn't been formed yet.

Anyone know when the last committee meeting was?

Since the last committee meeting was March 23, everyone who hasn't heard back since their interview should be hearing back soon with either a rejection or NFA? Is this correct?

Since the last committee meeting was March 23, everyone who hasn't heard back since their interview should be hearing back soon with either a rejection or NFA? Is this correct?

Yeah apparently letters will be sent out tomorrow, and we should receive them sometime this week. I am unlucky because I will be out of town (on vacation actually) and I will be thinking about it the whole time! Really hoping it comes in today or tomorrow!

Do we think we have a shot at an acceptance from this round? Even if it's slim?

Do we think we have a shot at an acceptance from this round? Even if it's slim?
I honestly don't think so. Eubanks pretty much told our interview group that we will get rejections or NFAs. The class is full as of March 15th. (or thats what he told my interview group)

Wait since the last committee meeting was March 23, how many applicants are they reviewing? People who just interviewed? I interviewed two weeks ago.

Wait since the last committee meeting was March 23, how many applicants are they reviewing? People who just interviewed? I interviewed two weeks ago.

They review everyone who interviewed after the committee meeting in February and before this committee meeting, and then they're supposed to review applicants who are currently NFA'd