2016-2017 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know the second look is April 7th, but how did everyone find out about it? I was just accepted this week. Will they be sending me an email with the information?

Members don't see this ad.

I know the second look is April 7th, but how did everyone find out about it? I was just accepted this week. Will they be sending me an email with the information?
They sent an email. I'm sure that since you were just accepted your email will be coming. They recently sent out an RSVP email so I'm sure if you contacted the admissions office they could send it sooner rather than later! Congrats on the acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
cool school, very. the fact that i dont have to drive to get to a clinical site is a big bonus. hoping for a call

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the deposit is due? How much? Can I just go for free?

For those that are going to second look day, what day are you flying in/out? other schools had informal student event the night before or after the actual second look day, so I am wondering if that's the case for Loyola as well

Any acceptances recently? Anxiously waiting!!!

I think the committee only meets every two weeks or so, so I think next Tuesday/Wednesday will be the next batch (I'm anxiously waiting too!)

For those that are going to second look day, what day are you flying in/out? other schools had informal student event the night before or after the actual second look day, so I am wondering if that's the case for Loyola as well

+1. I'm probably gonna drive up the night before and crash with a friend in the city, but I'm hoping there's some stuff going on.

Speaking of which, anybody know if they're offering student housing? And how many of y'all are bringing your "support network" or whatever they called it?

+1. I'm probably gonna drive up the night before and crash with a friend in the city, but I'm hoping there's some stuff going on.

Speaking of which, anybody know if they're offering student housing? And how many of y'all are bringing your "support network" or whatever they called it?
I'm comin with a friend =)

Did anyone hear from stritch asking for an update letter?
I sent mine in but not sure when I will hear about a final final decision....

Members don't see this ad :)
They asked you to update them?

FWIW At the interview they talked a lot about how important updates and letters of intent are! I guess they re-review apps and it's nice if there is something new there. The dean of admissions even told us we could send updates to his email (take that with a grain of salt because I might have understood wrong and don't want anyone to start personally emailing him and get themselves into trouble lol)

They asked you to update them?

yeh so instead of refusing me, they said they will still continue to consider me for this cycle but highly recommends that i give them an update letter. wondering if that happened to anyone else...

yes, email Dean Nabers directly. it worked for me

Reactions: 1 users
FWIW At the interview they talked a lot about how important updates and letters of intent are! I guess they re-review apps and it's nice if there is something new there. The dean of admissions even told us we could send updates to his email (take that with a grain of salt because I might have understood wrong and don't want anyone to start personally emailing him and get themselves into trouble lol)

I can vouch for this! If you have interviewed already and are on the un-official waitlist, update them if you can! I can't stress that enough! As the application cycle closes and students start making final decisions, more spots in the class will open up and Loyola will pull from the "waitlist". If past trends are any indication, people who send updates are more successful in getting in off the waitlist. Goodluck!

I can vouch for this! If you have interviewed already and are on the un-official waitlist, update them if you can! I can't stress that enough! As the application cycle closes and students start making final decisions, more spots in the class will open up and Loyola will pull from the "waitlist". If past trends are any indication, people who send updates are more successful in getting in off the waitlist. Goodluck!

any idea about how long it takes to hear back after sending an update letter? can we call admissions to find out what's our rank on the waitlist?

any idea about how long it takes to hear back after sending an update letter? can we call admissions to find out what's our rank on the waitlist?

When you say hear back, do you mean confirmation that they have received your update? I don't remember getting any sort of confirmation that they received any of my updates. If you uploaded it to the portal or emailed it to a dean, I think it would be safe to say it has been received and added to your file for review. I don't think there is an official ranked waitlist, so I'm not sure if calling them would give you any additional information at this time. You could try though!

I believe the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow, so calls should be coming out on Tuesday. :nailbiting:

Does anyone know how many interview dates there were in February? I know there was one on 2/23 and 2/28. But what about before then?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

anyone know how the financial aid process works at loyola? I submitted my FAFSA a while back, but I didn't realize there was also a packet of other forms to be submitted that were due March 1. Just submitted those; will this affect my aid package?

Can anyone who received any aid or scholarship weigh in? Did you have to submit that packet of green forms?

anyone know how the financial aid process works at loyola? I submitted my FAFSA a while back, but I didn't realize there was also a packet of other forms to be submitted that were due March 1. Just submitted those; will this affect my aid package?

Can anyone who received any aid or scholarship weigh in? Did you have to submit that packet of green forms?

Which forms? I only submitted FAFSA

I believe i sent in the green form that i received from interview day. I also recieved an email that my FAFSA was all good to go from Loyola..

Reactions: 1 users
I believe i sent in the green form that i received from interview day. I also recieved an email that my FAFSA was all good to go from Loyola..

I am waitlisted on Loyola. So I never submitted that green folder with forms...should i submit it ?

Also, I read that second look day is coming up in April...I am waitlisted so does that mean I am not invited to the 2nd look day? lol

I am waitlisted on Loyola. So I never submitted that green folder with forms...should i submit it ?
I think I would just to be on the safe side and so theyll have your records on file if and when they decide to accept you

Also, I read that second look day is coming up in April...I am waitlisted so does that mean I am not invited to the 2nd look day? lol
there is an rsvp email, if you have received it i would think you are invited. if not, id think otherwise. that being said, i think second looks are for accepted students.. someone correct me if im wrong

there is an rsvp email, if you have received it i would think you are invited. if not, id think otherwise. that being said, i think second looks are for accepted students.. someone correct me if im wrong

so IF i get accepted after the 2nd look day...that means I don't get to take a 2nd look at stritch....WOW. K thanks Loyola...

so IF i get accepted after the 2nd look day...that means I don't get to take a 2nd look at stritch....WOW. K thanks Loyola...

Wait did waitlist already come out? Or do you mean you are still on continued consideration?

Loyola's second look is for accepted students only. Only a small number of schools open second look to students on their waitlist.

Last edited:
WHOOPS only filled out the FAFSA with my parental info - never realized I was supposed to do the other things :):):) Lost the package in all honesty

Which forms? I only submitted FAFSA
I actually totally forgot to send in that green form. I did everything online through FAFSA and received an email from Loyola on Feb 28 stating that my FAFSA was received. It states that my next step is to wait for an email once my financial aid is finalized and the award amount is determined. Maybe the green form is not absolutely necessary? I'm not positive.

I actually totally forgot to send in that green form. I did everything online through FAFSA and received an email from Loyola on Feb 28 stating that my FAFSA was received. It states that my next step is to wait for an email once my financial aid is finalized and the award amount is determined. Maybe the green form is not absolutely necessary? I'm not positive.
If I remember correctly, I believe the green form+your and/or parents tax info is for consideration for Loyola-specific scholarships/grants, etc.

If I remember correctly, I believe the green form+your and/or parents tax info is for consideration for Loyola-specific scholarships/grants, etc.
Oy, thanks for the heads up! Maybe they'll accept it late. Prolly not :p

Anyone know when they'll start accepting again? Also has anyone come off the continued consideration list? I've been on it since September

Just got the call!!!!- Interviewed Feb. 21 and LizzyM Score is 70.60

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
So I got the waitlist status and am thinking of sending a letter of intent. Should I mention the fact that SLU is my only other acceptance and that they have been placed on probation?? Any tips would be great! Thanks!