-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey, how did you respond to that text lol? You think just a well-written "thank you" is all that's necessary?
Yup, that's pretty much what I did!
Really hoping to be accepted outright, I want this wait to be over. Does it seem like the trend so far is that most at this point are deferred?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To my knowledge the last interview date is either the 28 or 29th and they can send out invites the week before. However, I'm not sure if those dates are full yet.In the process of making final decisions, but still have not heard from OSUCOM. Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews for there final interview days?
To my knowledge the last interview date is either the 28 or 29th and they can send out invites the week before. However, I'm not sure if those dates are full yet.
Thanks for the update!
In the process of making final decisions, but still have not heard from OSUCOM. Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews for there final interview days?
+1
7
702599
Just withdrew my spot. Loved OSU but too far from home for me. Good luck all! Go buckeyes!!!
I called on Tuesday their last interview date is next Wednesday, the 29th. It sounded to me like that day filled and a call for interview could only come if someone cancelled.In the process of making final decisions, but still have not heard from OSUCOM. Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews for there final interview days?
For those who were accepted, did you receive an email on your buckeye account about registration for classes?
D
drnala15
How do you get into your email account? For some reason, mine says my username doesn't exist, but I'm just using the one that they gave me...Yes, I did. No clue what to do about it so I've just let it sit lol.
OSU will have its last interview day tomorrow. Post interview, I believe they said they were open to it. Unfortunately, pre-II it would be pointless.Does OSU accept letters of interest? If so, has anyone gotten any positive results from one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just go anyway, and if somebody doesn't show, assume their identity.I'm about to call them and say "Yo if anyone cancels tonight, I'll be there in the AM"....
Or maybe I'll just show up and act like I received an II
Good luck to everyone interviewing today! It's the last interview day of the cycle.
Wondering what type of iPads are given out to first years? Was hoping that they were iPad pros so it would be compatiable to the ipencil....
What's the cheapest, most basic iPad? Because that's the one I expect to get. Maybe even a used, refurbished, irregular iPad that still has Flappy Bird installed from the previous owner. The only way I could be disappointed is if it turns out to be rose gold.
For those that interviewed this week, what day did they say you will find out?
did anyone not hear anything at all? i haven't received a rejection nor II...guess its coming soonish?
+1did anyone not hear anything at all? i haven't received a rejection nor II...guess its coming soonish?
Responding because no one else has yet. But I did last week and they gave us April 6. Safe to Assume last week and this week will find out together?? Regardless april 6 should be the next notification date.For those that interviewed this week, what day did they say you will find out?
+2did anyone not hear anything at all? i haven't received a rejection nor II...guess its coming soonish?
Anyone else wistfully hoping the calls come tonight/tomorrow since every other decision has been on a Tuesday?
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if OSU rejects post-interview? Or do they only accept/defer?
Someone said a while back that OSU does reject post interview but it's rare
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you were accepted past the Priority Deadline (Feb 1st) for financial aid, but you submitted your FAFSA as soon as you were accepted, would there be any problems receiving financial aid?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there silent rejections? For those who haven't heard any news since July
If you were accepted past the Priority Deadline (Feb 1st) for financial aid, but you submitted your FAFSA as soon as you were accepted, would there be any problems receiving financial aid?
I thought the priority deadline for additional aid and what not was Friday Feb 24th? There was that additional financial aid questionnaire and personal statement. If we look at it another way, people who were accepted prior to that date, gave fafsa and additional questionnaire, and then declined their enrollment, what would happen to their aid? So I think it's definitely done as the cycle goes along, but that it's finalized after that last round of acceptances goes out before May 1st. Just speculation!
Can those who are accepted share when/how they found out? My decision date is tomorrow and I am wondering when I should put my phone down and go to sleep tonight lol
Anyone heard anything tonight?
No 🙁Anyone heard anything tonight?
People have gotten calls at 10pm and midnight in the past -- there is still hope!
Holy sh1t! I can confirm they are sending out congratulations! Just got a text from Dr. Capers confirming it!
I was skeptical at first so I asked if this was Dr. Capers and he send me selfie to confirm it lol. Also, because autocorrect changed my name and it came through completely butchered.
I was skeptical at first so I asked if this was Dr. Capers and he send me selfie to confirm it lol. Also, because autocorrect changed my name and it came through completely butchered.
Cotterpin, I can tell you're so excited!What's the cheapest, most basic iPad? Because that's the one I expect to get. Maybe even a used, refurbished, irregular iPad that still has Flappy Bird installed from the previous owner. The only way I could be disappointed is if it turns out to be rose gold.
I go to in at 10:30pm tonight!! Go Bucks!!
So I interviewed on 3/29 and was deferred this morning. Is it safe to assume since my interview date was the last, that I am essentially being considered for a spot on the waitlist? Or is there a possibility that they are reviewing all deferred applicants for any remaining seats in the class?
So I interviewed on 3/29 and was deferred this morning. Is it safe to assume since my interview date was the last, that I am essentially being considered for a spot on the waitlist? Or is there a possibility that they are reviewing all deferred applicants for any remaining seats in the class?
I believe so. I hope u get in once the waitlist movement begins...will drop my spot if I get into my instate in California.
Thank god OSU emailed me, i wouldve never realized i was rejected without it
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected!!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From people who didn't receive an IIAre the recent rejections from people who interviewed recently or from deferred people?
I got an email about a status change and also cannot log onto my portal. Assuming it is a rejection as well. Bit annoying I can't get to it though.Finally got an email to check my portal (heard nothing from here since I submitted my secondary in July). For some reason, I now can't log into my portal -- just going to assume it is a rejection! 😛
I got an email about a status change and also cannot log onto my portal. Assuming it is a rejection as well. Bit annoying I can't get to it though.
Yeah, I just got the same thing unfortunately and it's a rejection. I'm disappointed of course, but it's nice of OSU to let us know that we have an opportunity to talk with them about how to strengthen our applications for future cycles.
Hey guys, M2 at OSU here. If you guys have any questions feel free to hit me up. I love it here, so if you have any questions about the school, curriculum, even being a med student in general feel free to ask me here or pm me. I know this is an exciting and stressful time, and having someone a few years ahead to talk to is something I wish I had when I was applying.