2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted last night after being deferred just 2 weeks ago. Going to give up my spot since I already know where I'm going to go. Keep up the hope everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Really hoping to be accepted outright, I want this wait to be over. Does it seem like the trend so far is that most at this point are deferred?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted today, received txt mon nigh from dr. Capers. Will accept after 10 waitlists...will withdraw if I get off waitlist from cali school in may. But feeling relieved!

Reactions: 1 users
In the process of making final decisions, but still have not heard from OSUCOM. Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews for there final interview days?

In the process of making final decisions, but still have not heard from OSUCOM. Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews for there final interview days?
To my knowledge the last interview date is either the 28 or 29th and they can send out invites the week before. However, I'm not sure if those dates are full yet.

To my knowledge the last interview date is either the 28 or 29th and they can send out invites the week before. However, I'm not sure if those dates are full yet.

Thanks for the update!

+1

Just withdrew my spot. Loved OSU but too far from home for me. Good luck all! Go buckeyes!!!

I called on Tuesday their last interview date is next Wednesday, the 29th. It sounded to me like that day filled and a call for interview could only come if someone cancelled.

For those who were accepted, did you receive an email on your buckeye account about registration for classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does OSU accept letters of interest? If so, has anyone gotten any positive results from one?

Does OSU accept letters of interest? If so, has anyone gotten any positive results from one?
OSU will have its last interview day tomorrow. Post interview, I believe they said they were open to it. Unfortunately, pre-II it would be pointless.

I'm about to call them and say "Yo if anyone cancels tonight, I'll be there in the AM"....

Or maybe I'll just show up and act like I received an II

Reactions: 6 users
I'm about to call them and say "Yo if anyone cancels tonight, I'll be there in the AM"....

Or maybe I'll just show up and act like I received an II
Just go anyway, and if somebody doesn't show, assume their identity.

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! It's the last interview day of the cycle.

Wondering what type of iPads are given out to first years? Was hoping that they were iPad pros so it would be compatiable to the ipencil....

Wondering what type of iPads are given out to first years? Was hoping that they were iPad pros so it would be compatiable to the ipencil....

What's the cheapest, most basic iPad? Because that's the one I expect to get. Maybe even a used, refurbished, irregular iPad that still has Flappy Bird installed from the previous owner. The only way I could be disappointed is if it turns out to be rose gold.

Reactions: 2 users
For those that interviewed this week, what day did they say you will find out?

did anyone not hear anything at all? i haven't received a rejection nor II...guess its coming soonish?

For those that interviewed this week, what day did they say you will find out?
Responding because no one else has yet. But I did last week and they gave us April 6. Safe to Assume last week and this week will find out together?? Regardless april 6 should be the next notification date.

The axe is coming soon guys. good luck to everyone still waiting for decisions and congrats to all those accepted at tOSU! It is a fantastic school and Columbus is an awesome city!

Anyone else wistfully hoping the calls come tonight/tomorrow since every other decision has been on a Tuesday?

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if OSU rejects post-interview? Or do they only accept/defer?

Someone said a while back that OSU does reject post interview but it's rare

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you were accepted past the Priority Deadline (Feb 1st) for financial aid, but you submitted your FAFSA as soon as you were accepted, would there be any problems receiving financial aid?

Are there silent rejections? For those who haven't heard any news since July

If you were accepted past the Priority Deadline (Feb 1st) for financial aid, but you submitted your FAFSA as soon as you were accepted, would there be any problems receiving financial aid?

I thought the priority deadline for additional aid and what not was Friday Feb 24th? There was that additional financial aid questionnaire and personal statement. If we look at it another way, people who were accepted prior to that date, gave fafsa and additional questionnaire, and then declined their enrollment, what would happen to their aid? So I think it's definitely done as the cycle goes along, but that it's finalized after that last round of acceptances goes out before May 1st. Just speculation!

Can those who are accepted share when/how they found out? My decision date is tomorrow and I am wondering when I should put my phone down and go to sleep tonight lol

Nopeeee
Most likely deferred tbh.

Edit: sike

Last edited:
People have gotten calls at 10pm and midnight in the past -- there is still hope!

Holy sh1t! I can confirm they are sending out congratulations! Just got a text from Dr. Capers confirming it!

I was skeptical at first so I asked if this was Dr. Capers and he send me selfie to confirm it lol. Also, because autocorrect changed my name and it came through completely butchered.

Reactions: 8 users
What's the cheapest, most basic iPad? Because that's the one I expect to get. Maybe even a used, refurbished, irregular iPad that still has Flappy Bird installed from the previous owner. The only way I could be disappointed is if it turns out to be rose gold.
Cotterpin, I can tell you're so excited!

I go to in at 10:30pm tonight!! Go Bucks!!

So I interviewed on 3/29 and was deferred this morning. Is it safe to assume since my interview date was the last, that I am essentially being considered for a spot on the waitlist? Or is there a possibility that they are reviewing all deferred applicants for any remaining seats in the class?

So I interviewed on 3/29 and was deferred this morning. Is it safe to assume since my interview date was the last, that I am essentially being considered for a spot on the waitlist? Or is there a possibility that they are reviewing all deferred applicants for any remaining seats in the class?

I believe so. I hope u get in once the waitlist movement begins...will drop my spot if I get into my instate in California.

Finally got an email to check my portal (heard nothing from here since I submitted my secondary in July). For some reason, I now can't log into my portal -- just going to assume it is a rejection! :p

Thank god OSU emailed me, i wouldve never realized i was rejected without it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are the recent rejections from people who interviewed recently or from deferred people?

Finally got an email to check my portal (heard nothing from here since I submitted my secondary in July). For some reason, I now can't log into my portal -- just going to assume it is a rejection! :p
I got an email about a status change and also cannot log onto my portal. Assuming it is a rejection as well. Bit annoying I can't get to it though.

I got an email about a status change and also cannot log onto my portal. Assuming it is a rejection as well. Bit annoying I can't get to it though.

Yeah, I just got the same thing unfortunately and it's a rejection. I'm disappointed of course, but it's nice of OSU to let us know that we have an opportunity to talk with them about how to strengthen our applications for future cycles.

Hey guys, M2 at OSU here. If you guys have any questions feel free to hit me up. I love it here, so if you have any questions about the school, curriculum, even being a med student in general feel free to ask me here or pm me. I know this is an exciting and stressful time, and having someone a few years ahead to talk to is something I wish I had when I was applying.