You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone get a call?
Acceptance call? Because I got a missed call from a 614 number today and freaked out because it might be OSU but then remember I haven't even interviews yet
Last edited:
It's such a jarring experience dreaming about getting an acceptance to a school. It's so emotionally charged that when you wake up, there's a void and a nagging feeling that the dream might've been true. God damn brain with its crazy tricks and tomfoolery.Acceptance call? Because I go to missed call from 614 and freaked out because it might be OSU but then remember I haven't even interviews yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Arent acceptances on Tuesdays?
Deferred :/
Sigh, this process is brutal
Sigh, this process is brutal
Last edited:
Deferred this morning. I will get over it. Best of luck to those who are still interviewing and congratulations to all accepted!
Was also deferred. Sucks but it's not a waitlist or rejection so at least you weren't written off yet!
Deferred :/
Sigh, this process is brutal
Deferred as well. This one stings.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was recently accepted and wondering if any current OSU students can comment on living at home? My parents live about 20-25ish minutes from campus and I was wondering if this was a good option or if I should look for on-campus housing? Thank you!
I know of people that have been straight up rejected post-interviewDo they reject post-interview? I know the official word is that they do, but there have only been acceptances and deferrals on here.
I wonder how many students are deferred vs straight up rejected.I know of people that have been straight up rejected post-interview
To be honest I only know of two people and one of them told his interviewer that he was "looking at better schools and would probably go there"I wonder how many students are deferred vs straight up rejected.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow... did the interviewer ask him about what other schools he was applying to? I can't believe that someone would just straight up say that without any prompting. I got asked this question in a very strange way at another school. "If you could go to any medical school except insert name of school here which would it be?" I answered honestly, and it probably cost me 😛.To be honest I only know of two people and one of them told his interviewer that he was "looking at better schools and would probably go there"
He said he was asked why he wanted to go here and he responded "I don't really, this is more of a backup" but yeah this is the only person I've heard of responding like this lolWow... did the interviewer ask him about what other schools he was applying to? I can't believe that someone would just straight up say that without any prompting. I got asked this question in a very strange way at another school. "If you could go to any medical school except insert name of school here which would it be?" I answered honestly, and it probably cost me 😛.
Jeez, I get that he may have felt that way. But to say it out loud in an interview ha ha. Well I am sure he got in somewhere else anyway.He said he was asked why he wanted to go here and he responded "I don't really, this is more of a backup" but yeah this is the only person I've heard of responding like this lol
Yeah this kid interviewed at a bunch of top 20 schools so here's to hoping he didn't say the same there lolMy jaw literally dropped reading this. 😵
Has anyone received an interview invitation this week or is OSU done sending them out?
OMG this person literally disrespected all of us that are DYING for an interview at OSU. He had some gall for sureMy jaw literally dropped reading this. 😵
Does anyone know the best way to find roommates at OSU? I'm OOS and don't want to live alone!
Sorry, I have a lot of questions, but are we meant to just get a hotel if we're going to the second look weekend?
Does anyone know the best way to find roommates at OSU? I'm OOS and don't want to live alone!
On the FB for accepted students there's a spreadsheet with people looking for roomies
+1 I just said I was coming to both days. I don't need hosting but otherwise idk what I would've done. Maybe call
Withdrew post-acceptance today. Good luck to all those waiting on decisions!
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Has anyone received an interview invitation this week or is OSU done sending them out?
Rcvd a II this past Monday for Mar 27th, called to reschedule and their last date is Mar 29th (with open spots) for anyone wondering
Rcvd a II this past Monday for Mar 27th, called to reschedule and their last date is Mar 29th (with open spots) for anyone wondering
was the interview offered via email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When were you complete? And IS or OOS?Rcvd a II this past Monday for Mar 27th, called to reschedule and their last date is Mar 29th (with open spots) for anyone wondering
was the interview offered via email?
yep email
Congrats! When were you complete? And IS or OOS?
submitted the secondary pretty late, late oct/early nov i believe
OOS, LizzyM ~72
Yeah, but it just seems kind of awkward right now and only about 20 people have filled out the excel sheet.On the FB for accepted students there's a spreadsheet with people looking for roomies
Really disappointed with OSU. IS applicant, complete 7/27 and have had absolute silence since then.
Ditto (except out of state and completed 7/7)!!!Really disappointed with OSU. IS applicant, complete 7/27 and have had absolute silence since then.
D
drnala15
How many people typically attend Second Look? Does everyone go? I really want to go, but the end of my semester is kinda crazy.
I got an interview invite on Tuesday. My interview is on next Wednesday. I am OOS but currently live in Ohio.
I was complete in September and just got an invite this week. Maybe there is still hopeDitto (except out of state and completed 7/7)!!!
A fair number of people will go, but it's pretty variable from year to year. It could be anywhere from 50-100 people. But not every single person who is accepted goes. It's nice to attend and feel out the class more/meet possible roommates/enjoy being wined and dined, but it's far from mandatory.How many people typically attend Second Look? Does everyone go? I really want to go, but the end of my semester is kinda crazy.
Does anyone know for sure what dates Orientation are? I'm trying to plan out when to leave work, move, etc and don't see any solid dates on the website yet.
I'm trying to figure this out too. Last year orientation started on August 1st, so I'm guessing it's going to be more or less the same again this year. We don't need to be all settled in Columbus any earlier than orientation, do we? That's the first event we need to be present for, yes?
D
deleted838817
Any acceptance calls given out this evening?
I just got an acceptance text from Dr. Capers!! Best of luck to everyone else hearing back today/tomorrow 🙂
When did you interview?
A couple of weeks ago!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted781806
Has anyone heard back after being deferred? Or is that not really until May?
I haven't heard anything yet, although they said they would review deferred applicants every two weeks. I think there have been a couple posts about people moving off the deferred list, but I'm not sure. After sitting on the list for so long, I'm not too hopeful but you never know I guess.
I haven't heard anything yet, although they said they would review deferred applicants every two weeks. I think there have been a couple posts about people moving off the deferred list, but I'm not sure. After sitting on the list for so long, I'm not too hopeful but you never know I guess.
Yeah not feeling to great about my chances either.
Yeah not feeling to great about my chances either.
They did mention that ~30-40 people usually get acceptances after the April 30th deadline so there's still hope!
Hey, how did you respond to that text lol? You think just a well-written "thank you" is all that's necessary?I just got an acceptance text from Dr. Capers!! Best of luck to everyone else hearing back today/tomorrow 🙂