You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anybody know when financial aid/scholarship info will be released? Thanks in advance!
Anybody know when financial aid/scholarship info will be released? Thanks in advance!
When I submitted my fafsa in December, I got a confirmation email from OSU in early January that said "We expect financial aid awards to be available at the end of May." They're supposed to email you to let you know when it happens. But that's for the financial aid; the scholarships are different. I was under the impression that the scholarships are given out on a rolling basis. Has anyone on this thread gotten a scholarship yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anybody else who is still deferred get an email about the waitlist today?
Yup
When I submitted my fafsa in December, I got a confirmation email from OSU in early January that said "We expect financial aid awards to be available at the end of May." They're supposed to email you to let you know when it happens. But that's for the financial aid; the scholarships are different. I was under the impression that the scholarships are given out on a rolling basis. Has anyone on this thread gotten a scholarship yet?
When I was accepted a few cycles back, I got my scholarship offer around this time. I believe it was right around second look. The process is ongoing.
I heard during Second Look that almost all the scholarships have been handed out at this point. Not too optimistic.
Did osu say that about merit aid at second look or did admitted students say it? I must have missed it. All I remember something about the need-based financial aid being released around today or after.
Last edited:
One of the admitted told me that. But apparently he had talked to one of the faculty so I'm inclined to trust him. He said scholarships though so maybe there are other types of merit aid?Did osu say that about merit aid at second look or did admitted students say it? I must have missed it. All I remember something about the need-based financial aid being released around today or after.
Also, if anyone is still looking for housing, let me know. I'm currently looking for a place close to south campus where the medical center is and I'd prefer to room with a few other people!
So I got an email to my OSU email late last night about financial aid, and when i go to the buckeyelink website all I see are loan allowances. So I'm assuming I didn't get any scholarships. The loan allowance is less than the COA (including living expenses), is this common? Mine is like $40k.
The stafford unsubsidized loan limit is around $40k/year. Probably what you're seeing. You will be able to borrow up to the COA with Grad PLUS loans which have a slightly higher interest rate and origination fees. I have both types of loans outstanding. Don't worry you will be able to borrow enough from the federal government!
thank you so much for your response and for the info!
Aid Eligibility = Cost of Attendance - Estimated Family Contribution
The Graduate Plus Loan, for me, didnt require a co-signer -- I make about minimum wage
I just have a general overall question... Does Organic count as part of our BCPM? It's not on the list of courses that are listed for BCPM calculations. Biochem is (which obviously you have to take Organic for beforehand). Did they update the list of courses for this?
Do we have to independently enroll in classes via the buckeyelink portal? If so, how do we successfully do that?
Also, do we have to turn in our vaccination forms before May 1st or before we start class?
Lastly, is there anything to worry about if we haven't received a financial aid award/statement yet?
Also, do we have to turn in our vaccination forms before May 1st or before we start class?
Lastly, is there anything to worry about if we haven't received a financial aid award/statement yet?
Merit based are still under consideration.Anybody know when financial aid/scholarship info will be released? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pretty sure that's okay. accepting finaid is different from accepting the seat, and it sounds like you are holding only one acceptance anyway.Is it ok to accept financial aid from osu while being on another schools waitlist that I'm still considering???
Withdrew yesterday. Good luck everyone! OSU seems to me a thoroughly-planned, progressive program. It was a difficult decision, but I had to choose somewhere closer to home ><
Just accepted but on the fence about going here
you mean, you just got accepted? find out through email?Just accepted but on the fence about going here
Just got a call this morningyou mean, you just got accepted? find out through email?
Got the call at 10:30am!
Did you guys recently interview or come from the deferred list?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did you guys recently interview or come from the deferred list?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
deferred
just got the call! Accepted! I interviewed Jan 11th and was put on the deferred list!
Just withdrew as well. Hope one of you guys gets my seat (and $$$ 😉)!!!
How many days are they giving to decide?just got the call! Accepted! I interviewed Jan 11th and was put on the deferred list!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone still not get any financial aid? Patiently waiting...
Edit: nvm found the financial aid...all loans.
Does anybody know if it's possible to get scholarships?
Also, I only got 40.5k in loans and the cost of attendance is higher...how does that work?
Edit: nvm found the financial aid...all loans.
Does anybody know if it's possible to get scholarships?
Also, I only got 40.5k in loans and the cost of attendance is higher...how does that work?
Last edited:
I got a scholarship, but I was also told that we could be eligible for more after first yearAnyone still not get any financial aid? Patiently waiting...
Edit: nvm found the financial aid...all loans.
Does anybody know if it's possible to get scholarships?
Also, I only got 40.5k in loans and the cost of attendance is higher...how does that work?
Can somebody tell me which textbook OSU uses for anatomy?
Got off the waitlist a few days ago. Got an email. Sadly, no call. 🙁
Can somebody tell me which textbook OSU uses for anatomy?
We use Netter's for anatomy.
Recently received a call about two weeks ago! Decided to withdraw from a different school and accept OSU!
Quick Question!! I received an email about registering for classes but I did not receive any details about which specific classes I need to register for in the fall? ANYONE have any information regarding how to register for Fall?!?!?
Quick Question!! I received an email about registering for classes but I did not receive any details about which specific classes I need to register for in the fall? ANYONE have any information regarding how to register for Fall?!?!?
I just made a general post, but I was wondering if you had some information regarding how to register for classes as an incoming M1 and what classes I must register for? I received an email about registering for classes in general, but no other information.We use Netter's for anatomy.
I forgot if I read this earlier in the thread, but do you think it would be okay if I called the admissions office and asked what my position on the wait list is? (just if I am near the top or the bottom).
I was accepted to one school that starts in August and one that begins in 3 weeks. Of course, I'm happy to be accepted anywhere, but OSU remains my top choice and I'm not sure what to do. My second choice is the school that starts in 3 weeks and I'll have to take myself off OSU's waitlist at that time.
I was accepted to one school that starts in August and one that begins in 3 weeks. Of course, I'm happy to be accepted anywhere, but OSU remains my top choice and I'm not sure what to do. My second choice is the school that starts in 3 weeks and I'll have to take myself off OSU's waitlist at that time.
D
deleted781806
Got an e-mail mid-April for deferred students that said the Office of Admissions is unable to disclose any information about our individual ranking within the waitlist. So I would probably not call them about it. I can't believe there's a school that starts in three weeks though, that's crazy.do you think it would be okay if I called the admissions office and asked what my position on the wait list is?
I just made a general post, but I was wondering if you had some information regarding how to register for classes as an incoming M1 and what classes I must register for? I received an email about registering for classes in general, but no other information.
There is a single course you register for that is worth 20 credits. Information on that should be provided in an email detailing all the forms you have to complete to register for autumn semester at some point in the coming weeks. You could always touch base with the admissions office to check on the state of that, but I didn't get orientation materials to complete until the start of June, so it's not something I imagine you should be immediately concerned about. The information is on its way.
I recently accepted the offer and didn't get any email about classes yet. So you are ahead of the game lolRecently received a call about two weeks ago! Decided to withdraw from a different school and accept OSU!
Quick Question!! I received an email about registering for classes but I did not receive any details about which specific classes I need to register for in the fall? ANYONE have any information regarding how to register for Fall?!?!?
Maybe just send them an update and let them know you are still interested.I forgot if I read this earlier in the thread, but do you think it would be okay if I called the admissions office and asked what my position on the wait list is? (just if I am near the top or the bottom).
I was accepted to one school that starts in August and one that begins in 3 weeks. Of course, I'm happy to be accepted anywhere, but OSU remains my top choice and I'm not sure what to do. My second choice is the school that starts in 3 weeks and I'll have to take myself off OSU's waitlist at that time.
I got an email today about confirming all of my contact information from AMCAS. Apparently they "plan to send very soon to you the important information about orientation and forms that need to be completed by matriculation on August 1, 2017."
If all of my contact info is correct and updated, do I even need to respond? I feel like I should just to be polite at least.
If all of my contact info is correct and updated, do I even need to respond? I feel like I should just to be polite at least.
I got an email today about confirming all of my contact information from AMCAS. Apparently they "plan to send very soon to you the important information about orientation and forms that need to be completed by matriculation on August 1, 2017."
If all of my contact info is correct and updated, do I even need to respond? I feel like I should just to be polite at least.
Is anyone who just got accepted looking for housing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where have folks been getting their financial aid info? Weeks ago I was sent an email saying that within the next few days I should be receiving my package, but that never came lol I am currently having trouble signing into everything but my vitals account, so I have very little access until IT gets back to me to help me reset my password.
where have folks been getting their financial aid info? Weeks ago I was sent an email saying that within the next few days I should be receiving my package, but that never came lol I am currently having trouble signing into everything but my vitals account, so I have very little access until IT gets back to me to help me reset my password.
you should access it through buckeyelink
Thank you-- I finally was able to login!you should access it through buckeyelink
Just withdrew my application from the waitlist - good luck to all those still waiting!