You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pretty sure you can still change this on AMCAS.So, I noticed when doing the secondary that they specifically do not want more than 3 individual letters.. I put all 4 that I have on my primary.. Anyone know if there's anything I should do?
So, I noticed when doing the secondary that they specifically do not want more than 3 individual letters.. I put all 4 that I have on my primary.. Anyone know if there's anything I should do?
It's not a problem! I called them because I have six in my packet. They said it was fine. They'll just pick which ones they want to read or read the first three/four. Don't worry about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WOW 100 words is short. I don't know how to answer Why Rosy Frank in 100 words. So short! I struggle with the 1000 character ones, this is brutal.
Soooo brutal. I am seriously struggling with the Why Rosalind Franklin question too because what I wrote is too long and I don't know how to shorten it without messing up the flow of it.
But they have been on my verified AMCAS for over a week now. The letters were sent long ago.Pretty sure you can still change this on AMCAS.
Awesome, good to hear, thanks!It's not a problem! I called them because I have six in my packet. They said it was fine. They'll just pick which ones they want to read or read the first three/four. Don't worry about it.
Pretty sure they don't send out completion emails.Nope
Pretty sure they don't send out completion emails.
We have received your Chicago Medical School Supplemental Application. We will be processing your supplemental application and you can expect another email from us when your application is complete and sent into screening. As a reminder, the following materials are required for full consideration of your application:
(And the email goes on)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Pretty sure they don't send out completion emails.
Checked my emails from last cycle. They do send out completion emails, and it took 23 days to move status for me/receive the email
No they do not, per the MSAR, all applicants received a 2nd
Can any current students comment on how RFU views SMP programs in lieu of uGPA? 4.0 SMP, 3.3uGPA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, but I realized you cannot pay without submitting at the same time so your payment confirmation is basically your submitted confirmation I believeHas anyone gotten a completion email yet?
Can any current students comment on how RFU views SMP programs in lieu of uGPA? 4.0 SMP, 3.3uGPA
I'm not sure how RFU in particular reviews such a thing but a 4.0 SMP is pretty freakin badass man. Depending on where you did your SMP, I'd say that's a better situation than having 3.7-3.8 GPA in uGPA.
Thanks for the morale boost! Edit: I did the VCU CERT programI'm not sure how RFU in particular reviews such a thing but a 4.0 SMP is pretty freakin badass man. Depending on where you did your SMP, I'd say that's a better situation than having 3.7-3.8 GPA in uGPA.
WE ARE COMPLETE!!!!Just got the completion email! Received secondary on 7.8 and submitted 7.11.
Everyone else?
yes
Just got the completion email! Received secondary on 7.8 and submitted 7.11.
Everyone else?
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+2WE ARE COMPLETE!!!!
Uhhh. I just got a completion email. But I haven't submitted a secondary. What the hell?!
Our committee will begin screening all the materials submitted and will be in touch with a status for the next step in the process within the next 2 weeks. We appreciate your patience as this is a very busy time of year for the Office of Admissions & Enrollment at RFUMS.
Just got the completion email! Received secondary on 7.8 and submitted 7.11.
Everyone else?
Yeah same here. Did yours say "We received your supplemental application blah blah begin screening materials and get back to you within the next 2 weeks?"
I recieved an email about them having recieved the supplemental. Mine did not say anything about being complete per se.
Just got this email:
Good afternoon:
Thank you for your recent submission of the supplemental application for admission consideration at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS) Chicago Medical School (CMS) for Allopathic Medicine (MD). It is our goal to recruit and enroll qualified students who have the aptitude and motivation to be successful in our program and hope that you will be among the students selected to move forward in our process.
Our committee will begin screening all the materials submitted and will be in touch with a status for the next step in the process within the next 2 weeks. We appreciate your patience as this is a very busy time of year for the Office of Admissions & Enrollment at RFUMS.
Again, thanks for your interest in CMS at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have specific questions otherwise we encourage you to review our common questions online.
Sincerely,
Tonishea M. Terry-Jackson
Director of Admissions & Enrollment
Strategic Enrollment Management
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
Good afternoon:
Thank you for your recent submission of the supplemental application for admission consideration at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS) Chicago Medical School (CMS) for Allopathic Medicine (MD). It is our goal to recruit and enroll qualified students who have the aptitude and motivation to be successful in our program and hope that you will be among the students selected to move forward in our process.
Our committee will begin screening all the materials submitted and will be in touch with a status for the next step in the process within the next 2 weeks. We appreciate your patience as this is a very busy time of year for the Office of Admissions & Enrollment at RFUMS.
Again, thanks for your interest in CMS at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have specific questions otherwise we encourage you to review our common questions online.
Sincerely,
Tonishea M. Terry-Jackson
Director of Admissions & Enrollment
Strategic Enrollment Management
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
me too!! so confusedUhhh. I just got a completion email. But I haven't submitted a secondary. What the hell?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah same here. Did yours say "We received your supplemental application blah blah begin screening materials and get back to you within the next 2 weeks?"
Indeed it did!
I recieved an email about them having recieved the supplemental. Mine did not say anything about being complete per se.
"Our committee will begin screening all the materials submitted", I assume, indicates that they are considering your submitted file complete.
Uhhh. I just got a completion email. But I haven't submitted a secondary. What the hell?!
This confounds me. It'll be interesting to see if others are similarly in your position? Have you accessed the secondary at all?
+1Uhhh. I just got a completion email. But I haven't submitted a secondary. What the hell?!
I have not even accessed the secondary at all.
This confounds me. It'll be interesting to see if others are similarly in your position? Have you accessed the secondary at all?
It looks like they don't have a portal login, just a web form to fill out. So, no- I hadn't even accessed it till now.
Be very watchful of wording. If you were confirmed complete, they most likely would just say that.
It's what they did last year as well.
Since 2 weeks would be record time to hear back for screening for interview, I wouldn't be so sure. It might take 2 weeks to screen applications to make sure people are complete...
It's what they did last year as well.
Indeed it did!
"Our committee will begin screening all the materials submitted", I assume, indicates that they are considering your submitted file complete.
This confounds me. It'll be interesting to see if others are similarly in your position? Have you accessed the secondary at all?
Since 2 weeks would be record time to hear back for screening for interview, I wouldn't be so sure. It might take 2 weeks to screen applications to make sure people are complete...
me too!! so confused
Same thing happened to me and I just called admissions. It went to voicemail, but the girl referring me to the admissions line said that a bunch of people got this e-mail and the phone lines have been off the hook ever since. It's definitely some kind of mistake because I haven't touched the secondary yet haha. I feel better that this is happening to more people though, I thought it was just me.
Be very watchful of wording. If you were confirmed complete, they most likely would just say that.
Since 2 weeks would be record time to hear back for screening for interview, I wouldn't be so sure. It might take 2 weeks to screen applications to make sure people are complete...
I'm getting in touch with them. I'll let everyone know what I hear.
*Edit: Due to call volume regarding confusion, I'm going to assume that they'll issue a clarifying email. Since individuals who haven't even accessed the secondary are also receiving this email, it's entirely unlikely that reception of the email indicates anything further than them intending to send completion emails in the upcoming two weeks to those applicants who have successfully submitted the required materials.
I received the secondary 7.8 and completed 7.11 for what it is worth.
** Second Edit: They indeed issued a recall email.
Last edited:
From what I gathered during my visit to Chicago last year, I personally would not walk around alone at night. A male friend and I were hungry so we went to a local Walmart to buy food at around 10pm, and we were super careful whenever a car passes by us in the parking lot because it always seems like it was going to stop and grab us. But I mean, I would live at the North Pole if that means I get to be med student.Can anyone provide any insight into the safety of North Chicago? I'm most interested in your personal perception rather than crime rates (if you feel comfortable walking around at night, etc.). I'm not from a very urban area and have never visited Chicago so I am not sure what to expect
The admissions department sounds like it's having a fun day. 😛
they caught the error and clarified 🙂
They just sent out an email saying to disregard if you haven't yet submitted your secondary
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
for those who received an email from them and had yet to submit...they caught the error and clarified 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted751373
We're an easy group to freak out.
GOD I SAW "IMPORTANT APPLICATION UPDATE" AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A II/REJECTION EMAIL ADFJODJFOD MY HEART
I am still on the waitlist from last year's cycle. I got an "IMPORTANT WAITLIST STATUS UPDATE" email not too long ago. It was to tell me I'm still on the waitlist. 😛 And to make sure that people who are on it still want to be.
Same. I don't even know. Seems like almost everyone got an email update even if they didn't submit the secondary...So the first email still applies to us if we have sent our secondaries, correct? I was assuming that this was my confirmation email after submitting my secondaries on 7/10. I just got the recall/updated email and now I'm getting a little worried... :|
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 206K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K