2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
omg, i just checked my inbox and saw an email labeled as RFUMS invitation - but it was only an invitation to their open house program :bigtears: i think i almost died. oh well.. the wait continues.
 
I've watched some video examples of MMI's and it seems that a lot of people jot down notes on a notepad/padfolio prior to entering the room. For those of you who are interviewing tomorrow, are y'all bringing something to write on?
 
I've watched some video examples of MMI's and it seems that a lot of people jot down notes on a notepad/padfolio prior to entering the room. For those of you who are interviewing tomorrow, are y'all bringing something to write on?

It's school dependent, but some places you're not allowed to do such.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I've watched some video examples of MMI's and it seems that a lot of people jot down notes on a notepad/padfolio prior to entering the room. For those of you who are interviewing tomorrow, are y'all bringing something to write on?
You don't have time for that. You only get 90 seconds between stations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just submitted my secondary yesterday. Anyone think that might be too late?
I'm an illinois resident, 512 MCAT, 3.85 GPA.
 
I submitted my application on 7/19 and got the received email on 7/24 do you guys think I should've got a completion email by now?
 
I submitted my application on 7/19 and got the received email on 7/24 do you guys think I should've got a completion email by now?
i submitted on 7/18 and received complete email on 9/2. it takes a while..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I honestly liked it here a lot. The people are so nice and the school seems really invested in the students which I loved. Great atmosphere, very receptive and friendly.
 
In a good way?
In the best way possible. I honestly would forgo an acceptance from my instate schools over an acceptance from Rosalind. The current students and admissions staff were very warm and hospitable. The school's infrastructure looked new and opened. The only negative thing that I could think of would be the area around the school and needing a car to navigate across the suburbs. I don't understand why Rosalind has a SDN ranking of 1. I have interviewed at schools with higher ranking and those schools do not come close to this school.
 
is this stuff common in the states? our interviews are very formal in canada and i would never think to contact anyone from the school save for an issue or application error.
The interviews are also formal in the States. I am not sure how often applicants send a note/email, but I have seen several threads on this topic in the past. I have found this article written by the associate dean of admissions at Case Western: http://www.usnews.com/education/blo...ite-a-medical-school-interview-thank-you-note.

I usually would not bother with writing a letter, but Rosalind really stood out.
 
I submitted my application July 28th with a Lizzy M of 71-72and haven't heard back at all should I be worried ?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Somebody asked during my post-interview lunch last week. They are receptive to thank you letters but they specifically stated that they will not play any role in your decision!

Can confirm. I was the one who asked the question, haha.
 
Last edited: