-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For everyone worried about getting a complete email, keep in mind that this school gets tens of thousands of applications, so it will take them some time to get through everyone... I think it was something like 16k apps last year.
RFU had slightly less than 11,000 verified primaries last year - so conceivably less completed applications due to some applicants choosing not to proceed with the secondary.
RFU had slightly less than 11,000 verified primaries last year - so conceivably less completed applications due to some applicants choosing not to proceed with the secondary.
Those sound like 2015's numbers. I think last year had a large increase, from what I remember.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, numbers shot up last year. MSAR wasn't quite accurate on this from what I remember.
Those sound like 2015's numbers. I think last year had a large increase, from what I remember.
Yes, numbers shot up last year. MSAR wasn't quite accurate on this from what I remember.
10935 is also what's listed on RFUM's website for incoming 2015.
What are the MSAR stats for this school? I've already applied, but I'm just curious if anyone can post.Yes, numbers shot up last year. MSAR wasn't quite accurate on this from what I remember.
submitted 7/22 and still no complete email...
What are the MSAR stats for this school? I've already applied, but I'm just curious if anyone can post.
I didn't see them posted for 2016 yet.
Hi everyone,
I hope some people can either elevate my concerns here or offer guidance. So I submitted my secondary sometime around 7/15/16 (give or take a couple days). I then received the confirmation email that they received my secondary materials. Following that email I received a second email telling me to "disregard the previous email" if I did not submit my secondary application and that they look forward to receiving my secondary materials. I reached out to their admissions office out of concern that they didn't receive me material due to the second email. They responded with a email that kinda disregarded my concern and the situation of receiving the confirmation email, then getting a second email that stated they may or may not have received the secondary material. They told me they were backlogged on emails (which I can completely relate to and understand) and that I would receive an email when they got my secondary material. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also has anyone OOS received an II (or rejection?) from close to 7/15??
Take care everyone, (and good luck!)
Ian
I hope some people can either elevate my concerns here or offer guidance. So I submitted my secondary sometime around 7/15/16 (give or take a couple days). I then received the confirmation email that they received my secondary materials. Following that email I received a second email telling me to "disregard the previous email" if I did not submit my secondary application and that they look forward to receiving my secondary materials. I reached out to their admissions office out of concern that they didn't receive me material due to the second email. They responded with a email that kinda disregarded my concern and the situation of receiving the confirmation email, then getting a second email that stated they may or may not have received the secondary material. They told me they were backlogged on emails (which I can completely relate to and understand) and that I would receive an email when they got my secondary material. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also has anyone OOS received an II (or rejection?) from close to 7/15??
Take care everyone, (and good luck!)
Ian
yes! Still haven't gotten a true completion emailHi everyone,
I hope some people can either elevate my concerns here or offer guidance. So I submitted my secondary sometime around 7/15/16 (give or take a couple days). I then received the confirmation email that they received my secondary materials. Following that email I received a second email telling me to "disregard the previous email" if I did not submit my secondary application and that they look forward to receiving my secondary materials. I reached out to their admissions office out of concern that they didn't receive me material due to the second email. They responded with a email that kinda disregarded my concern and the situation of receiving the confirmation email, then getting a second email that stated they may or may not have received the secondary material. They told me they were backlogged on emails (which I can completely relate to and understand) and that I would receive an email when they got my secondary material. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also has anyone OOS received an II (or rejection?) from close to 7/15??
Take care everyone, (and good luck!)
Ian
Hi everyone,
I hope some people can either elevate my concerns here or offer guidance. So I submitted my secondary sometime around 7/15/16 (give or take a couple days). I then received the confirmation email that they received my secondary materials. Following that email I received a second email telling me to "disregard the previous email" if I did not submit my secondary application and that they look forward to receiving my secondary materials. I reached out to their admissions office out of concern that they didn't receive me material due to the second email. They responded with a email that kinda disregarded my concern and the situation of receiving the confirmation email, then getting a second email that stated they may or may not have received the secondary material. They told me they were backlogged on emails (which I can completely relate to and understand) and that I would receive an email when they got my secondary material. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also has anyone OOS received an II (or rejection?) from close to 7/15??
Take care everyone, (and good luck!)
Ian
Happened to me as well, but I did receive a completion email about a month/month and a half later.
For everyone worried about getting a complete email, keep in mind that this school gets tens of thousands of applications, so it will take them some time to get through everyone... I think it was something like 16k apps last year.
I knew this sounded familiar. Yeah, about 16000 apps and a 40% increase in secondaries. I'd be surprised if it decreased this year.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...university-application-thread.1135552/page-46
I was complete mid July, got the "you should hear something in two weeks, thanks for your secondary" email, and I still have yet to hear back from them on completeness.Hi everyone,
I hope some people can either elevate my concerns here or offer guidance. So I submitted my secondary sometime around 7/15/16 (give or take a couple days). I then received the confirmation email that they received my secondary materials. Following that email I received a second email telling me to "disregard the previous email" if I did not submit my secondary application and that they look forward to receiving my secondary materials. I reached out to their admissions office out of concern that they didn't receive me material due to the second email. They responded with a email that kinda disregarded my concern and the situation of receiving the confirmation email, then getting a second email that stated they may or may not have received the secondary material. They told me they were backlogged on emails (which I can completely relate to and understand) and that I would receive an email when they got my secondary material. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also has anyone OOS received an II (or rejection?) from close to 7/15??
Take care everyone, (and good luck!)
Ian
I knew this sounded familiar. Yeah, about 16000 apps and a 40% increase in secondaries. I'd be surprised if it decreased this year.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...university-application-thread.1135552/page-46
Jeez that's like 1.6 million dollars from secondaries?
Same!I was complete mid July, got the "you should hear something in two weeks, thanks for your secondary" email, and I still have yet to hear back from them on completeness.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete mid July, got the "you should hear something in two weeks, thanks for your secondary" email, and I still have yet to hear back from them on completeness.
Same!
literally in the same boat and just got the "your application is complete" email about 20 min ago so yours should be coming soon!
I hope so!!literally in the same boat and just got the "your application is complete" email about 20 min ago so yours should be coming soon!
Hi everyone,
I hope some people can either elevate my concerns here or offer guidance. So I submitted my secondary sometime around 7/15/16 (give or take a couple days). I then received the confirmation email that they received my secondary materials. Following that email I received a second email telling me to "disregard the previous email" if I did not submit my secondary application and that they look forward to receiving my secondary materials. I reached out to their admissions office out of concern that they didn't receive me material due to the second email. They responded with a email that kinda disregarded my concern and the situation of receiving the confirmation email, then getting a second email that stated they may or may not have received the secondary material. They told me they were backlogged on emails (which I can completely relate to and understand) and that I would receive an email when they got my secondary material. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also has anyone OOS received an II (or rejection?) from close to 7/15??
Take care everyone, (and good luck!)
Ian
OOS. Complete 7/14. II 9/7.
Don't worry though, it's not a linear process.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II on 9/12... still pinching myself!
edit: OOS, non-trad
edit: OOS, non-trad
Last edited:
wowII for 9/30! Submitted 7/15, Complete 8/14, "Still under review" email 8/27, and the II on 9/12... still pinching myself!
edit: OOS, non-trad
what are your stats?
I got the completion email on 8/12 and then again this morning... the exact same email saying that it'll be another 8-10 weeks for review. Did that happen to anyone else as well?
anybody know if they have a student housing option for the interview? don't wanna drop 100 bucks for a hotel if I don't have to.
anybody know if they have a student housing option for the interview? don't wanna drop 100 bucks for a hotel if I don't have to.
I know someone who used air bnb!
just received this update email this morning after receiving the "8-10 weeks" complete email 8/11. it seems a bit different from the previous 4-6 week update email that some others received (if this has already been mentioned, sorry! skimmed the last few pages):
Dear Applicant:
Thank you again for your application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science(RFUMS). This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee and although we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential it is still under continued consideration.
We receive many qualified applications every year and will continue to make decisions regarding the next step in the process after initial review on an on-going basis. Thus, we appreciate your patience as our committee continues to consider your application and all the distinguishing characteristics needed for a thorough and holistic review.
We will keep you abreast of your status of continued consideration with the Chicago Medical School at RFUMS throughout the application cycle.
We look forward to assisting you as you pursue your goals so please feel free to contact my team in the Office of Admissions and Enrollment if you have questions or concerns at [email protected].
has anyone else received this update versus the 4-6 week one?
Dear Applicant:
Thank you again for your application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science(RFUMS). This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee and although we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential it is still under continued consideration.
We receive many qualified applications every year and will continue to make decisions regarding the next step in the process after initial review on an on-going basis. Thus, we appreciate your patience as our committee continues to consider your application and all the distinguishing characteristics needed for a thorough and holistic review.
We will keep you abreast of your status of continued consideration with the Chicago Medical School at RFUMS throughout the application cycle.
We look forward to assisting you as you pursue your goals so please feel free to contact my team in the Office of Admissions and Enrollment if you have questions or concerns at [email protected].
has anyone else received this update versus the 4-6 week one?
just received this update email this morning after receiving the "8-10 weeks" complete email 8/11. it seems a bit different from the previous 4-6 week update email that some others received (if this has already been mentioned, sorry! skimmed the last few pages):
Dear Applicant:
Thank you again for your application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science(RFUMS). This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee and although we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential it is still under continued consideration.
We receive many qualified applications every year and will continue to make decisions regarding the next step in the process after initial review on an on-going basis. Thus, we appreciate your patience as our committee continues to consider your application and all the distinguishing characteristics needed for a thorough and holistic review.
We will keep you abreast of your status of continued consideration with the Chicago Medical School at RFUMS throughout the application cycle.
We look forward to assisting you as you pursue your goals so please feel free to contact my team in the Office of Admissions and Enrollment if you have questions or concerns at [email protected].
has anyone else received this update versus the 4-6 week one?
I guess that's their hold email.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
how can we check the status on our application?
how can we check the status on our application?
I don't think you can, which is kind of ridiculous.
alas! ah well, we'll hope for the best. 🙂
alas! ah well, we'll hope for the best. 🙂
I also got that email this AM.
Same here. Hopefully something comes of it!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just received this update email this morning after receiving the "8-10 weeks" complete email 8/11. it seems a bit different from the previous 4-6 week update email that some others received (if this has already been mentioned, sorry! skimmed the last few pages):
Dear Applicant:
Thank you again for your application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science(RFUMS). This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee and although we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential it is still under continued consideration.
We receive many qualified applications every year and will continue to make decisions regarding the next step in the process after initial review on an on-going basis. Thus, we appreciate your patience as our committee continues to consider your application and all the distinguishing characteristics needed for a thorough and holistic review.
We will keep you abreast of your status of continued consideration with the Chicago Medical School at RFUMS throughout the application cycle.
We look forward to assisting you as you pursue your goals so please feel free to contact my team in the Office of Admissions and Enrollment if you have questions or concerns at [email protected].
has anyone else received this update versus the 4-6 week one?
I got the same e-mail today.
I submitted on 7/26 and still haven't received the complete email. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I be reaching out to RFUMS?
I submitted before that and still don't have a complete email.I submitted on 7/26 and still haven't received the complete email. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I be reaching out to RFUMS?
I submitted on 7/26 and still haven't received the complete email. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I be reaching out to RFUMS?
+1. I'm just going to keep waiting. I'm sure they'll get to us soon.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't get this "hold" email ("8-10 week" complete email 8/3, and "4-6 week" email 8/25). Should I consider this as a sign of rejection???
Its not a rejection until you get a rejection letter
Honestly,
Throughout
Does this school axe people throughout the cycle or only at the end?
Throughout
Honestly,
Throughout
In that case, I'm assuming they haven't started axing yet.
.
In that case, I'm assuming they haven't started axing yet.
No, they've started axing. Got rejected this morning, complete 7/17. Best of luck to the rest of you!
Did you ever get a complete e-mail? And what were your stats?No, they've started axing. Got rejected this morning, complete 7/17. Best of luck to the rest of you!
Did you ever get a complete e-mail? And what were your stats?
Yeah, I received the complete email on 8/12. I was OOS, pretty low uGPA, high SMP GPA, and high MCAT. LizzyM around 67ish.
I'm a little confused about what's normal here...I submitted my app in July, LOR received late July... no email other than the one when I submitted that said I successfully submitted. Should I have expected anything else? Am I to expect a complete email soon-ish and then wait around for news?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted 7/31 and received a complete e-mail 1 hr ago
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Who has received the 4-6 week email with the subject line "Chicago Medical School Prelimary Screening Complete"? Does this email typically mean an II will be offered?
Who has received the 4-6 week email with the subject line "Chicago Medical School Prelimary Screening Complete"? Does this email typically mean an II will be offered?
I received the Prelim email and then received an II about 6 days later. Not sure if correlated or not though!
Received it on 8/25 and silence here!I received the Prelim email and then received an II about 6 days later. Not sure if correlated or not though!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K