You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II today!! Complete early July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
787593
Looks like there's been a "SLU" of II's today...
Looks like there's been a "SLU" of II's today...
Stop it! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
As a secular applicant with an II, I'm unsure of whether or not I should get my hopes up to attend SLU. Should I be worried about religious questions during the interview to throw me off? As a student, would it be possible to lead a secular life (ie. would it be similar to attending a completely secular school?). I'd love for a current or former student's insight, but anyone that knows would be much appreciated. 🙂
7
787593
Nothing religious in the interview for me.As a secular applicant with an II, I'm unsure of whether or not I should get my hopes up to attend SLU. Should I be worried about religious questions during the interview to throw me off? As a student, would it be possible to lead a secular life (ie. would it be similar to attending a completely secular school?). I'd love for a current or former student's insight, but anyone that knows would be much appreciated. 🙂
As a secular applicant with an II, I'm unsure of whether or not I should get my hopes up to attend SLU. Should I be worried about religious questions during the interview to throw me off? As a student, would it be possible to lead a secular life (ie. would it be similar to attending a completely secular school?). I'd love for a current or former student's insight, but anyone that knows would be much appreciated. 🙂
I went to a midwest Jesuit school for undergrad. I seriously doubt that you will get religion-based questions in your interview. However, I would be familiar with the Jesuit values and how they inform the school's mission, as that may come up. I would not hesitate to attend a Jesuit school as a non-religious person, its not like some Baptist or Evangelical schools where religion is interwoven into everything. Many of my friends during undergrad were not religious and it didn't impact their educational lives whatsoever.
Nothing religious in the interview for me.
I went to a midwest Jesuit school for undergrad. I seriously doubt that you will get religion-based questions in your interview. However, I would be familiar with the Jesuit values and how they inform the school's mission, as that may come up. I would not hesitate to attend a Jesuit school as a non-religious person, its not like some Baptist or Evangelical schools where religion is interwoven into everything. Many of my friends during undergrad were not religious and it didn't impact their educational lives whatsoever.
I appreciate the insight, guys. I've never been in the position to possibly attend a non-secular medical school, so I'm pretty ignorant to how things work.
I sent them a letter of interest about a week and a half ago, and I got my II today. Not sure if it helped, but it seems it didn't hurt!do they appreciate letters of interest?
How long did you wait after you were complete before sending a letter of interest?I sent them a letter of interest about a week and a half ago, and I got my II today. Not sure if it helped, but it seems it didn't hurt!
How did you submit one? Via the portal?I sent them a letter of interest about a week and a half ago, and I got my II today. Not sure if it helped, but it seems it didn't hurt!
Any tips for what to expect on interview day? Is it just the single interview (haven't received the informational e-mail yet). Did anyone stay with a host or do air bnb? Thanks and good luck to all 🙂
Any tips for what to expect on interview day? Is it just the single interview (haven't received the informational e-mail yet). Did anyone stay with a host or do air bnb? Thanks and good luck to all 🙂
There is only one 1-on-1 interview, could be in a room in admission office or in the interviewer's office in a different building. Also, you can either be in the morning group or afternoon group, but two groups will have lunch and tour together.
I personally didn't stay with a host, but I know some of them did. There should be some information about that when you get the email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, just format it like an official letter, and upload as a PDF.How did you submit one? Via the portal?
I was complete in mid-August, so it had been almost 3 months since I was complete when I submitted the letter.How long did you wait after you were complete before sending a letter of interest?
Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/17
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
People who have previously interviewed at SLU. This is the first school I've interviewed at that tells you the interviewer before hand. Did you research the interviewer first? E.g. read up on their research.
Has anyone found a link to an elective catalog? I want to research the school more
Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for accepted students?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
People who have previously interviewed at SLU. This is the first school I've interviewed at that tells you the interviewer before hand. Did you research the interviewer first? E.g. read up on their research.
I definitely did. At the very least, it will help you feel more confident during the interview because you will feel like you know them. Also, I asked a question or two related to their work!
I would like to know this as well! I did a little bit of research looking at past SLU threads and it seemed like that page wasn't made until later in the year. Will you most likely be matriculating at SLU? PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting.Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for accepted students?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
People who have recently received an II, how far out were they scheduling them? I was complete first week of July and still haven't heard anything..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my II last week. The dates given to me were all in November.People who have recently received an II, how far out were they scheduling them? I was complete first week of July and still haven't heard anything..
People who have recently received an II, how far out were they scheduling them? I was complete first week of July and still haven't heard anything..
.
Last edited:
Withdrew from my interview here today in favour of another. I hope it goes to one of you guys. 🙂
I'm guessing somewhere late August?Anyone know what completion date they are up to?
D
deleted631131
As a secular applicant with an II, I'm unsure of whether or not I should get my hopes up to attend SLU. Should I be worried about religious questions during the interview to throw me off? As a student, would it be possible to lead a secular life (ie. would it be similar to attending a completely secular school?). I'd love for a current or former student's insight, but anyone that knows would be much appreciated. 🙂
I just want to say, you don't have to be religious of any sort to attend SLU. This is not Loma Linda, there is no additional "honor code" for students other than the professional expectations you will find at any other US MD school.
Yes, there is a strong Catholic population here. There is also a strong Muslim population, atheist/agnostic population, etc. Your views will be respected and you will have like-minded individuals whatever faith system you adhere to.
As for the interview. Know your own application, specifically the activities you listed as most important on AMCAS.
There doesn't seem to be much of a schedule. Does the interview day really not start until 10:40?
There doesn't seem to be much of a schedule. Does the interview day really not start until 10:40?
You have your interview either in the morning or afternoon. If you interview is in the afternoon you don't need to be there until 10:40.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just got an II!!! Super pumped! Complete late August, don't give up yet guys!
Just got an II!!! Super pumped! Complete late August, don't give up yet guys!
Oh my goodness so happy for you!
Vermin you fricken rule dude!Oh my goodness so happy for you!
Long-time lurker, first-time poster.
Has anyone heard anything from SLU today? I interviewed 11/7 and I'm thinking they will let me know something today.
Has anyone heard anything from SLU today? I interviewed 11/7 and I'm thinking they will let me know something today.
What time did they send the email?Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/17
I interviewed on 10/31 and haven't heard anything from them. Looking at last year's thread, they started to slow down around this time due to the holidays, so I think we may be waiting a little bit longer. Hang in there!Long-time lurker, first-time poster.
Has anyone heard anything from SLU today? I interviewed 11/7 and I'm thinking they will let me know something today.
It might be delayed cause thanksgiving got in the way. Stalking old posts November people found out basically mid December so maybe this next week but more likely the week afterLong-time lurker, first-time poster.
Has anyone heard anything from SLU today? I interviewed 11/7 and I'm thinking they will let me know something today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew my II after being accepted at my #1. Figured it would be a good idea to save money, but boy was it hard to do. I sincerely hope it goes to one of you!
When I interviewed my interviewer told me it would take about a month to hear back
I interviewed in October and heard back about three week later. I'd bet the holidays are slowing things down
Sent from my Energy X 2 using SDN mobile
Sent from my Energy X 2 using SDN mobile