2016-2017 University of Maryland Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!

How did you find out? Do they change the portal or was it by email? Was your interview Mid-October? I interviewed October 17 and still no word :(

SAME INTERVIEW DAY no news yet. Kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How did you find out and when did you interview if you don't mind me asking. I'm so very envious!

My interview was in early October so I waited ~5 weeks to hear back. I got an email that directed me to the portal, but some people receive a phone call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday via Email
Complete: First week in Sept
Interviewed: Mid Oct

Reactions: 2 users
So for the people who did not hear back about being accepted but had an interview mid-October, should we expect to be placed on hold or rejection? So sad my portal has not been updated :( maybe tomorrow??

So for the people who did not hear back about being accepted but had an interview mid-October, should we expect to be placed on hold or rejection? So sad my portal has not been updated :( maybe tomorrow??
Don't lose hope. I interviewed in September... many people who interviewed on my interview date (or even later) heard back about their acceptances before I did. But I was accepted eventually. They send out decisions in batches, and I'm not sure what their process is (maybe alphabetical?? who knows...). But don't panic yet.

Another tip: if you're truly concerned and absolutely cannot wait another minute, you can call them and find out your status. A friend of mine did this, and they were pretty nice about it and told her that she was going to be accepted shortly.

Don't lose hope. I interviewed in September... many people who interviewed on my interview date (or even later) heard back about their acceptances before I did. But I was accepted eventually. They send out decisions in batches, and I'm not sure what their process is (maybe alphabetical?? who knows...). But don't panic yet.

Another tip: if you're truly concerned and absolutely cannot wait another minute, you can call them and find out your status. A friend of mine did this, and they were pretty nice about it and told her that she was going to be accepted shortly.

Thanks for the info. That actually gives me a lot of hope right now.

II after being complete in August! I'm OOS. Dates are available in February and March.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope more calls and portal updates are in the near future for you all! Sending lots of luck and good vibes~*~~**

MSTP II! So pumped! :soexcited:

Congrats to those who recently got accepted!!!

And for those who got a hold, don't lose out hope, hang in there! :)

I'm a current MSI who can answer questions or find someone who can answer them, so feel free to post in the thread or message me privately and I'll be happy to answer

Is it worth going to the interview for this school if I'm OOS? I hadn't realized how extraordinarily high the tuition is for OOS students here when I applied! Do they give scholarships? Are you eligible for IS tuition after the first year?

Congrats! Would you mind sharing if you ever got the hold status, and what dates they are scheduling for?

Thanks in advance!
I rarely checked my portal so I'm not sure about this, but I don't think I ever got the hold status. The choices for interview dates are 2/1, 2/8, 2/15.

IS and received complete email on 8/31; still haven't heard anything, not even been placed on hold. Is this a silent rejection?

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing when you interviewed and how you found out?
Thanks!
Interviewed in late October; Got an e-mail saying that my admissions decision has been updated to my portal (did not sound like good news) and saw the acceptance in the portal.

Was just placed on hold via email; was complete late August.

Can someone catch me up to date on whether there have been any pre-II rejections or post-hold II/rejections so far? Thanks!

Was just placed on hold via email; was complete late August.

Can someone catch me up to date on whether there have been any pre-II rejections or post-hold II/rejections so far? Thanks!

Hold as well just now

anyone know how often they meet and how frequently they send out admissions decisions?

anyone know how often they meet and how frequently they send out admissions decisions?
Today I was told that their next meeting is in mid-December and the following one is the first week of January, but admissions decisions are on a rolling basis.

2 Questions:

1. Anyone complete around August 31st hear anything back yet??
2. How common is it for this school to accept out of state students?

For anyone that interviewed in mid-November --> Have you heard anything back yet?? Rejection/ Acceptance/ Wait List??

will gladly decline all my acceptances and pending interviews for this school..alas im deemed worthy of a pre-interview hold smh

Today I was told that their next meeting is in mid-December and the following one is the first week of January, but admissions decisions are on a rolling basis.

Thanks for the info! Did you take that to mean that admissions decisions may be made and sent out before their next meeting in mid-December?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the info! Did you take that to mean that admissions decisions may be made and sent out before their next meeting in mid-December?
You're welcome! Yes I did, I took it to mean that admissions decisions are made continuously and can be made at any time because they don't release their decisions on planned dates like some other schools do. They also said that they aim for a 4-6 week turnaround, but often make the decisions in closer to 3 weeks from your interview date.

I just got a phone call saying I got accepted!

Interviewed Oct 26th.

Also for those worried, how long it takes to get your decision post interview is not a reflection of how desirable a student you are.

It depends on when your interviewers submit their review, the nature of their schedules, etc.

So keep your heads up and good luck!

Accepted this morning via portal to MD/MPH

IS. Interviewed 11/14

I thought they called for decisions, but I'm traveling without good service so they may have tried.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted via phone call last night!!! E-mail and Portal update this AM. Interviewed 11/2