2016-2017 University of Maryland Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Currently on hold and was wondering if anyone has sent an update letter to the admissions committee. Was checking last years thread and saw a bunch of people on hold get later interviews in March.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the general reputation of this school? Top tier?

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that fall semester is coming to a close, do we need to send in updated transcripts/grades to include our newest grades this semester?

Note: I have not interviewed yet, but I have one scheduled for January.

Any fellow MD/MS applicants here? One of my dreams schools for MD/Bioengineering. Maybe if I call the Dean and beg...

Accepted via the portal this morning. I got an Email from the admissions office to check the portal! OOS - Interviewed 07 November

Reactions: 1 user
Any indication what % of interviews have been given out here?

ACCEPTED via portal today!! First acceptance of the season :) Interviewed 11/7 OOS

Reactions: 1 users
anyone with a pre-II hold have the under-review in their portal status?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate?

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 6.54.12 PM.png

sorry I wasn't clear...on the status page this just appeared

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohhh, interesting. I'm on pre-II hold as well, but I don't have that. Looks like a good sign though. Maybe they are done reviewing all apps and looking at people on hold now.

Are there any current students on this thread? If so please reveal yourself, I have questions

UMD is not one of my top choices and I have interviews at schools I like much more that are traditionally more selective to invite for interviews. However, UMD has not even acknowledged anything about my application post submission. NO HOLD, No Rejection, and No II. Is anyone else like this? Should I call and explicitly ask about my status. I just want to know a decision so I know that my time spent doing the application was actually acknowledged.

View attachment 211954

sorry I wasn't clear...on the status page this just appeared

Ohhh, interesting. I'm on pre-II hold as well, but I don't have that. Looks like a good sign though. Maybe they are done reviewing all apps and looking at people on hold now.

I've had the under review thing ever since I was put on hold more than a month ago. Thought it was normal and meant nothing but not sure about that now

Any more IIs being given out here? thanks!

UMD sent me an email with "accepted student second look day" in the subject line... however the email itself was some sort of image that wouldn't load properly and so was just a question mark. Anyone else have this problem? Or anyone receive this email who can view the contents? Thanks! :)

UMD sent me an email with "accepted student second look day" in the subject line... however the email itself was some sort of image that wouldn't load properly and so was just a question mark. Anyone else have this problem? Or anyone receive this email who can view the contents? Thanks! :)
Same here! Tried going to "Communication Status" and it loaded there!

Mine was the same but all of a sudden just loaded. Just a save the date card, Second Look is March 24th

To accepted students - did they say if we fill out financial aid before Jan 1, we get bonus $$? Does fin aid only include FAFSA? Left my packet from interview day back at school and am now on winter break...

UMD is not one of my top choices and I have interviews at schools I like much more that are traditionally more selective to invite for interviews. However, UMD has not even acknowledged anything about my application post submission. NO HOLD, No Rejection, and No II. Is anyone else like this? Should I call and explicitly ask about my status. I just want to know a decision so I know that my time spent doing the application was actually acknowledged.

Same boat here. Complete silence post submission.

Maybe if you showed them some love, they would show you some love. Just saying.

ACCEPTED!!! Got an email today to check my portal! Interviewed 11/30, OOS, LizzyM ~71

Reactions: 3 users
There's a tab that should say "Admissions Decision" where it has your acceptance!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

has anyone called to ask about their admission status post-interview?

has anyone called to ask about their admission status post-interview?

I wouldn't. Especially this time of year, admissions committees are people too and have holiday plans. Many offices have limited hours the next few weeks. They will get back to you! I know it sucks but gotta have patience.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard back from the 11/16 interview date?

To accepted students - did they say if we fill out financial aid before Jan 1, we get bonus $$? Does fin aid only include FAFSA? Left my packet from interview day back at school and am now on winter break...

I would like to know as well. I wrote down the deadline is January 31st but now I am second guessing it. XD

I would like to know as well. I wrote down the deadline is January 31st but now I am second guessing it. XD
The deadline is actually March 1st. However, they said we have better chances of getting money if we submit the FAFSA before Jan 31. And yes, all we need to do right now is submit the FAFSA (I contacted them directly to clarify this).

The deadline is actually March 1st. However, they said we have better chances of getting money if we submit the FAFSA before Jan 31. And yes, all we need to do right now is submit the FAFSA (I contacted them directly to clarify this).

Did they say that we can be awarded extra $ (i think it was $8000) if we apply before Jan 31st?

anyone from 11/30 interview date hear back yet?

Is it worth sending an update after being on hold? Or is hold pretty hard to come back from to get an II?