2016-2017 University of Maryland Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when the last IIs went out in previous years?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received an II Thursday (never on hold) and the only available date was 2/22.

In light of other acceptances, I'll be turning this down. Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just rejected UMD's offer of admission. Hope that pushes one of you guys off the waitlist! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted earlier this week! :soexcited: SO happy! Interviewed 11/16

I was put on pre-II hold early November, then put on pre-II hold again in early December, and silence since then. In state, and very very eager to have an opportunity to interview. Does anyone have any advice about ways to increase my chances?

I was put on pre-II hold early November, then put on pre-II hold again in early December, and silence since then. In state, and very very eager to have an opportunity to interview. Does anyone have any advice about ways to increase my chances?

do you have the under review tab as well?

We discussed having the under review tab about a month ago. At that time we were both on pre-ii hold, but you had the tab and I didn't. Idk if it means anything, but the under review tab just showed up in my portal today.

I don't seem to have a tab, but under status I have something that says "interview" with a lock next to it and an "under review"

Members don't see this ad :)
How likely is it to get an II after a pre-interview hold here?

How likely is it to get an II after a pre-interview hold here?

looking at last years thread, I think chances are slim...but still possible. Some people got II's after being placed on pre-II hold for early-mid March slots

Just got the "Under Review" tab with the lock on it. Is this an encouraging sign? Been on hold since early November

Just got the "Under Review" tab with the lock on it. Is this an encouraging sign? Been on hold since early November
No lol. Been on hold since early November as well. Got the sign a couple of days ago. I think they are just messing around with their portal so it randomly showed up.

I don't think so unfortunately. I've had the under review sign ever since I was put on hold back in November.

Unfortunately the lock is truly just a lock. No key to be found.

Hello!
I interviewed here on 1/16...any idea when admission committee meets to make decisions? Anyone else interview on that date?
Thank you!
Tea

Hello!
I interviewed here on 1/16...any idea when admission committee meets to make decisions? Anyone else interview on that date?
Thank you!
Tea
you interviewed 4 days ago... chill

Reactions: 3 users
Agreed. I interviewed 2 months ago and haven't heard anything. It's going to be a looooong wait
Oh, gosh. Thank you guys...I guess I'm a bit high strung. This is my first choice and I'm a Maryland resident and I've heard that in the past people got calls within like 2 days of interviewing. Good luck to everyone...let's keep each other posted.

Oh, gosh. Thank you guys...I guess I'm a bit high strung. This is my first choice and I'm a Maryland resident and I've heard that in the past people got calls within like 2 days of interviewing. Good luck to everyone...let's keep each other posted.

Nope. IS here and got accepted at the 4th week, everyone I've seen got it in 4-8 weeks.

Edit: Meant 4th week not 6th week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Nope. IS here and got accepted at the 8th week, everyone I've seen got it in 8-10 weeks.

Yeah it's really a toss-up. I'm OOS and got accepted 4 weeks after my interview to the day, so there's really no way to know when the decision will come out!

Last edited:
Yeah it's really a toss-up. I got accepted 4 weeks after my interview to the day, so there's really no way to know when the decision will come out!

Sorry messed that up, thinking of Gtown. I interviewed 11/14 and was accepted on 12/6, so right at the beginning of the 4th week (22 days) . Still, I don't know anyone in state or otherwise that got accepted within two days of the interview.

Sorry messed that up, thinking of Gtown. I interviewed 11/14 and was accepted on 12/6, so right at the beginning of the 4th week (22 days) . Still, I don't know anyone in state or otherwise that got accepted within two days of the interview.

Thank you! That is comforting to know

I have been complete since September but have heard nothing, not even a hold...for those who were in the same boat, any update for you guys? Not sure they haven't gotten to my app yet, or they just forgot to put me on hold.

Also complete in September and no hold or update! I sent them updates and they just answered saying they would put it in my file. Meanwhile just checking my portal more times a day than is healthy :bow:

Accepted this morning, interviewed on 11/30!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 12/7 heard anything? I know they said 4-6 weeks but there's the holiday and it's now 7 weeks.

Accepted sometime yesterday lol interviewed first week in December :love:

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 12/7 heard anything? I know they said 4-6 weeks but there's the holiday and it's now 7 weeks.
I interviewed 11/30 and just found out yesterday, almost exactly 8 weeks. Hopefully another week and you will hear back!

Last edited:
I interviewed 11/30 and just found out yesterday, almost exactly 8 weeks. Hopefully another week and you will hear back!

also, anyone find out about a facebook group for class of 2021?

I'm still wondering about the fb group too.. ☺

ISS got accepted on Tuesday, interviewed on 11/30! was freaking out cause they said 4 weeks and it had been well past that.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else get a second look email? I'd love to start meeting people and legit will make a group if people are interested!

Just got a letter in the mail, full tuition (+medical insurance) scholarship!

I MADE A FB GROUP it's called "University of Maryland SOM Accepted Squad 2021" send me a PM on here or fb so I know to add you! Can't wait to start building it and meeting you guys :)

Last edited:
I MADE A FB GROUP it's called "University of Maryland SOM Accepted Squad 2021" send me a PM on here or fb so I know to add you! Can't wait to start building it and meeting you guys :)

Now someone needs to be brace and be the first to join haha :)