2016-2017 Virginia Tech Carilion Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students group or page?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been reject post-interview from here?

I remember the admissions committee saying that none of the interviewed applicants get rejected post-interview. I believe everyone not initially extended an offer is pooled and ranked sometime in late April/early May and additional offers given based on the number of individuals who decline their admissions offer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
what did you include in your update? was it activities youve been doing or something more substantial?
I had a new job, a new publication, and several abstracts which I was presenting at a conference.

oh gotcha! does anyone know what kinds of updates VTC is receptive to pre-II? any activities/ECs or only super significant stuff like a publication?

also is a letter of interest okay to send? just trying to make one final push for an II since I know they prob only interview thru feb!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh gotcha! does anyone know what kinds of updates VTC is receptive to pre-II? any activities/ECs or only super significant stuff like a publication?

also is a letter of interest okay to send? just trying to make one final push for an II since I know they prob only interview thru feb!

I don't think there's any language on their site. I think if you have anything to say, err on the side of saying it. It's hard to think sending them a letter could hurt, and it may help.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is vt still sending out interview invites? Does anyone know how many days there are left?

Is vt still sending out interview invites? Does anyone know how many days there are left?

A couple of us got an II yesterday. I believe their last monthly interview date is in February.

Does that mean anyone who didn't receive any interview invite yesterday is not going to get an invite later on?
I think (or at least hope) that they interview throughout February but not positive

What does it mean if we didn't receive a rejection post-secondary application? I think they sent out all their february interview invites a few days ago....

Does that mean anyone who didn't receive any interview invite yesterday is not going to get an invite later on?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. I think they interview once a month, but I may be wrong.

What does it mean if we didn't receive a rejection post-secondary application? I think they sent out all their february interview invites a few days ago....

A person in my interview group received their II only 4 days before the interview day. So it depends on how many people accept the II vs how many people withdraw/cancel. There's still a chance you'll get an II the week of the interview.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but having just recently interviewed, they showed a slide with the seven dates that they'd be interviewing, and the only date that was left was February 11th. They even said they had to add that day because they usually only have 6 interview days for the year.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but having just recently interviewed, they showed a slide with the seven dates that they'd be interviewing, and the only date that was left was February 11th. They even said they had to add that day because they usually only have 6 interview days for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/url

Last edited:
I know someone who has an interview for next week? Like I've seen his portal and everything, so this confuses me

If you show me where on the portal interview dates are shown, I'll remove my past post so as to not spread misinformation. That being said, I remember only 7 dates being shown for interview with the last being February 11th.

If you show me where on the portal interview dates are shown, I'll remove my past post so as to not spread misinformation. That being said, I remember only 7 dates being shown for interview with the last being February 11th.

I just looked on my portal and could not see anything either.

Whoops! I thought I was responding in the VCU thread not Virginia tech, my apologies for the misinformation! I really hope I didn't cause anyone confusion and will be removing the prior post

So if the last interview date is fhe 11th of February then does that mean they have sent out all the interview invites for this cycle?

So if the last interview date is fhe 11th of February then does that mean they have sent out all the interview invites for this cycle?

It is possible they may still send out IIs if some people cancel their interview for Feb 11.

I interview on February 11th. Any one else waiting to find out about acceptance to finish a pre-req (Calculus)? VTC is the only school I applied to that still requires it. I am just wondering if anyone has interviewed and that has been mentioned in their interview.

I interview on February 11th. Any one else waiting to find out about acceptance to finish a pre-req (Calculus)? VTC is the only school I applied to that still requires it. I am just wondering if anyone has interviewed and that has been mentioned in their interview.

I can't help you with the latter part of your question...but just wanted to say I am also interviewing 2/11, so I'll see you there! :)

I can't help you with the latter part of your question...but just wanted to say I am also interviewing 2/11, so I'll see you there! :)

Yea I just figured if I'm accepted and really want to go there I'll just figure it out! See ya then! Super excited for this interview.

I'm also interviewing on the 11th, so I'm looking forward to meeting you both there!
Yea I just figured if I'm accepted and really want to go there I'll just figure it out! See ya then! Super excited for this interview.

I'm also interviewing on the 11th, so I'm looking forward to meeting you both there!
See ya there! I was unsure about attending a few days ago, but am very excited about it now! Any idea how many people they interview each day?

Should I assume that they're done with II since the last interview date is this Saturday?

Reactions: 3 users
See ya there! I was unsure about attending a few days ago, but am very excited about it now! Any idea how many people they interview each day?
Generally 50 iirc.. I think its split into two groups of 25

Last edited:
Very impressed by the interview today. Would be honored to go here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Very impressed by the interview today. Would be honored to go here. Any blue team members here with me today?

Absolutely loved it! The best interview day I've had by far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who interviewed today: did they give a date for when the next batch of decisions come out?