You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Virginia Tech (Carilion)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm definitely getting worried...to those who haven't gotten anything, does that mean we are waitlisted?
Yeah, in past years they’ve reevaluated everyone in April, then notify some that they want to keep them on the waitlist and will send Rs to everyone else.ya me too---did anyone get rejected or a hold? the delusional part of me thinks i'm getting a call lol but i'm guessing it's a hold--email forthcoming next week?
I didn’t get a call either so definitely bummed, but congratulations to everyone accepted! VTC seems like a great program. 😊 Maybe a couple more of us will snag an A from the waitlist eventually!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-ii R
I am fine with that because I was fortunate to receive an A from a school I like but "VTCSOM has declined to invite you to interview" as the email title is low-key a turnoff.
Anyway, good luck to everyone! I hope we all cross paths as future doctors one day :')
I am fine with that because I was fortunate to receive an A from a school I like but "VTCSOM has declined to invite you to interview" as the email title is low-key a turnoff.
Anyway, good luck to everyone! I hope we all cross paths as future doctors one day :')
Just got my active status pool email. MSAR doesn't have any waitlist info 🙁
is it safe to say that you are waitlisted if you have received no communication yet?
any idea how many people get off the waitlist...i assume it's low since the class is only 49. I don't have MSAR or would check!
FiletFrenzy
Full Member
Pre-II R yesterday. Super bummed, but onward we march!
Does anyone know about the waitlist movement at this school?
are you a man or a woman lol? wanna see if i should get my hopes upWithdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to the fortunate person who gets accepted (hopefully soon) and attends; seems like an incredible school!
Do they have some kind of strict 50/50 gender approach or something?are you a man or a woman lol? wanna see if i should get my hopes up
aviationiscool
Full Member
Just got notification that I was put on the WL. Anyone have any insight into how VTC manages the WL?
also on the active waitlist
+2also on the active waitlist
I can’t imagine very many of us will get off the waitlist, but fingers crossed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2
You’d be surprised! This is a school that’s skews toward research heavy applicants and there are many universities interested in the same applicants.I can’t imagine very many of us will get off the waitlist, but fingers crossed!
Has everybody been placed on the waitlist or were some rejected? Based on last year's thread some were rejected, but don't know if they're doing that this year. Was also wondering when do you guys think it would be the best time to send an update letter or a letter of interest? Was planning to send one this week since I thought decisions would come early April, but not so sure now.
mm anyone knows how big the waitlist is? or how many get off. MSAR just released data if anyone has acess
agree. looks like VTC likes applicants with lots of research. there's definitely hope but I wish it came sooner. the 10-month wait is brutal....+2
You’d be surprised! This is a school that’s skews toward research heavy applicants and there are many universities interested in the same applicants.
Interviewed 10/15, Active-status 12/15. Active WL today 03/22. I believe they have a post-interview season round of acceptances in April.
aviationiscool
Full Member
Waitlist Information
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycleVaries
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided
Waitlist procedures and information
Interviewed applicants not initially accepted are re-evaluated in April. Qualified applicants are offered a seat or held on an active wait list until the incoming class matriculates.
^this is all thats on MSAR about the waitlist
thanks for sharing!
I interviewed here two cycles ago and was active status pool but never put on the active waitlist and instead got the R at the end of April. None of their emails are worded the same this time around, but from what I can tell they did what they usually do in early April in late March instead this year. Especially considering the wording “Our admissions committee completed their final round of voting,” that they sent in the email today which would usually refer to that last April round of voting.Waitlist Information
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
Varies
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided
Waitlist procedures and information
Interviewed applicants not initially accepted are re-evaluated in April. Qualified applicants are offered a seat or held on an active wait list until the incoming class matriculates.
^this is all thats on MSAR about the waitlist
awesome yea, so I guess, now it's just they have an internal rank or something and they can just call people as seats open up? were you waitlisted twice? that happened to me too at another school 🙁I interviewed here two cycles ago and was active status pool but never put on the active waitlist and instead got the R at the end of April. None of their emails are worded the same this time around, but from what I can tell they did what they usually do in early April in late March instead this year. Especially considering the wording “Our admissions committee completed their final round of voting,” that they sent in the email today which would usually refer to that last April round of voting.
Yeah, I think they're doing things differently this time around. Initially I was planning on sending an update this week for the last voting round in early April, but I'm not so sure now.I interviewed here two cycles ago and was active status pool but never put on the active waitlist and instead got the R at the end of April. None of their emails are worded the same this time around, but from what I can tell they did what they usually do in early April in late March instead this year. Especially considering the wording “Our admissions committee completed their final round of voting,” that they sent in the email today which would usually refer to that last April round of voting.
Yeah, I don’t think we’ll ever know what position we’re at and will just have to hope for the best!awesome yea, so I guess, now it's just they have an internal rank or something and they can just call people as seats open up? were you waitlisted twice? that happened to me too at another school 🙁
Yeah, waitlists are rough 🙁 I was waitlisted at my state school that year and was really close to being admitted (we knew our number and where the list was at), so I only applied to my state school the following year and then they just gave me a straight R. 🙃 So here I am yet again, but I have some DO acceptances this time so I’m very thankful that I’ll finally get to start school even if VTC doesn’t pan out.
I’m inclined to say it won’t influence anything at this point, but who knows! Maybe they still move us around on the waitlist internallyYeah, I think they're doing things differently this time around. Initially I was planning on sending an update this week for the last voting round in early April, but I'm not so sure now.
ok, I think late April/ early may be some movement....maybe the nice people who have multiple acceptances and want to withdraw and make choices? lolI’m inclined to say it won’t influence anything at this point, but who knows! Maybe they still move us around on the waitlist internally
oh god, it's always the state school that does something fishy,.was this in Georgia btwYeah, I don’t think we’ll ever know what position we’re at and will just have to hope for the best!
Yeah, waitlists are rough 🙁 I was waitlisted at my state school that year and was really close to being admitted (we knew our number and where the list was at), so I only applied to my state school the following year and then they just gave me a straight R. 🙃 So here I am yet again, but I have some DO acceptances this time so I’m very thankful that I’ll finally get to start school even if VTC doesn’t pan out.
Haha nope! In the Midwest.oh god, it's always the state school that does something fishy,.was this in Georgia btw
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
called admission, expect movement after April 30
Last year there was quite a bit of movement, but it seems like they may have all been passing around the same admissions offer lolcalled admission, expect movement after April 30
Do you mean to the same students?Last year there was quite a bit of movement, but it seems like they may have all been passing around the same admissions offer lol
Several of the sdn comments from last year say something along the lines of “Just accepted off of the WL but withdrawing, hope it goes to one of you,” and then the next person would say the same. So I’m assuming to some extent it was the same seat(s) that they all kept passing to the next person. I have absolutely no evidence to back that up and it’s not very important, just an observation 🤷🏼♀️Do you mean to the same students?
class of 2026 is 30% dudes, I'd say noDo they have some kind of strict 50/50 gender approach or something?
passwordislawnmower
New Member
There is a significant number of students who got in off WL it was not a single spot being passed around.Several of the sdn comments from last year say something along the lines of “Just accepted off of the WL but withdrawing, hope it goes to one of you,” and then the next person would say the same. So I’m assuming to some extent it was the same seat(s) that they all kept passing to the next person. I have absolutely no evidence to back that up and it’s not very important, just an observation 🤷🏼♀️
aviationiscool
Full Member
Nope :/ It also doesn't show in the CYMS tool on AMCAS like the email statedthose of you on the waitlist, did anyone get an AMCAS email?
MCapensis
Full Member
Mine shows up in CYMSNope :/ It also doesn't show in the CYMS tool on AMCAS like the email stated
I believe (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) it only becomes available after you've been accepted by at least one school. Afterwards you will be able to see other waitlist offers.Nope :/ It also doesn't show in the CYMS tool on AMCAS like the email stated
Would sending an additional letter of recommendation to Virginia tech help if you are on a waitlist?
I would say no. But if you haven't reached out directly to admissions yourself yet (esp. phone call), I wouldn't discourage that...Would sending an additional letter of recommendation to Virginia tech help if you are on a waitlist?
haha, will hiking in Ronoake get me off the waitlist lol
Any chance I could PM you? (your PMs are currently closed)I would say no. But if you haven't reached out directly to admissions yourself yet (esp. phone call), I wouldn't discourage that...
Anyone heard back regarding the scholarships (the ones where you have to write an essay and apply)? Or am I safe to assume that I got nothing lol
Has anyone gotten the lucky waitlist A since April 15th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We should hear next week about the waitlist right?
MCapensis
Full Member
I sure do hope so! Does anyone have insight on this?We should hear next week about the waitlist right?
were you accepted off the waitlist recently?Hello! Anybody know if there’s a GroupMe for accepted students ?