2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe I may have been accepted as well as I am able to pay the deposit and everything, but no phone call or email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not Necessarily, I got the accepted phone call but on my portal it says my Bachelors is missing, even though I already graduated. Im guessing its because they want a copy of my transcript confirming/proving I have a B.S. Do you have your degree marked as completed?

My degree is Marked as recieved under the accepted student checklist. The only things marked as “Expected” are my undergrad transcripts, matriculation agreement, and $1000 deposit.

I believe I may have been accepted as well as I am able to pay the deposit and everything, but no phone call or email.

Ya if you can access the accepted student checklist, you’re good bro

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone see contact info anywhere for the interviewers? Mine said I could email him directly, so I figured an email would be listed online - but I haven’t found anything.

Did anyone see contact info anywhere for the interviewers? Mine said I could email him directly, so I figured an email would be listed online - but I haven’t found anything.

I only found staff email addresses on their website but not the address of the DO that interviewed me

FYI I just saw my email for selecting 3rd 4th year clerkship sites, first email all application season that went to spam that shouldn't have, just in case that happens to anyone else!!

FYI I just saw my email for selecting 3rd 4th year clerkship sites, first email all application season that went to spam that shouldn't have, just in case that happens to anyone else!!
Same here. I selected Phoenix east valley for rotations

A couple days ago I got my rotation region confirmed after submitting my preferences earlier this week, I got Los Angeles <3

Yes, you have to pay the deposit first in order to get the email about rotation preferences.
I got the email and haven't paid. I'm a bit torn on where to go to school, so I haven't tried selecting rotations so maybe I wouldn't be able to actually select. Also the email was in my spam, first one all application cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email and haven't paid. I'm a bit torn on where to go to school, so I haven't tried selecting rotations so maybe I wouldn't be able to actually select. Also the email was in my spam, first one all application cycle.

+1

if accepted I have until December 14th to decide if i'm going to accept my acceptance right? (by putting down a deposit)

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have interviewed here, where else have you interviewed or expect to?

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have interviewed here, where else have you interviewed or expect to?

I have interviews at UAMS,ARCOM, NYIT Jonesboro, ATSU-SOMA BCOM and PNWUCOM. Haven't interviewed here yet( Jan) busy next couple months!

I have interviews at UAMS,ARCOM, NYIT Jonesboro, ATSU-SOMA BCOM and PNWUCOM. Haven't interviewed here yet( Jan) busy next couple months!
Wow congrats! I applied to 11 other places (CCOM, KCUMB, DMU, LMU, MSU, NOVA, ROWAN, KCOM, UNE, PCOM, LUCOM) but haven't heard anything. But i guess that's just because I was complete Late September/early October for most and still have some waiting to do :(

Wow congrats! I applied to 11 other places (CCOM, KCUMB, DMU, LMU, MSU, NOVA, ROWAN, KCOM, UNE, PCOM, LUCOM) but haven't heard anything. But i guess that's just because I was complete Late September/early October for most and still have some waiting to do :(

Yeah that's kind of late. My issue was my grades for MD schools so my first year applying to DO schools. (515 MCAT 3.3 gpa(which was much better than my AMCAS gpa) )

Hi!
Can anyone who has received the rotation preference confirm/deny spots in Chicago? Can't find anything online but have heard it from people in the past.

Thanks! :)

Hi!
Can anyone who has received the rotation preference confirm/deny spots in Chicago? Can't find anything online but have heard it from people in the past.

Yes, there are 20 rotation spots available in Chicago, as well as 4 available in Kankakee.

Is anyone aware of any Facebook group page for those who have been accepted to the class of 2022? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
withdrawing my acceptance here. got accepted to a school closer to home. Good luck everyone!

People who have interviewed here, how did you get from the airport up to Glendale? Is public transportation unreasonable? Looks like a pretty steep Lyft...

Would anybody interviewing on November 17th care to share a ride (Lyft or Uber or something) back to the airport afterwards? (sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, let me know if I should move it somewhere else!)

Would anybody interviewing on November 17th care to share a ride (Lyft or Uber or something) back to the airport afterwards? (sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, let me know if I should move it somewhere else!)
If you don’t find someone to split with you really are better off renting a car. Everything is super spread out here and it is a good 40ish minutes from the airport.

What are interviews here like? Looks like on the interview feedback page around 50% are group interviews?
I'm super excited to visit the area and I'd love to be in AZ for the next phase of my life. Any current students with some insight on what you like/what drew you to AZCOM?

Is there any paperwork we need to fill out before the interview date?

Thank you!

What are interviews here like? Looks like on the interview feedback page around 50% are group interviews?
I'm super excited to visit the area and I'd love to be in AZ for the next phase of my life. Any current students with some insight on what you like/what drew you to AZCOM?

It's a 30 minute interview with two interviewers.

Pre-II waitlist this morning! Complete last week-OOS applicant

Current M1. Typical interview is 30 mins with a 3 person panel. 2 faculty (DO/MD/PhD) and 1 student.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Public transportation is not reliable in Phoenix and the surrounding metropolitan area. The buses are usually full of homeless people, druggies, and straight up criminals. The only place that public transportation is reliable is between downtown Phoenix and Tempe, where you can use the light rail, and even that isn't safe especially for the ladies and even the gentlemen at night. There is a way to get from sky harbor to AZCOM through public transportation but it'll take you about 2 hours. I'd suggest renting a car, it'll be cheaper than using uber/lyft as the airport is about 30-45 mins away. Use the USAA Membership to avoid paying extra fees if you're under 25.

FYI, PHX no longer allows Uber’s to pick up from the airport.

Hi!

Yes, we have sites in Chicago. After your acceptance you fill out a preference site ranking and are assigned one after you pay your deposit. (M1 assigned to Chicago for rotations)

Thanks for the response! So it seems they are both fairly equal when it comes to location and proximity to the campus. Can any AZCOM student speak on the patient populations and quality of clerkships at each location?

As a general rule, E/W Valley and Chicago are typically the “best” academically speaking. Tucson is also highly ranked but people aren’t usually excited about moving to Tucson so it’s not as popular. CA sites are “lower” quality but in higher demand because of location and the large percentage on an AZCOM class from CA wanting to return.

Does anyone know if they re-evaluate everyone on the waitlist after each round of interviews?

Does anyone know if they re-evaluate everyone on the waitlist after each round of interviews?

+1

But honestly Though, I don’t think we get looked at again until January once the first couple rounds of interviews have gone out and then they see how many interview slots/seats they have left to give out. It’s better than rejected, but the waiting game is rough for the midwestern schools.

Woke up to an II this morning! Completed 10/31.

Hi Guys,
I recently paid my deposit and was assigned a midwestern email address but I can't seem to find where we go to access our midwestern email. Anyone know where to go for this?

Hi Guys,
I recently paid my deposit and was assigned a midwestern email address but I can't seem to find where we go to access our midwestern email. Anyone know where to go for this?
Log into the portal and one the left side there should be a few links and one of them will be the gmail associated with mwu. Also you could just login through gmail, use your assigned email and password you use for the portal.

Withdrawing my application and interview slot! Hope one of you guys get it soon!