2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back from 2/20 or 2/23 interview yet?
Did anyone received acceptance call for 2/20 or 2/23 interviews ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, ARCOM was my back up school
as I live in Tulsa and will need to commute. I got an invite for an interview this Friday. If anyone can point me towards posts regarding interview prep that would be great. Also, what is the current climate there for commuters? Is there any form of interactive lectures or attendance when needed? Last question is about 3rd and 4th year. Does ARCOM allow out of state rotations? I’m wondering if I can rotate through sites closer to home. Thanks in advance!
Interview is very relax, just be you and definitely know why ARCOM? Why Osteopathic Medicine? Also there's a writing prompt right before you go interview. I think they do have rotation sites in Tulsa and other places in Oklahoma if I'm not mistaken. Check their website, they should all be listed there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I am super excited to meet the current students and faculty. Our trip will be very long. Over 12+ hour car drive. My husband and I are planning to fly half way and drive the rest. But I think it will be worth the travel again to meet everyone!
Make sure you register though. Apparently, they were trying to email us the link and for some reason it didn't go through, so someone posted it on the Facebook page (in the comment section of a post talking about the event).

Hi all, ARCOM was my back up school
as I live in Tulsa and will need to commute. I got an invite for an interview this Friday. If anyone can point me towards posts regarding interview prep that would be great. Also, what is the current climate there for commuters? Is there any form of interactive lectures or attendance when needed? Last question is about 3rd and 4th year. Does ARCOM allow out of state rotations? I’m wondering if I can rotate through sites closer to home. Thanks in advance!
Clinical Rotation Sites

There are a number of OK sites, they are still adding sites

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Wow when did they add that site in Tarzana, CA? It's pretty much in the Los Angeles area, that sounds awesome .

It was probably asked by a current student. From what I hear they are very open to request by students.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email from ARCOM today about approaching the last half of the cycle so i should express my interest in wanting to remain on their waitlist or not.

Got an email from ARCOM today about approaching the last half of the cycle so i should express my interest in wanting to remain on their waitlist or not.

me too! that is the 3rd one i have gotten in the past month or so with the same message.

I didn't get it this time... might be due to sending them a letter recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same email, did you reply stating your continued interest in ARCOM?

Jk you guys! I just got the waitlist email too

The email just says reply if you are NOT interested in being on the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Did any of you accepted students get any info about getting any paperwork done? Stuff like immunizations, background check, drug testing and such?

Did any of you accepted students get any info about getting any paperwork done? Stuff like immunizations, background check, drug testing and such?
Not yet. On the accepted students group on FB, someone said they had called and that ARCOM was finalizing those documents. This was within the past week. So hopefully soon.

Just received the matriculation instructions for all of you who are accepted and haven’t checked your email yet.

Any waitlist movement this week?
You might see some movement next week because according to AAMC traffic guidelines MD schools must accept the equivalent of their class sizes by March 15, so some people will finally know if they are going DO or MD.

Reactions: 4 users
Has there even been any waitlist movement? Gotten multiple emails about remaining on the list, and I've sent a letter of intent but I've been on the list since October. Anxiety through the roof now.

Has there even been any waitlist movement? Gotten multiple emails about remaining on the list, and I've sent a letter of intent but I've been on the list since October. Anxiety through the roof now.
I havent heard anything. Super anxious here too! Looked at the boards from last year and didnt see any movement until the end of March early April.

Someone posted this earlier in this thread.

Per admissions:
“We have already started pulling from our waitlist and will continue—we definitely use our waitlist. Unfortunately it's not a ranked list (ranking would change every week) or first-on-first-off so I can't say for sure your “spot”. However, when a spot becomes available we pull off the most competitive application at that time.”

And I was accepted off the waitlist back in December. So yeah, there's been some movement as little as that may be.

Interviewed on Friday. I Was pleasantly surprised by this school!

No I’m sorry I don’t. They gave me the option of this week or next Friday so at least one more week.

No. I got wait listed after a very positive feedback from my interviewer. I have never gotten such a feedback before in my interviews. Interview was 2/6 btw. Hopefully there is movement!

Got waitlisted 2/20 after interview loved this school so much! The faculty and facilities were amazing! Loved the town as well praying for an opportunity to go here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No. I got wait listed after a very positive feedback from my interviewer. I have never gotten such a feedback before in my interviews. Interview was 2/6 btw. Hopefully there is movement!
Did you call and ask for feedback, or did they tell you right after your interview when you were there?

Any idea when the last interview day of this cycle is?

I'm interviewing at ARCOM on Friday 03/16. They put my application on hold until my new MCAT score was released in Feb (My application was complete on 09/17) They gave me 3 dates to choose from:03/06, 03/09, and 3/16 and said those were the only dates available. I assume that might mean they are at the end of the cycle for interviewing. But maybe I am wrong.

I'm interviewing at ARCOM on Friday 03/16. They put my application on hold until my new MCAT score was released in Feb (My application was complete on 09/17) They gave me 3 dates to choose from:03/06, 03/09, and 3/16 and said those were the only dates available. I assume that might mean they are at the end of the cycle for interviewing. But maybe I am wrong.
Friends since the interviews are hopefully over by now, lets keep posting whenever any one gets selected now on as the wait list should be moving faster..

Reactions: 10 users
Good luck to you guys on the waitlist and interviewing soon. I know its a stressful time, but try to stay positive!

Today, Friday 03/16 was the last day of interviews for ARCOM this cycle. The school representatives said it themselves in the group portion of the interview.

Reactions: 6 users
Is it bad if I’m wanting to choose this school over several options, even UAMS? I honestly really loved it when I was there.
Why would that be bad? We should go to the school that we can get into and feels like the best fit. ARCOM was my first interview, I loved it there and when they accepted me I pulled all my other applications and turned down interviews. I was home. Find that place for you. That place that you feel is going to help you become the kind of doctor you believe in and go for it, new or not.

Reactions: 2 users