2017-2018 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What did it entail?
It's pretty much a heads up of what to expect that day, where to meet, interview format, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What schools have sent out II's so far? LECOM, Liberty, ACOM, and BCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary yesterday and got an email this morning saying "When all of your required documents are received, including Letters of Recommendation, you will be notified within 21 business days." I know all my LORs have been uploaded to AACOMAS, so I'm guessing this is a standard message? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!!

I submitted my secondary yesterday and got an email this morning saying "When all of your required documents are received, including Letters of Recommendation, you will be notified within 21 business days." I know all my LORs have been uploaded to AACOMAS, so I'm guessing this is a standard message? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!!
Got the same email, then invite 3 days later! They have a pretty quick turnaround so you could be getting word within the next few days :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview Invite at 3:00 AM! I'm scheduled for 9/15. Earliest date was 9/11. First II of the cycle!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview Invite at 3:00 AM! I'm scheduled for 9/15. Earliest date was 9/11. First II of the cycle!!!!
Congrats - LUCOM was my first II and I had an awesome cycle :xf::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I'm excited for you :)

II today at ~3 am! interviewing Sept 25th :)

Secondary Received! True underdog, stats: 3.01ugpa, 3.7gradgpa, 2.88 overall science gpa, 3.14 overall gpa, 499Mcat.
Does anyone know how many secondary applications LUCOM sends out?

Secondary Received! True underdog, stats: 3.01ugpa, 3.7gradgpa, 2.88 overall science gpa, 3.14 overall gpa, 499Mcat.
Does anyone know how many secondary applications LUCOM sends out?
Not sure on the number, but best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you really not wear a t-shirt or shorts on campus? Is that for real?

I'm not exactly sure of the answer to this question, but I know as far as my state MD school they do not allow that. I'm assuming most medical school require a business casual attire, but that's only my assumption

Dress code is a thing, so if that's a deal breaker for you, do take that into account.

Also I finally have wifi after settling into Lynchburg, and orientation starts next week; so if people have questions, PM me or quote me and I'll try my best to answer them, I'm starting my first year.

Dress code is a thing, so if that's a deal breaker for you, do take that into account.

Also I finally have wifi after settling into Lynchburg, and orientation starts next week; so if people have questions, PM me or quote me and I'll try my best to answer them, I'm starting my first year.
Congrats on the acceptance! Sounds like an exciting time :) I interview there in a few weeks. Just curious: What initially attracted you to the school and what solidified your decision to attend?

pants or skirt? as a Christian uni, i want to be as modest as i can be. i know in some Christian communities, pants are banned. so are skirts okay?

Congrats on the acceptance! Sounds like an exciting time :) I interview there in a few weeks. Just curious: What initially attracted you to the school and what solidified your decision to attend?

Thanks! It's an exciting time alright, I'm settling into the place and I'm warming up to the area now that I'm looking around properly. Congrats on the interview by the way, and good luck! Definitely give the place a chance and if you can see yourself schooling here after your interview day, go for it once they give you their answer!

I will be the completely honest one and say that this was kind of my only acceptance, so that more or less solidified it! When I first came here, I was actually a fan of the building. It's beautiful, and one thing I noted was that they have ways to help make it work. For those entering late, there are accommodations for those who may have to bring a child to class (rooms where you can listen to lecture and have your kid nearby in case they cry if you're wondering), and everyone there when I came was friendly. Interviews did not feel like I was being drilled with questions and there was a lot of diversity when it came to the students.

If you'd like the full story of how not to do your school list a la phoenix, PM me : P I was completely prepared to be reapply and I'm not afraid to admit it, but this school came through for me (if you check last year's thread you'll see I got pulled off super late) and I'm honestly excited to start.

Reactions: 2 users
pants or skirt? as a Christian uni, i want to be as modest as i can be. i know in some Christian communities, pants are banned. so are skirts okay?

Skirts are not a problem. I'm more of a pants person but I know some people that have mostly skirts and dresses.

Thanks! It's an exciting time alright, I'm settling into the place and I'm warming up to the area now that I'm looking around properly. Congrats on the interview by the way, and good luck! Definitely give the place a chance and if you can see yourself schooling here after your interview day, go for it once they give you their answer!

I will be the completely honest one and say that this was kind of my only acceptance, so that more or less solidified it! When I first came here, I was actually a fan of the building. It's beautiful, and one thing I noted was that they have ways to help make it work. For those entering late, there are accommodations for those who may have to bring a child to class (rooms where you can listen to lecture and have your kid nearby in case they cry if you're wondering), and everyone there when I came was friendly. Interviews did not feel like I was being drilled with questions and there was a lot of diversity when it came to the students.

If you'd like the full story of how not to do your school list a la phoenix, PM me : P I was completely prepared to be reapply and I'm not afraid to admit it, but this school came through for me (if you check last year's thread you'll see I got pulled off super late) and I'm honestly excited to start.
Thank you for the tips and info! The environment and the setting of the school sound incredible. Reading your post makes me look forward to my visit even more. I appreciate you taking the time!

I submitted my secondary and got an email saying thanks for the submission and that once all my items including LORs were submitted they would let me know. When I login to my LUCOM portal it says the LORs have not been received. Does anyone know if LUCOM sees the AACOMAS LORs or do we have to send directly to the school? Also did anyone receive this same email after submitting your secondary?

I submitted my secondary and got an email saying thanks for the submission and that once all my items including LORs were submitted they would let me know. When I login to my LUCOM portal it says the LORs have not been received. Does anyone know if LUCOM sees the AACOMAS LORs or do we have to send directly to the school? Also did anyone receive this same email after submitting your secondary?
I believe a number of us received the same email. When were your letters uploaded to AACOMAS?

I believe a number of us received the same email. When were your letters uploaded to AACOMAS?
All of them were uploaded by July 15th. Some earlier than others but the last one uploaded was on the 15th. Do you have an interview scheduled?

All of them were uploaded by July 15th. Some earlier than others but the last one uploaded was on the 15th. Do you have an interview scheduled?
Hm, it's probably just a system thing. You could call and confirm if it gives you peace of mind, they're very helpful. :) I'm interviewing on Aug 17th!

Hm, it's probably just a system thing. You could call and confirm if it gives you peace of mind, they're very helpful. :) I'm interviewing on Aug 17th!
Yes I'll be giving them a call Monday morning. How soon after submitting your secondary did you receive an ii.

Yes I'll be giving them a call Monday morning. How soon after submitting your secondary did you receive an ii.
Cool. Received invite 3-4 days after

Where are you finding the admissions portal?? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it!

II this morning, secondary submitted last week! I would love to go to Liberty, I interviewed here two years ago but was really unprepared.

II this morning, secondary submitted last week! I would love to go to Liberty, I interviewed here two years ago but was really unprepared.
Congrats! What date did you select? Can you tell us how you're preparing differently this time and what you remember of your last interview?

Congrats! What date did you select? Can you tell us how you're preparing differently this time and what you remember of your last interview?

I haven't selected a date yet because the site isn't working for me :(
I remember they asked about the AHA and about my undergraduate gpa being so low, and I didn't have good/eloquent responses to either one. I just feel more mature now and able to talk about myself and my experiences

Where are you finding the admissions portal?? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it!
I simply go to claim account then click login at the right upper corner. Once I login this brings me to a page that allows me to see check marks on the items they be received and kind of where I stand in the admissions process. It won't actually tell you, under review or anything like that but at least it allows you to see the items they're missing or they haven't reviewed yet.

I remember they asked about the AHA and about my undergraduate gpa being so low, and I didn't have good/eloquent responses to either one. I just feel more mature now and able to talk about myself and my experiences
Congratulations on the ii. I also received an ii earlier this week. It may be ignorant but what is AHA?

Congrats on the II my friend! That's awesome that you have another chance to shine. Something tells me you'll crush it this time ;)

Got a II this morning. Scheduled for 9/21!!! Anybody else going on that day? I'm coming from a long ways away so meeting up with someone the day before would be pretty cool!!!

Got a II this morning. Scheduled for 9/21!!! Anybody else going on that day? I'm coming from a long ways away so meeting up with someone the day before would be pretty cool!!!
Congrats. I interview the 22nd. To be honest I am a bit nervous

Congrats. I interview the 22nd. To be honest I am a bit nervous
I am pretty nervous too since it's my first II, but I'm also very excited. This will be the first time I travel to the East Coast and first time I ride in a plane since I was 5 lol

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone provide feedback on how to properly prepare for LUCOM's interview. I have interviewed at an MD school before and got positive feedback, but I have a feeling LUCOM's interview style will be very different.

Congratulations on the ii. I also received an ii earlier this week. It may be ignorant but what is AHA?
Sorry, the affordable healthcare act (obamacare, I interviewed in 2015 and it just came out i think)

I am pretty nervous too since it's my first II, but I'm also very excited. This will be the first time I travel to the East Coast and first time I ride in a plane since I was 5 lol
You got this!! :clap: