2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The soonest one I could get was March 5th. They assigned us specific interviewers that are only available on certain days (they said that was the soonest mine was available and was only available on Mondays :( ).

Do you think we are interviewing for waitlist spots or regular spots? Its really late.
Oh wow that’s super strange ??? Now I’m even more nervous. What time did you call?

My email said interviews are Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I wonder what this means

Members don't see this ad.

Oh wow that’s super strange ??? Now I’m even more nervous. What time did you call?

My email said interviews are Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I wonder what this means

Mine also said MTW interviews, but when I asked for March 6th they said my interviewer doesn’t do that day. I called at 10 am today. Maybe I was a bit late since they open at 9 am. But yeah I’m not sure-it may happen to just be my situation because I got an interviewer that may have been a bit more booked up, but idk. If they let you choose than I guess you dont have my problem lol. But yeah I looked at previous threads and I’m just wondering if we are waitlist interviewers or being considered for a regular spot. I hope it’s the latter than the former. I’m excited though, this is my first choice-hopefully it means we have some shot.

Mine also said MTW interviews, but when I asked for March 6th they said my interviewer doesn’t do that day. I called at 10 am today. Maybe I was a bit late since they open at 9 am. But yeah I’m not sure-it may happen to just be my situation because I got an interviewer that may have been a bit more booked up, but idk. If they let you choose than I guess you dont have my problem lol. But yeah I looked at previous threads and I’m just wondering if we are waitlist interviewers or being considered for a regular spot. I hope it’s the latter than the former. I’m excited though, this is my first choice-hopefully it means we have some shot.

The schools are required by AAMC to have offered all spots by March 15, but that in no way means that they have filled all spots. They continue to interview with the knowledge that every offer will not be accepted. April 30 is the deadline for applicants to have decided on only one of the schools that have offered them a spot thus far. In other words: the applicant can only hold one spot at a medical school at that time, that doesn't mean that a final decision has to be made, just that they can only have one placeholder. Acceptances and denials continue through all of this time as spots open up and close.

Dr. Eubanks does an excellent job of explaining all of the logistics of the process during your morning Orientation at the interview. Don't fret about being "waitlist" or "regular" just yet. The night is still young! God Speed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed on Jan 8th or after that received a letter from the school yet? I know they met last Friday and I thought the decision/NFA letters would be arriving today. but it wasn’t in my mailbox :(

Has anyone that interviewed on Jan 8th or after that received a letter from the school yet? I know they met last Friday and I thought the decision/NFA letters would be arriving today. but it wasn’t in my mailbox :(

I have it on good authority the committee met today to discuss the January interviews. The person who said the committee met Jan 26th was mistaken. So expect a letter next week.

Reactions: 1 users
The committee met yesterday. Dr. Eubanks mentioned this explicitly when I interviewed.

Are you interviewing for a specific track? because this statement doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Good luck on your interview!

Are you interviewing for a specific track? because this statement doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Good luck on your interview!

Thank you, hopefully, it will go well!

Nope, just regular MD. I think we are assigned specific interviewers based on our application? Idk. They were really adamant about me only being able to schedule an interview on Mondays (wanted Tuesday because I don't work that day) because of my interviewer's availability.

I literally submitted AMCAS in November (because I'm really effing dumb)...wondering if I'll even get an II. My stats and app are pretty good :,)

congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far!

Members don't see this ad :)
I literally submitted AMCAS in November (because I'm really effing dumb)...wondering if I'll even get an II. My stats and app are pretty good :,)

I believe the interview season here ends in April, so technically you still have a chance to get an II. However, you should know that schools are required to fill their class before March 15th.

If I remember correctly, they said during the interview that their class is usually filled after the big meeting in the middle of Feb. So, if you receive an II, you are probably interviewing for the waitlist.

You still have a chance but if you don't have acceptances at other schools, you should always think about plan B. They next cycle starts in June (4 months from now), you should make sure you have a stronger application by that time.

Good luck!

Had a friend not submit their secondary until January. They got in May, it can happen.

Hi I haven't been following this thread super close so sorry if this is a repeat question. How long after confirming your interview until you get the email with instructions? I set up my interview last week but still haven't gotten an email - not sure if I should call and bother them or not. Thanks!

oh my god this gives me hope. Thank you lol. Did they have a crazy good app?
Do not know of anything extraordinary. Remember: The interview can make or break it.

Hi I haven't been following this thread super close so sorry if this is a repeat question. How long after confirming your interview until you get the email with instructions? I set up my interview last week but still haven't gotten an email - not sure if I should call and bother them or not. Thanks!
I got my email later on during the same day that I called to schedule it. I would call!

Hey guys!!! Congrats to everyone that's been accepted and best of luck to those still waiting to hear back! Just wanted to politely ask all those who have been accepted into Nola and Shreveport but know they are dead-set on going to Nola to give up their shreveport spot so people on the waitlist can also make their dreams come true!! Thanks, guys and happy Mardi Gras!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys!!! Congrats to everyone that's been accepted and best of luck to those still waiting to hear back! Just wanted to politely ask all those who have been accepted into Nola and Shreveport but know they are dead-set on going to Nola to give up their shreveport spot so people on the waitlist can also make their dreams come true!! Thanks, guys and happy Mardi Gras!!
I agree that we should help each other and make peoples dreams come true. But I don't see the point of withdrawing now instead of waiting till April 30th (amcas traffic rules). I mean would it make a difference if an accepted student withdraw now or waited until they receive their financial aid package? I might be missing something so please correct me if I'm wrong

I agree that we should help each other and make peoples dreams come true. But I don't see the point of withdrawing now instead of waiting till April 30th (amcas traffic rules). I mean would it make a difference if an accepted student withdraw now or waited until they receive their financial aid package? I might be missing something so please correct me if I'm wrong

I just feel like it’s the more considerate thing to do. Waiting until April 30th despite knowing w/o uncertainty that you’ll be attending Nola means people coming off the waitlist could find out in May/June/July. This affects people’s living arrangements, families, etc. Sure, if you’re really hoping to get a scholarship and financial aid is the main factor in your final decision, hold spots at as many schools as your heart desires. However, being on the waitlist really sucks and knowing people are holding spots for the sake of holding spots doesn’t make it any easier. Stay positive guys!!

I just feel like it’s the more considerate thing to do. Waiting until April 30th despite knowing w/o uncertainty that you’ll be attending Nola means people coming off the waitlist could find out in May/June/July. This affects people’s living arrangements, families, etc. Sure, if you’re really hoping to get a scholarship and financial aid is the main factor in your final decision, hold spots at as many schools as your heart desires. However, being on the waitlist really sucks and knowing people are holding spots for the sake of holding spots doesn’t make it any easier. Stay positive guys!!
I think I misunderstood you then. I totally agree, if you know for sure u won't attend a school regardless of how much they offer, you sure definitely withdraw.

Last edited:
does anyone know the date of the first advocacy meeting? All I know is it’s supposed to be “early February.”

does anyone know the date of the first advocacy meeting? All I know is it’s supposed to be “early February.”
I hate to share false info but I heard the advocacy meeting is today. I literally don’t know who that info originally came from though so it might not even be true

I hate to share false info but I heard the advocacy meeting is today. I literally don’t know who that info originally came from though so it might not even be true

Someone earlier on in the thread said they thought it was Feb 15. But if it actually is today, that's cool too.

Hi guys, have any of you received your letters of acceptance that interviewed Jan 30th and before that? In my interview, Dr.Eubanks mentioned that we would all know our status by the end of the next week. That is technically this week but I haven't received my letter yet. He said the committee would meet that Friday and mail letters on Tuesday if I'm not mistaken. I just wanna know where I stand at this school.

Hi guys, have any of you received your letters of acceptance that interviewed Jan 30th and before that? In my interview, Dr.Eubanks mentioned that we would all know our status by the end of the next week. That is technically this week but I haven't received my letter yet. He said the committee would meet that Friday and mail letters on Tuesday if I'm not mistaken. I just wanna know where I stand at this school.

Letters should arrive some time today or tomorrow from what I have been told.

Mardi Gras is this week so we probably shouldn’t expect to hear anything. Still haven’t heard anything from this school. Do you think it is worth calling them this afternoon or is my time here done? Last time I called they didn’t pick up and I left a message but never got a call back. Does anyone know the best way to check my status?

I know of someone who interviewed on the 31 I believe and they got their letter yesterday. Keep checking that box!

But I would like to know when anyone else gets theirs in! I’m dying from anticipation!

Today is the day, I can feel it in my bones. Just camp by that mailbox!

Reactions: 3 users
Received my acceptance letter today! Dreams do come true! Good luck to everyone and God speed!

Reactions: 3 users
Received my acceptance letter today! Dreams do come true! Good luck to everyone and God speed!
Congratulations man! That is awesome! Still waiting on my end.

Congrats! I am so excited to meet y'all in the summer.

Got my acceptance letter last night! For yall who don't get in, KEEP REAPPLYING! This is my second time, after the 32hr rule (did Tulane's Biochem Masters) I now had a 3.8 and a 506, avg volunteering, shadowing, and clinical experience, but basically no research. Congrats to my fellow classmates (can't wait to meet you all soon) and good luck to everyone else who is still interviewing/applying! GEAUX TIGERS!

Reactions: 4 users
Got my acceptance letter last night! For yall who don't get in, KEEP REAPPLYING! This is my second time, after the 32hr rule (did Tulane's Biochem Masters) I now had a 3.8 and a 506, avg volunteering, shadowing, and clinical experience, but basically no research. Congrats to my fellow classmates (can't wait to meet you all soon) and good luck to everyone else who is still interviewing/applying! GEAUX TIGERS!

Congrats!! Fellow 32 hr rule user here. Can't stress enough how golden of an opportunity it is. Not many schools out there offer such a great chance to reinvent your GPA.

Congrats to you all! I came home from school early but nothing in the mailbox yet. Hoping the mail woman comes around 12 or 1 pm. I think that is probably cut off time for me. Hope the rest of you waiting also get good news!!

Were you URM?

ACCEPTED TO MEDICAL SCHOOL at LSUNO!!! SO EXCITED!!!! Congratulations to you all and everyone waiting please never stop fighting to increase your chances of getting into medical school! For anyone interested, I interviewed Jan 31st and my letter was dated Feb 5th. I'm in Houston so it took 3 days to get to me. I assume the letter was mailed on Tuesday.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted OOS!!!!! Never been happier:) oh wow!

ACCEPTED!!!!! Now to decide between LSUNO and Tulane. URM PhD US Vet OOS

Pick LSU lol, much nicer facilities.
For an OOS student both schools have similar tuition. It will be a difficult decision to make. But I agree lsu certainly has better facilities.

ACCEPTED!!!!! Now to decide between LSUNO and Tulane. URM PhD US Vet OOS

Also, didn't see that you are a vet. LSU's VA is unbelievable and if I were a vet, I don't think I would be able to turn the opportunity to work with their VA clinic. Seems like an easy choice when you add that in.

So was the advocacy meeting last week or is it in the next couple of days?