2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! My first acceptance this cycle!! Interviewed 10/7, OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Tips for MMI? Anything would be greatly appreciated!! My interview is tomorrow, and I am a bit nervous about this type of interview

Tips for MMI? Anything would be greatly appreciated!! My interview is tomorrow, and I am a bit nervous about this type of interview

I may be biased but I thought Marian's MMI was not as intimidating as my other MMIs. I looked up how to answer MMI questions and I think it helped a lot. For example, when answering an ethical dilemma question, you should consider the worst and best outcomes of both decisions before choosing an answer (aka. the 2 x 2 design). Provide a personal experience when applicable and leave room for empathy (Putting yourself in someone else's shoes and consider how it would be different).

All of these may seem obvious, but it really helped me organize my thoughts during the interview. I hope this helps! At the end of the day, they really just want to make sure that you are an individual with feelings, can empathize with others and is sensitive to different cultures. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to the accepted students open house on the 11th? If so, are you bringing guests?

Anyone going to the accepted students open house on the 11th? If so, are you bringing guests?
I will be attending the March event. I will be bringing a guest.

I'm going! I thinking of bringing my parents. Not sure yet! Would that be fine?

Do they provide interviewer contact info after the interview to send thank you emails? Or are they not expected/accepted here?

Just curious, can you call them and ask why if you weren't selected for an interview?

I'm going! I thinking of bringing my parents. Not sure yet! Would that be fine?
I was wondering the same thing! Also, does anyone know what the attire is for open house day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they provide interviewer contact info after the interview to send thank you emails? Or are they not expected/accepted here?

I sent a thank you to the COMadmissions email, and they responded really positively and said they would add the thank you to my file. You could always search for your interviewer's email online or ask the office of admissions for their email address!

So if we accept a place on the waitlist, we will HAVE to pay $1000 if we are accepted?

Current OMS-1 here trying to avoid studying for exams by offering you all my advice! Feel free to message me with any questions you might have.

Good luck today for those that interviewed last weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
"We would like to inform you the admissions committee did not have the opportunity to review your application this week. The admissions committee will, however, review your application at one of the next two committee meetings. Thank you for your patience during this process." -MUCOM Admissions just now

"We would like to inform you the admissions committee did not have the opportunity to review your application this week. The admissions committee will, however, review your application at one of the next two committee meetings. Thank you for your patience during this process." -MUCOM Admissions just now
just got that too unfortunately. Fingers crossed for next week

Just got an acceptance email! Super excited!

Accepted today! Interviewed last Saturday, MA resident, 516/3.85. Very excited.

Hey guys, does anyone know where MUCOM's match list from last year is located? I can't seem to find it...

Last edited:
When were you 100% complete? You might want to check your portal MU-COM is usually very diligent on their 4 week notice after you're complete.
Don't think so. I've been complete for 6 weeks and nothing on the portal.

When were you 100% complete? You might want to check your portal MU-COM is usually very diligent on their 4 week notice after you're complete.

Oops. Thought this was MSU lol. I've already interviewed at Marian.

For anyone that interviewed a few weeks ago... do you remember if they said if today or this Thursday would be the next day for decisions to be sent out?

For anyone that interviewed a few weeks ago... do you remember if they said if today or this Thursday would be the next day for decisions to be sent out?

Thursday

Interviewed 2 weeks ago. Got an email last Thursday at 9:45 ish that they had not looked at my app, but no word yet

Just got my acceptance to Marian. Interviewed 11/04. Looking forward to meeting y'all next year!

Just got accepted as well! Super excited to meet all of you next year!

Waitlisted.
I know that they said about 50% of people get accepted of alternative list,

1. But does anyone know if they tell us our ranks/quartiles on the list?
2. Also do they want updates/ a letter of intent?
I really hope to get off the waitlist, but the email made it seem like we're just supposed to wait.

Waitlisted as well :( I had what I would consider one of the better interviews I have ever been on here, and I absolutely loved this school, so I'm definitely a little disheartened. Here's to hoping I make it off the WL

Last edited: