2017-2018 Oakland University (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
please send me some love OU

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did - interviewing next week!
Congrats and best wishes for your interview. if you don't mind, could you please say what your stats are and when you were complete?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you ! LizzyM ~60. Completed 7/11
OOS and ORM with a LM of 60, I can only imagine how amazing your EC's must be. Medal of honor, Nobel Prize, adopt an underserved child from China? Congrats and good luck! Crush that interview!

Reactions: 5 users
has anyone stayed or will be staying with a student host? and if so, how long did it take for them to respond to you after filling out the google doc? Thanks

OOS and ORM with a LM of 60, I can only imagine how amazing your EC's must be. Medal of honor, Nobel Prize, adopt an underserved child from China? Congrats and good luck! Crush that interview!
your post gives all the low stat applicants hope haha! Getting an II for an MD program with a LM of 60 is quite the exception, indeed, so more power to you! That's even on the slightly low-ish side for DO schools.

Should I be concerned that I was complete on 7/23/17 and still have not heard anything? LM 66 and IS.

your post gives all the low stat applicants hope haha! Getting an II for an MD program with a LM of 60 is quite the exception, indeed, so more power to you! That's even on the slightly low-ish side for DO schools.
My GPA is a 3.66. It's my MCAT that's low. But I made sure everything else was on point. Hope to the low stat-ers!!!

Haha!! Not that good but I try. I think they saw my passion for medicine more than my stats!!! I'm grateful for the II.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you do that?
No. I actually didn't expect an II so soon. It came out of the blue. Plus my mentor told me if I didn't hear back by October and November and applied in June-July, to inquire nicely about my status. But I got the II early last month - first week of September!

Send a nice email to check your status. Or give them a call!
I would wait until November. I was complete in July. My friend last year was complete in August and he didn't get an II until December.

Completely in love with this school. 4-5 weeks can't come soon enough :/
Adcom did mention they'll start using the Twitter account, so let's see!

Completely in love with this school. 4-5 weeks can't come soon enough :/
Adcom did mention they'll start using the Twitter account, so let's see!

Same, I loved the school and everyone I met. Doesn't hurt that it's 10 minutes from my house. If I'm blessed with an acceptance, I'd almost 100% wanna go here

I was also really impressed with this school! Although it's not as highly ranked as other schools I applied to, the investment they place in their students is very impressive and draws me towards it

Hi Everyone! I hope the application season has been going well so far, I know how stressful it can be. I'm a current student at OUWB and I'd be happy to answer any lingering questions anyone has. It looks like some of my peers have already stepped into this thread and offered to answer any questions as well. I felt motivated to jump in and maybe offer a different perspective. While many of the students here are happy, there is an equal number that are not. What you see on SDN and experience on interview days is very one sided and doesn't give you a realistic picture of what it's like to be there, and this is referring to pretty much every med school not just OUWB.

Had someone given me the "real" picture (or at least my perspective of it now) of what it's like to be at OUWB, I would have gone with another one of my offers. Obviously for this reason I'd like to stay anonymous and not give out too many specific details about myself, but I can answer questions about the pre-clinical years, taking step 1, Beaumont, the area around OU or Beaumont, etc. I'd be more than happy (would prefer, honestly) to answer via PMs as well. I don't want to give off the impression that I hate OUWB or trying to slam it by any means - I just wish someone would have been honest with me when I was making my decision on what school to attend and I don't want someone to go through that same experience and regret as I did.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi Everyone! I hope the application season has been going well so far, I know how stressful it can be. I'm a current student at OUWB and I'd be happy to answer any lingering questions anyone has. It looks like some of my peers have already stepped into this thread and offered to answer any questions as well. I felt motivated to jump in and maybe offer a different perspective. While many of the students here are happy, there is an equal number that are not. What you see on SDN and experience on interview days is very one sided and doesn't give you a realistic picture of what it's like to be there, and this is referring to pretty much every med school not just OUWB.

Had someone given me the "real" picture (or at least my perspective of it now) of what it's like to be at OUWB, I would have gone with another one of my offers. Obviously for this reason I'd like to stay anonymous and not give out too many specific details about myself, but I can answer questions about the pre-clinical years, taking step 1, Beaumont, the area around OU or Beaumont, etc. I'd be more than happy (would prefer, honestly) to answer via PMs as well. I don't want to give off the impression that I hate OUWB or trying to slam it by any means - I just wish someone would have been honest with me when I was making my decision on what school to attend and I don't want someone to go through that same experience and regret as I did.

Can you please elaborate on what you don't like about it

Can you please elaborate on what you don't like about it

I second this. I think we all want to respect your privacy, but everyone on this thread has an interest in this school for one reason or another so any type of insight you could add that would benefit everyone applying would be really helpful without everyone having to PM you. Maybe not specifics, but some general details, if you feel like you can!

I'm curious to get your perspectives as well. I've heard nothing but good things about the school, but what are some of the things that need improvement? Let me know if you want me to PM you - I don't want your inbox to blow up!

I would also like to hear your side!

II yesterday! URM, 63 LM, great ECs/LORs, no ties to Detroit.

edit: submitted 7/13/17

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody know if they will begin to release admission decisions on Monday?

hey guys! first year here.. I can totally empathize with medstudent890 - med school is hard but I love OUWB. I chose this school over other offers and have never looked back. i think you're going to get mixed feelings from students anywhere, which is why it is so important to make sure you really identify with a school's culture and mission before choosing to attend. i would also be willing to answer any questions with total honesty. good luck in the application cycle!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed at OUWB on Friday and I loved it. This school is awesome. Hoping for an acceptance !!!

Accepted via phonecall!!! And I only interviewed 2 weeks ago!!!!! Brb while I ugly cry in public

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted via phonecall!!! And I only interviewed 2 weeks ago!!!!! Brb while I ugly cry in public
Congratulations!! I think I interviewed on the same day. What time did you get a call?

Accepted!! +1 on the public ugly crying

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted on Monday at 10 AM- PST. Interviewed first day (Sept 8). CA resident. LizzyM 69. Loved the school and the interview day.

Just got rejected pre-interview, IS 509/ 3.75

Just got the acceptance phone call!! It feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off my chest. God is good! I wish all of you the best of luck and hope you receive some great news soon.

Reactions: 13 users
When you get a phone call from their area code and it's a sales call :(

is it safe to assume if I was complete in mid-july and drowning in silence, that my application has already been reviewed but adcom has put me on "hold" as they can't decide whether to reject me pre-II or not LOL. Does this school actually send official "hold" emails? Any other peeps complete in mid-july and also waiting for any kind of response?

is it safe to assume if I was complete in mid-july and drowning in silence, that my application has already been reviewed but adcom has put me on "hold" as they can't decide whether to reject me pre-II or not LOL. Does this school actually send official "hold" emails? Any other peeps complete in mid-july and also waiting for any kind of response?

Yeah havent heard anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile