Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Placed on pre-II hold this morning. Complete late September. LM 75. OOS.
Hold this morning. Complete 07/24. Did anyone get rejected yet? or do they place applicants on hold until forever?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II hold. Complete sometime in July.
Hold.
Just accepted! Interviewed in late September.
Congratulations! Were you notified via email?Just accepted! Interviewed in late September.
Accepted, also a late September interview 🙂
Yep!Congratulations! Were you notified via email?
Accepted!!!!! Holy **** I'm gonna be a doctor! 🙂
Accepted!! First one! Interviewed 10/25 and found out via email!
Accepted - this is real . Interviewed 10/26 ....LizzyM 66-67. It only takes one guys ....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Also wondering this....been complete since August and no hold or anything. Wondering if they have a separate reject pile they just haven't notified yet.Hold this morning. Complete 07/24. Did anyone get rejected yet? or do they place applicants on hold until forever?
Accepted 10 weeks and 2 days after my interview... for those of you who are waiting, hang in there!!!
+1Also wondering this....been complete since August and no hold or anything. Wondering if they have a separate reject pile they just haven't notified yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I interviewed 10/18 and I was checking my portal stuff. I only just noticed under the interview tab there was a post interview survey.. it says "in order to complete the applications process, please take a few minutes to answer the survey" I only just saw this, so I obviously haven't done it 🙁 did anyone else see or do/not do this survey??
Hey guys, I interviewed 10/18 and I was checking my portal stuff. I only just noticed under the interview tab there was a post interview survey.. it says "in order to complete the applications process, please take a few minutes to answer the survey" I only just saw this, so I obviously haven't done it 🙁 did anyone else see or do/not do this survey??
Lol I interviewed 10/9 and just completed it. Welp.
I didn’t notice it was there until over a month after I interviewed, just got accepted today. I wouldn’t stress about it!Hey guys, I interviewed 10/18 and I was checking my portal stuff. I only just noticed under the interview tab there was a post interview survey.. it says "in order to complete the applications process, please take a few minutes to answer the survey" I only just saw this, so I obviously haven't done it 🙁 did anyone else see or do/not do this survey??
Ok, thank you and congrats!!
Also all the people accepted today congrats, did you guys interview in the morning or afternoon?
Also all the people accepted today congrats, did you guys interview in the morning or afternoon?
I just checked and I never completed the survey (whoops) and just got accepted this morning -- I would still complete it but definitely not worry about it!Ok, thank you and congrats!!
Also all the people accepted today congrats, did you guys interview in the morning or afternoon?
I was an afternoon interviewee. 🙂
Has anyone heard of a post-interview rejection? Or do all interviewees who do not get accepted receive a post-interview hold?
Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook group yet?
Has anyone heard of a post-interview rejection? Or do all interviewees who do not get accepted receive a post-interview hold?
I don't know the specifics, but I received a committee hold notification yesterday, following my 10/2 interview.
did you think your interview went ok? Or do you think it was something else?I don't know the specifics, but I received a committee hold notification yesterday, following my 10/2 interview.
did you think your interview went ok? Or do you think it was something else?
Yeah, I think my interview went really well. After going on 6 of them, I find my thoughts regarding how they went vs. the decision outcome quite arbitrary at this point.
Congrats on the IIs/acceptances! Has anyone that interviewed been put on hold prior to their II/know of anyone that has? I was complete 8/3 and I have been on hold since 10/13. Starting to lose hope here which is a bummer since this was tied for my top choice school and I was recently rejected from the other lol. Woooo med school
haven't heard anything since august
Accepted on friday (forgot to post, oops.) Interviewed 10/13. Interesting considering that I thought one of my interviews was pretty terrible
What made you feel that it was pretty terrible? Just asking for curiosity
I think the average response time post interview is 8 weeks right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II offer yesterday, (OOS Lizzy M ~75). You have to do it within 6 weeks from your offer, and flights are crazy $$$$$ since its the holidays.... most likely withdrawing... too broke for this lol. Good luck to everyone!!
Congrats on the offer! Were you put on hold previously?
I don't think so! I did not receive an e-mail saying I was and I did not notice anything on the portal (not sure where it says for this school). However, I did complete in July so definitely possible that I was.Congrats on the offer! Were you put on hold previously?
I don't think so! I did not receive an e-mail saying I was and I did not notice anything on the portal (not sure where it says for this school). However, I did complete in July so definitely possible that I was.
Ok thank you!! Good luck!!
The one interviewer was great, had lots of awesome questions about my app and my life other than medical school. Showed me around his department while asking me questions for the second half of the interview because he thought it would be cool for me to see some things I didn't get to on the tour.What made you feel that it was pretty terrible? Just asking for curiosity
My second one was just all around horrible. Asked me why I didn't go to a better undergraduate institution (I went to Penn State...), asked why I wasn't "at least" in PSU's honors college, GRILLED about lack of research (which I expected questions about in the majority of my interviews but focused on the lack of it for a good 5 minutes). Then proceeded to tell me that his child had gotten so many scholarships to PSU that they had to give money back. The interview probably lasted a max of 20 mins. Left there almost positive it was going to be a rejection.
Last edited:
Then proceeded to tell me that his daughter had gotten so many scholarships to PSU that they had to give him money back.
I would have to really bite my tongue to not respond to that with "yeah, the 2/3 tuition discount that PSU gives to the kids of faculty and staff it really generous. It must be super helpful to not really need very much scholarship money to cover the remaining tuition and get some money refunded."
It was certainly difficult, I can tell you that muchI would have to really bite my tongue to not respond to that with "yeah, the 2/3 tuition discount that PSU gives to the kids of faculty and staff it really generous. It must be super helpful to not really need very much scholarship money to cover the remaining tuition and get some money refunded."
The one interviewer was great, had lots of awesome questions about my app and my life other than medical school. Showed me around his department while asking me questions for the second half of the interview because he thought it would be cool for me to see some things I didn't get to on the tour.
Then my interview with the adcom member was just all around horrible. Asked me why I didn't go to a better undergraduate institution (I went to Penn State...), asked why I wasn't "at least" in PSU's honors college, GRILLED about lack of research (which I expected questions about but he focused on the lack of it for a good 5 minutes). Then proceeded to tell me that his daughter had gotten so many scholarships to PSU that they had to give him money back. The interview probably lasted a max of 20 mins. Left there almost positive it was going to be a rejection.
With your acceptance, I wish one of my interviews went that way too. Both of mine felt like they went like your first one, but only time will tell what impact that had.
+1II just now, OOS, Complete mid July
II today! OOS, ORM, 515+, 3.8+, complete very early
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/18 heard back? Also, is there a specific day of the week that Penn State releases admission decisions, or can it be any weekday?
I think it takes around 8 weeks and usually comes out Thursday/Fridays from what I've seenHas anyone who interviewed on 10/18 heard back? Also, is there a specific day of the week that Penn State releases admission decisions, or can it be any weekday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/18 heard back? Also, is there a specific day of the week that Penn State releases admission decisions, or can it be any weekday?
Read older posts. A lot of people who interviewed the week of Oct 18, 20 were accepted.
I remember being told they don't put much weight on IS at a program I was in last summer. I don't recall that being brought back up on interview day but I doubt that's changed in a year.Can anyone speak to the IS/OOS ratio of the student body? More so, since Penn State is a state school do they look to admit more IS than OOS or is it pretty equal?