You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Complete date? Congrats!!II Today!!!!! 3.96 gpa, 4.0sgpa, 507 mcat !
THANKS 🙂 I was complete around august 26!Complete date? Congrats!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In state?
Nope from Jersey!!
Just one on one. Very chill. 🙂For people who recently interviewed here, were the interviews group with multiple faculty members or just one on one?!
Awesome thanks!! 🙂Just one on one. Very chill. 🙂
II today. Secondary completed on 10/7. 3.9 sGPA, 3.5 non-scienceGPA (So low overall due to transfer credits). 507 MCAT and that is even with a 122 on CARS. So even if you bomb a section, seems like there is still hope!
congrats!! if you dont mind me asking, were you instate or out of state? URM/ORM?
II Today!!!!! 3.96 gpa, 4.0sgpa, 507 mcat !
Just wondering if you had been put on hold before?
Just wondering if you had been put on hold before?
Nope I was not put on hold before !
congrats!! if you dont mind me asking, were you instate or out of state? URM/ORM?
I’m instate and not URM
I was reading their website and wanted to clarify something: does anyone know if the Patients as Teachers Project is the same as the patient navigator program?
Thinking back to interview day, I believe these are separate programs. Someone else might be able to correct me, though. 🙂I was reading their website and wanted to clarify something: does anyone know if the Patients as Teachers Project is the same as the patient navigator program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for replying!Thinking back to interview day, I believe these are separate programs. Someone else might be able to correct me, though. 🙂
In their Phase 1 curriculum description, they mention that the PAT Project is under the "Humanities and Health Thread," while students serve as patient navigators under the "Science of Health Systems Curriculum" so I assumed they were two separate programs; however, they do sound kind of similar based on the video/text descriptions, so I wanted to make sure haha. Don't want to awkwardly mix them up during my interviews.
I totally understand! If it helps, I believe we had the presentation (which included mention of these projects/programs) before our interviews, so you'd get an overview to help keep it straight 😉 Of course, that's reliant on being an afternoon interviewee...Thanks for replying!
In their Phase 1 curriculum description, they mention that the PAT Project is under the "Humanities and Health Thread," while students serve as patient navigators under the "Science of Health Systems Curriculum" so I assumed they were two separate programs; however, they do sound kind of similar based on the video/text descriptions, so I wanted to make sure haha. Don't want to awkwardly mix them up during my interviews.
I totally understand! If it helps, I believe we had the presentation (which included mention of these projects/programs) before our interviews, so you'd get an overview to help keep it straight 😉 Of course, that's reliant on being an afternoon interviewee...
Good point! I happened to have scheduled my interviews for the afternoon, so I’ll make sure to pay extra attention to the presentation. Thanks again! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Accepted via email! Interviewed 9/11
Silly question, but did you have an additional info tab appear a few weeks before acceptance? And what are your stats .
Finally , CONGRATULATIONS future Dr. !!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
do they do silent rejections lol
I was reading their website and wanted to clarify something: does anyone know if the Patients as Teachers Project is the same as the patient navigator program?
Sorry I did not get to reply sooner. Patients as Teachers and Patient Navigation are completely separate programs. You have to do both starting pretty early in your first year.
EDIT: to clarify the differences:
Patients as Teachers = students in pairs are assigned to a patient. Students meet with their patient multiple times throughout the year and learn from the patient about the challenges they might have faced as part of the medical system. At the end of the year you make some sort of a creative gift for your patient to thank them.
Patient navigation = groups of students are assigned to various sites in the hospital/in the area. You have to be at your site 8-12 hours a month and while there, you pretty much help out the staff with quite literally navigating patients through the medical system (responsibilities vary based on site but it can be stuff like making pre-op/post-op calls, calling patients to check in on them/make sure they're taking their meds, going to appointments with patients, etc).
Last edited:
Sorry I did not get to reply sooner. Patients as Teachers and Patient Navigation are completely separate programs. You have to do both starting pretty early in your first year.
EDIT: to clarify the differences:
Patients as Teachers = students in pairs are assigned to a patient. Students meet with their patient multiple times throughout the year and learn from the patient about the challenges they might have faced as part of the medical system. At the end of the year you make some sort of a creative gift for your patient to thank them.
Patient navigation = groups of students are assigned to various sites in the hospital/in the area. You have to be at your site 8-12 hours a month and while there, you pretty much help out the staff with quite literally navigating patients through the medical system (responsibilities vary based on site but it can be stuff like making pre-op/post-op calls, calling patients to check in on them/make sure they're taking their meds, going to appointments with patients, etc).
Thank you so much for the detailed response. Really appreciate it!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completed Sep 11 and nothing yet!! Come on Penn State! Show me some love!! Send me my II!! 😍
Awww I'm still hoping for love from this school! The best doctor I know went to Penn state and it would be such an honor for me to get a II here. I'm OOS so I know it's a long shot but it's not over till I get that R!
Awww I'm still hoping for love from this school! The best doctor I know went to Penn state and it would be such an honor for me to get a II here. I'm OOS so I know it's a long shot but it's not over till I get that R!
****, I'm IS, all my stats are above their median, strong Ex's, and a veteran. Complete 8/5 and silence. It' really starting to get to me.
I hope you hear something good soon! *sending positive vibes*****, I'm IS, all my stats are above their median, strong Ex's, and a veteran. Complete 8/5 and silence. It' really starting to get to me.
II this morning! Complete here 9/7, OOS (NJ), and was not on hold or at least didn't receive notification of being placed on hold.
Only interview dates available on calendar were 12/6 and 12/8. Jan/Feb/March may not be open yet, but there were no dates.
Only interview dates available on calendar were 12/6 and 12/8. Jan/Feb/March may not be open yet, but there were no dates.
Does anyone know if the tour is inside? Trying to decide if I should wear one inside or just leave it in the car before going in.
edit: ... I meant wear a coat, oops.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edit: ... I meant wear a coat, oops.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:
It's mainly inside, but you pass through outside at times to take short cuts. Don't think you'd need a jacket, but Linda, at admissions office, is very nice and offers to take your coats if you have at the beginning of the day!Does anyone know if the tour is inside? Trying to decide if I should wear one inside or just leave it in the car before going in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's mainly inside, but you pass through outside at times to take short cuts. Don't think you'd need a jacket, but Linda, at admissions office, is very nice and offers to take your coats if you have at the beginning of the day!
Perfect thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bruhhhhh. still waiting
Has anyone who was complete mid August been rejected yet? Trying to decide if my silence is a silent rejection :|
Has anyone who was complete mid August been rejected yet? Trying to decide if my silence is a silent rejection :|
Complete beginning of Aug....silence
Any MSTP people heard anything post-interview?
Was it a Tab or an email? I wouldn't lose hope yet!Just been put on hold . Not sure whether to remain hopeful or not.
Just been put on hold . Not sure whether to remain hopeful or not.
There still is hope! When were you complete?
If I've heard nothing since submitting in July does that mean a rejection is coming? :/
Put on hold today via email and in the portal. OOS, I never got an actual complete email, but I may have been complete at the beginning of October.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was it a Tab or an email? I wouldn't lose hope yet!
By tab, you meant the portal, then both email and portal.
There still is hope! When were you complete?
I completed early September.
Pre-II hold today. Complete 08/01. OOS. URM
From what I can tell, being on pre-II hold means that you will either get an II in Late January or February, or they'll run out the clock and give you an R in late March.
So there's still a chance!
I submitted early/mid Sep and still silence... it's killing me!!! talk about serious anxiety!!
What I have noticed is that there have been a ton of pre-II holds, very little rejections, and a bunch of silence posted on this thread. I have been complete since the middle of August without a reply, and I have no idea if that is a good or bad thing. My heart says good, but my brain says bad.