2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What I have noticed is that there have been a ton of pre-II holds, very little rejections, and a bunch of silence posted on this thread. I have been complete since the middle of August without a reply, and I have no idea if that is a good or bad thing. My heart says good, but my brain says bad.

I was complete late august and due to the fact that it seems many people have gotten interviews that submitted after me, I'm gonna go with silence = bad :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From last year's trend it seems to be rather neutral. Many people on silence were given II's in the coming months.

Since it looks like you investigated, does being on hold appear to be more positive than natural then?

II

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II today :D IS, LM 82.4, complete 11/11....... so if you applied last minute, there's hope

Last edited:
II today :D IS, mcat 525, gpa 3.94, complete 11/11....... so if you applied last minute, there's hope
there's hope . . . if you have a 99-100th % MCAT

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have any advice on interviews, aside from what's already been said?

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody have any advice on interviews, aside from what's already been said?
Someone might have said this already, but I'd think about what makes you a fun or interesting person outside premed-type stuff. :) Both my interviewers were very friendly and wanted to get to know me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Coming up on 10 weeks post-interview and still nada... the suspense is killing me :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 5 users
II! Dates were available for mid Dec. Complete in July

Reactions: 2 users
II today! Application completed mid Sept. OOS, reapp and MCAT 507, GPA 3.5

Reactions: 5 users
Any recommendations on how to get to the school from NYC? I don't drive. Since the school is close to Hershey Park, I thought I might find a tour bus- but they all came with a package deal...

Any recommendations on how to get to the school from NYC? I don't drive. Since the school is close to Hershey Park, I thought I might find a tour bus- but they all came with a package deal...

Am track to Harrisburg (~$40) and then an Uber to Hershey (~$20).

Alternatively to the Uber you can take a Harrisburg city bus if you are coming in on a week day but Uber makes life easier.

If you want to save money and not stay with student , look into econolodge Hershey. It’s a low end hotel but I found it comfortable and it’s right across the street from the hospital ( 10 min walk)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

wait do they accept updates?

At the interview they said no, meaning anything new you give them will not improve your chances for an interview or acceptance.

But looking at the past threads some have eluded to that after apr 30th they accept post II LOI.

Am track to Harrisburg (~$40) and then an Uber to Hershey (~$20).

Alternatively to the Uber you can take a Harrisburg city bus if you are coming in on a week day but Uber makes life easier.

If you want to save money and not stay with student , look into econolodge Hershey. It’s a low end hotel but I found it comfortable and it’s right across the street from the hospital ( 10 min walk)

Thank you- this is helpful. I signed up to stay with a student, I wanted to use the opportunity to get informal experiences from students. Did you interview 8a or 10a? For faculty interviews, did they go over the hour alloted? will they let you go over? Im a talker, and I have a hard time staying on topic. Any advice?

NYC traveler as well--was wondering the same thing so I called the admissions office to ask for their advice. Planning on Amtrak to Harrisburg then uber from there to Hershey. Last train back leaves Harrisburg at 5:30 on the day I'm leaving (I'm an afternoon interviewee so ends around 4:15) and the coordinator told me that I wouldn't have any problem making the train back to NYC in time.

Hope this helps!

I interviewed here on 10/16, has anyone heard back yet that interviewed around that same time?

I interviewed here on 10/16, has anyone heard back yet that interviewed around that same time?

I interviewed 10/20. If memory serves from interview day, I believe admissions meets towards the very end of the month to decide on interviewees. Hopefully us October folks are topic of discussion at the end of this month.

Looks like they met on the first Thursday of the month in November. I was thinking we may hear on 12/7, but hoping you're right!

As far as I see no acceptances have been given out as of yet , right ?

NYC traveler as well--was wondering the same thing so I called the admissions office to ask for their advice. Planning on Amtrak to Harrisburg then uber from there to Hershey. Last train back leaves Harrisburg at 5:30 on the day I'm leaving (I'm an afternoon interviewee so ends around 4:15) and the coordinator told me that I wouldn't have any problem making the train back to NYC in time.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. Did you opt to stay with a current student? I put my request in on Monday, have not heard back from anyone. Should I expect to arrive the day before interview and leave immediately after?

Thank you. Did you opt to stay with a current student? I put my request in on Monday, have not heard back from anyone. Should I expect to arrive the day before interview and leave immediately after?
I didn't opt to stay with a student--I have family in the area. Arrive day before and leave immediately after would be my best guess for what you should expect.

II!! So excited!!

But honestly, I am broke from interviews and not sure if this one is worth it :/ Can any current students shed some light on why this school is so awesome? Thanks!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! Were you previously put on hold? Just trying to figure out if being put on hold or being in silence has any significance hah
I was not on hold, but complete since July. Hang in there!!

II!! So excited!!

But honestly, I am broke from interviews and not sure if this one is worth it :/ Can any current students shed some light on why this school is so awesome? Thanks!!

IF you have other options.. release the interview spot so some other sucker can interview :)

Any current students available to speak about their experience at this school? I'd like to have a candid conversation- please message me. Thank you.

I take it that hold status is pretty obvious? I checked my portal and didn't see anything. . . complete 7/14

Thank you- this is helpful. I signed up to stay with a student, I wanted to use the opportunity to get informal experiences from students. Did you interview 8a or 10a? For faculty interviews, did they go over the hour alloted? will they let you go over? Im a talker, and I have a hard time staying on topic. Any advice?

I interview on 11/20 and both of my interviews were very casual and open. The interviewers both had a handful of things written down that they wanted to talk about and get more information on from my application. Neither one of the interviews went longer than 35 - 40 minutes, and it seemed like everyone else in my group went the same length. My second interview was actually cut off around 35ish mark. So I would say to try and stay on topic as much as you can but if you go off on a tangent its not the end of the world because it is pretty conversational.