-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same, this had me so tight. Are they seriously trying to punish applicants for a mistake made on their part? Oh hell no!Sent an email requesting a refund. I suggest we (those affected by the dual degree debacle) flood them with emails and sign the petition.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your portal would have also been changed. Did you check it periodically before you were withdrawn?I just had my application withdrawn because apparently I never responded to the II they sent me.
I checked my email—spam, archive, deleted emails, everything, back to July. No II email from them whatsoever. What gives???
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your portal would have also been changed. Did you check it periodically before you were withdrawn?
No—the email says specifically that they had “emailed the interview invitation to this email address”. I had called like 4 times since September. Every time they said I didn’t have an II.
Checking the portal to every school became way too tedious after September.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No—the email says specifically that they had “emailed the interview invitation to this email address”. I had called like 4 times since September. Every time they said I didn’t have an II.
Checking the portal to every school became way too tedious after September.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would call and explain that you never received the invitation and see if they are understanding. You have nothing to lose from it at this point.
8
878956
I would call and explain that you never received the invitation and see if they are understanding. You have nothing to lose from it at this point.
I would do this sooner than later as their last interviews are next week.
Check your "communication status" on the portal. It list any emails they sent. If interview invitation is not there, let em know
Right, I see an email sent March 1st that was never sent to my actual email. It says it was sent on the portal, but not to my AMCAS email.
When I search the name of the email address that Hershey uses to communicate things, I only get 4 emails on my inbox (globally across spam, trash etc): AMCAS confirmation, Secondary invite, Secondary confirmation, Withdrawal notice.
On the portal, it’s those four, and an interview March 1st. How crazy is this.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on the facebook group (which is not the most accurate measure but where else to look?), there's 94 people in the class.Does anyone know the percentage of students accepted this year or how filled up the class is?
II yesterday! There were three dates left, March 14, 16, and the 26
D
deleted466839
Congratulations!! Were you put on hold? If so when? IS/OOS?II yesterday! There were three dates left, March 14, 16, and the 26
Congratulations!! Were you put on hold? If so when? IS/OOS?
I was never put on hold, just silence since I was complete! I'm IS.
recent II and I am super excited! Any tips or hotel recommendations?
I'm sorry to hear about the application debacle for so many of you....
For those of us who are still on the merry-go-round, I got an II invite yesterday morning, took the Wednesday date. I'll be staying in town after the interview as well if anyone wants to grab a drink and dinner. Just pm me
For those of us who are still on the merry-go-round, I got an II invite yesterday morning, took the Wednesday date. I'll be staying in town after the interview as well if anyone wants to grab a drink and dinner. Just pm me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted466839
[p0-cv
Were either of you put on hold? If so when? IS?
recent II and I am super excited! Any tips or hotel recommendations?
I'm sorry to hear about the application debacle for so many of you....
For those of us who are still on the merry-go-round, I got an II invite yesterday morning, took the Wednesday date. I'll be staying in town after the interview as well if anyone wants to grab a drink and dinner. Just pm me
Were either of you put on hold? If so when? IS?
I stayed at the Day Inn-Hershey because they have a shuttle that picks you up from the Harrisburg airport, takes you to the interview, and then picks you up from the medical center and takes you back to the airport. The $52/night rate as an interviewee/being associated with Penn State was also pretty nice.recent II and I am super excited! Any tips or hotel recommendations?
I'm OOS, submitted late July. Radio silence since July then a II this week

170 applications supposedly were missed. I'm glad that they are refunding us! That is $20,230 in refunds. . . ouch.All those who got jipped by Penn State, we’re getting our money back ya’ll! All $109 of it. Good work guys![]()
8
878956
170 applications supposedly were missed. I'm glad that they are refunding us! That is $20,230 in refunds. . . ouch.
Nothing in comparison to the total amount of revenue made from ~ 7000 applications.
All those who got jipped by Penn State, we’re getting our money back ya’ll! All $109 of it. Good work guys![]()
Seriously though, a big thank you to all those who called/emailed them about it - grateful that PSU did the right thing (eventually), but not a foregone conclusion that they would have otherwise
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewing here tomorrow and inexplicably super nervous. Anyone have any last minute sage advice?
Interviewing here tomorrow and inexplicably super nervous. Anyone have any last minute sage advice?
Ask them about their dual degree programs.
Ask them about their dual degree programs.
There was supposed to be a wink-emoji in my previous post. .. not sure what happened there.
Interviewing here tomorrow and inexplicably super nervous. Anyone have any last minute sage advice?
Interview is very laid back have responses ready for why medicine/why penn state, but I was never asked this during either of my interviews and know your application well. Most people, including myself, were interviewed by someone that had their AMCAS app printed out and were just flipping through asking questions!
Interview is very laid back have responses ready for why medicine/why penn state, but I was never asked this during either of my interviews and know your application well. Most people, including myself, were interviewed by someone that had their AMCAS app printed out and were just flipping through asking questions!
Yes, this was the first school I interviewed at that didn't ask the "why medicine" question, and it kind of took me by surprise! I kind of tried to work it into my answers, but it was generally conversational.