2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just read over the Hold e-mail and it seems like we're not even going to be contacted until like after April 30...it says:

"Should your application remain active beyond the AMCAS reporting date of April 30, 2018, you will remain in the Hold category. If there are withdrawals prior to the start of classes, you may be considered for a position in the Entering Class of 2018. During this period it is important that the Office of Medical Student Admissions has an updated mailing address and phone number where you can be contacted."

If that's the case, I'm probably going to withdraw from this school.

My guess is that it's an insurance policy in case all hell breaks loose, and they aren't able to fill their seats with their previous interviewees. So for example, a meteor hits California, and they lose half of their admitted students ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Who has received an II lately? When did you receive it & which dates were available?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the process of gaining admission to the University Park program if you've already been accepted at Hershey and indicated interest in the program?

Does anyone know the process of gaining admission to the University Park program if you've already been accepted at Hershey and indicated interest in the program?
Also curious about this!

The secondary looked like they would re-review the special essay you wrote about the Univ. Park program if the school accepted you and then make a decision.
(But that is just what I recall from the app and looking into what University Park was, I’m not 100% sure)

Planning on canceling my interview, hopes one of you hopefuls get the spot

Reactions: 5 users
So I know they said 10-12 weeks for a post-II decision, so does that mean we can get an initial decision after the 4/30 decision deadline?

Congrats on being accepted to PSCOM! I’m an MS1 at UP and can explain the process. To be considered for UP you need to show interest via email and attend one of the two UP Preview admissions events. The event will give an opportunity to learn about the program and the culture here and give a chance to determine mutual fit. After attending the event in University Park, the admissions team will make a decision shortly thereafter and inform you. Even if you did not initially mark interest in UP on your secondary application for PSCOM, you can still show interest now and be considered. Feel free to DM me and I can connect you with the admissions team at UP or answer any other questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, this is my first MD II this cycle. Ik it’s late in the process but I’m super excited and thankful for the opportunity. II scheduled soon. If anyone who interviewed wants to PM me advice, that would be really appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Wow, this is my first MD II this cycle. Ik it’s late in the process but I’m super excited and thankful for the opportunity. II scheduled soon. If anyone who interviewed wants to PM me advice, that would be really appreciated!

Congratulations!! When did you get the II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! When is it scheduled for?

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning, won’t be attending and withdrew my app. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 6 users

II this morning, won’t be attending and withdrew my app. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

were either of you on hold?

II! So excited!! LM ~ 72-74 (MCAT 516 GPA 3.84) and placed on hold last month.

Reactions: 4 users
still hopeful, only have waitlists so far so more II would be nice

Reactions: 5 users
So I know they said 10-12 weeks for a post-II decision, so does that mean we can get an initial decision after the 4/30 decision deadline?

I wouldn't think so. I think they have to let you know before then as per AAMC rules (but I'm not an expert). However, I was just commenting to say that they also told me 10-12 weeks and it only took 6 weeks.

I wish they accepted updates
yeah.. I asked again today.. they said only transcripts.. also they said they will send out interviews until 19th. So really hoping to hear before that!!

yeah.. I asked again today.. they said only transcripts.. also they said they will send out interviews until 19th. So really hoping to hear before that!!

Praying with all my might for the next 5 days!!!! At least we know that if we don't hear back on the 19th... the door is closed.

Hey! I was put on hold 10/13/17 and didn't submit any updates but just got an interview today. The only two dates left for interview are the 23rd and 28th of March! They conduct interviews on Wed and Fridays!

Edit: forgot to mention was put on hold pre-II

Reactions: 4 users
I know PSU interviews through 3/30. Anyone know when their last round of interview invites go out, if they haven't gone out already?

Hey! I was put on hold 10/13/17 and didn't submit any updates but just got an interview today. The only two dates left for interview are the 23rd and 28th of March! They conduct interviews on Wed and Fridays!

Edit: forgot to mention was put on hold pre-II
+1 put on hold 11/20, II this morning, LizzyM ~69

On that note, does anybody have a recommended hotel?

The details are earlier in the thread, but there's a days inn in town which gives you a super discounted rate if you tell them you're interviewing at the school.

Does anyone know when post II decisions come out? I know that AMCAS deadline is today for notifying accepted students but it's been 7 weeks since my interview and I still have no results...Does this mean a wait list or a hold? :(

Does anyone know when post II decisions come out? I know that AMCAS deadline is today for notifying accepted students but it's been 7 weeks since my interview and I still have no results...Does this mean a wait list or a hold? :(

No, today is not the deadline for notifying accepted students. Today is the day they have to have issued a number of acceptances equal to the size of their entering class. Every school has to issue more acceptances than their class size because nobody has 100% yield (i.e. # acceptance offers/# people taking the offer). Just because they have to have given out that many acceptances by this date doesn't mean they are done giving them all out. There are still people interviewing up through the end of this month! It's not over til it's over!

Hello everyone! Has anybody who interviewed in February heard anything back? If you haven't, do you know when we can expect to hear something?

got put on hold pre-II 10/13 , still waiting for an II. There seems like a shred of hope that they give interview invites through the 19th. hoping to get something Monday morning!! so that I can finally have some peace. good luck to everyone else who is on hold right now trying not let their crushing anxiety get the best of them!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone! Has anybody who interviewed in February heard anything back? If you haven't, do you know when we can expect to hear something?
I interviewed in February and haven’t heard back. They say it will be 8 to 12 weeks so i don’t expect to hear back until mid April at the earliest.

I interviewed in February and haven’t heard back. They say it will be 8 to 12 weeks so i don’t expect to hear back until mid April at the earliest.
That's rough.. sorry to hear the wait is so long. Fingers crossed, though and think positively!

Hold the phone! I was curious about this (because I won't quit until I am literally told there is no chance)....I just called admissions and they said that the last interview invites will be sent out by the end of the week....which seems to differ from what others said...but I will take it for now! Another few days of crushing anxiety shall we? I will bring tea and some snacks.

Hold the phone! I was curious about this (because I won't quit until I am literally told there is no chance)....I just called admissions and they said that the last interview invites will be sent out by the end of the week....which seems to differ from what others said...but I will take it for now! Another few days of crushing anxiety shall we? I will bring tea and some snacks.

I'm not gonna hold my breath for this one any longer. I will drink your tea and eat your snacks tho