2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hold the phone! I was curious about this (because I won't quit until I am literally told there is no chance)....I just called admissions and they said that the last interview invites will be sent out by the end of the week....which seems to differ from what others said...but I will take it for now! Another few days of crushing anxiety shall we? I will bring tea and some snacks.
Good. Thanks for checking. Looks like they changed their mind and I guess it is good for now. Hopefully they will let us know one way other soon! This wait is toooooo much!!!!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know/remember Linda’s last name from the Admissions office? Can you possibly PM me with it? I can’t find my paper anywhere 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current med students suggest a good off-campus housing complex/situation? I know Briarcrest is close but I've heard it isn't great to live in
 
Can any current med students suggest a good off-campus housing complex/situation? I know Briarcrest is close but I've heard it isn't great to live in

Rather than Briarcrest, look at Hershey Gardens or the Hershey Reserve or Verde. Verde is relatively expensive but very nice. There are literally so many townhome complexes within 10 minutes. Hope you are coming to second look day!
 
Has anyone gone to the dinner that’s scheduled the day before the interview? If so, how was it? And did you guys wear something similar to your interview outfit, or is it more casual?
 
Has anyone gone to the dinner that’s scheduled the day before the interview? If so, how was it? And did you guys wear something similar to your interview outfit, or is it more casual?

Maybe I totally missed the memo or the dinner is only for special applicants 😉 but we did not have a dinner the night before the interview.

For other schools though, it has generally been business casual for the pre-interview dinner. No need for a suit.
 
Maybe I totally missed the memo or the dinner is only for special applicants 😉 but we did not have a dinner the night before the interview.

For other schools though, it has generally been business casual for the pre-interview dinner. No need for a suit.
Yeah we didn’t have a dinner before my interview either, would have been nice to meet more current students!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe I totally missed the memo or the dinner is only for special applicants 😉 but we did not have a dinner the night before the interview.

For other schools though, it has generally been business casual for the pre-interview dinner. No need for a suit.

Lol when did you interview? Maybe they just implemented it for the later interviews! And thank you for the info!
 
Well it looks like acceptances were handed out in the beginning of each month, at least for Feb and March. So maybe another round of acceptances will be in early April or end of March??
 
Penn State doesn't accept update letters post-interview, right? Can someone point me to where they found that information?
 
Maybe I totally missed the memo or the dinner is only for special applicants 😉 but we did not have a dinner the night before the interview.

For other schools though, it has generally been business casual for the pre-interview dinner. No need for a suit.

The dinner is for underrepresented minorities and students with military background.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else still on hold/is there still a chance? I was put on hold early/mid December. I know Pen doesn't really have an instate bias but my family is moving to PA this summer. I'd love to go to med school close to home.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad