2017-2018 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also placed on the alternate list just now, interviewed 12/4. Was told I did a good job after the interview was over... So it's confirmed that there's no movement until May?
+1

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Around what time does interview day end here?
It depends on when your interview is (you'll get an email with info on who your interviewer is and what time the interview will take place). If your interview is in the morning, the day ends for you after the tour + lunch, which is at about 1pm. If your interview takes place after the lunch, your days ends when it's finished. It's a pretty laid-back day, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
It's February so all acceptances are likely out by now and they are slowly working down the wait list as people decline. It's a tricky process because you can't waitlist everyone, but you also can't make the waitlist too short in the case that more people decline the acceptances than expected. If you had a good interview and get waitlisted you still have a good shot- there will be a lot of movement as people drop acceptances down to 1. Good luck to all :)

Despite people not believing my post, I'll repeat it here. There will be good movement and it will happen before May. Keep your heads up :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got waitlisted as well. What are the chances at this point ?

Also placed on the alternate list this morning :/ Here's hoping it works out!

Couldnt find this fb group..
Its there lol, make sure you look under "groups" and not "pages" or something else. This is the exact name of the group "Saint Louis University School of Medicine Class of 2022"

^^ Yes found it.. Thanks.

Also placed on the alternate list just now, interviewed 12/4. Was told I did a good job after the interview was over... So it's confirmed that there's no movement until May?
Official email from admissions is that they wait till after traffic day to move people off the waitlist. Which is the last day of April of this year. If you email admissions yourself as well they will tell you the same thing :)

Does anyone know roughly how many students per class receive the $5,000 or $10,000 scholarships? Are they handed out sparingly? And do we just wait until we get our financial aid award letter? I submitted my FAFSA in the beginning of January and haven't received anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know roughly how many students per class receive the $5,000 or $10,000 scholarships? Are they handed out sparingly? And do we just wait until we get our financial aid award letter? I submitted my FAFSA in the beginning of January and haven't received anything yet.

I'm not sure how many people get them, but I think it's mainly need based. It will be included on your financial award letter (I'm not sure when these go out- maybe March / April? If you e-mail financial aid they should be able to tell you). If you look at your EFC from your FAFSA you should have an idea of whether to expect anything or not.

Just got the ax today after being complete late July lol
well talk about a holistic review haha

I dont think FAFSA has to do anything with these 5k & 10k scholarships. FAFSA and your reported EFC take cares of need based aid and what Grad Plus Loans you can apply. Remember your Parents can not apply any Plus Loans for you any more even though FAFSA ask for their Income info.

Rejected just now pre-II.. good luck everyone!

Anyone who interviewed on 12/19 heard back? Still waiting

Rejected Pre II. It is the Right but late decision. I have acceptance from my state school.

Got that R today, pre-II. Complete mid Sept.

Does anyone know when the last interview date is? I've been complete since July and still no II or rejection. Really hoping for a last minute interview from SLU!

Does anyone know when the last interview date is? I've been complete since July and still no II or rejection. Really hoping for a last minute interview from SLU!

When I scheduled mine last week I saw dates up to March 6.

Reactions: 1 users
for those who interviewed at SLU, how open were admissions and faculty about the recent accreditation issues? I want to ask about how they are fixing it during my interview this week but don't want to bring it up if it could be looked upon me negatively.. if they aren't transparent about the issues and process they are taking it is sketchy to me..

for those who interviewed at SLU, how open were admissions and faculty about the recent accreditation issues? I want to ask about how they are fixing it during my interview this week but don't want to bring it up if it could be looked upon me negatively.. if they aren't transparent about the issues and process they are taking it is sketchy to me..
I asked about it during my interview and got accepted.

it's all taken care of

LCME Accreditation : SLU

I asked about it during my interview and got accepted.

+1

Sorry for my lack of reading comprehension (rip 126 CARS) but are you saying that they no longer are on probation?
The LCME is going to visit in September/October to officially take them off. I go to SLU as an undergrad, and this is what they told me.

Sorry for my lack of reading comprehension (rip 126 CARS) but are you saying that they no longer are on probation?

Not officially, but everything is already set and a timeline of events from the initial probation status is outlined through the link.

Reached 10 weeks since my interview and no news. They told us we would hear by the end of January!

Reached 10 weeks since my interview and no news. They told us we would hear by the end of January!

I interviewed there this week and they implied that they are unfortunately really behind in the process. Told us that the earliest we would possibly hear is 6 weeks (lol) and that it'll probably be longer than that. Sucks but what could we do

I interviewed there this week and they implied that they are unfortunately really behind in the process. Told us that the earliest we would possibly hear is 6 weeks (lol) and that it'll probably be longer than that. Sucks but what could we do
I interviewed a few weeks ago and they told us 7 weeks, so I'll take the news about 6! I think that they also said that all decisions will be made and sent out by April 1st....

I got put on the alternate list just now. Interviewed 1/16.

Rejected pre-II today. Complete early September.

Good luck, all!

It was pretty difficult to get answers about why they have had issues with accreditation. The faculty interviewer and the students I met all basically said that there are no issues that affect students, which I find impossible to believe. I wouldn't press too hard, because they're evaluating you and how interested you are in the school.

It was pretty difficult to get answers about why they have had issues with accreditation. The faculty interviewer and the students I met all basically said that there are no issues that affect students, which I find impossible to believe. I wouldn't press too hard, because they're evaluating you and how interested you are in the school.
Sorry this is the impression you got.
First, none of the students are evaluating you. The lack of interest to talk about accreditation stems from the fact that it has been and continues to be taken care of. We have good leadership on it and the changes that have been made in the last year have only improved an already solid school. The entire process has been very transparent and all the students get regular updates. The final report goes to the LCME in May. The LCME will visit in July and hopefully our probation will be lifted shortly after. Hope this helps!

didnt both slu and the accreditation committee release documents that outline what went wrong and how they were going to fix it? I believe all the info would be in those documents.

I interviewed last week and actually had a bit of a different experience. During my interview, the faculty member actually brought it up himself and what they are doing about it (more formal feedback forms, improving documentation for LCME related statistics, the new dean is apparently putting alot more work into the school than the last one) and didn't see it himself as an issue. Also when someone asked the student tour person they were really chill about it and pretty much said the same stuff that the faculty member did. I choose to believe that they are fixing their problems and it won't really affect the students just by how transparent and clear they were about what is happening.

Does anyone know if slu sent out any rejections post-interview? Or do they just waitlist or accept everyone after their interview?