Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 SUNY - Upstate
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What is HPA?
What is HPA?
High Priority Alternate list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should have waited a minute to ask, just received HPA as well.High Priority Alternate list
Anyone know how many students are taken off the HPA?
If I remember correctly/vaguely, on my Interview day the dean said that in all her years, a lot of people get taken off the hpa list, whereas she hasn't seen a whole lot getting off the other waitlist in over 7 years.Anyone know how many students are taken off the HPA?
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
If I remember correctly/vaguely, on my Interview day the dean said that in all her years, a lot of people get taken off the hpa list, whereas she hasn't seen a whole lot getting off the other waitlist in over 7 years.
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
I second that.
It's on April 9th - they sent an email but I think it was only to the Upstate email address
Anybody know when financial aid packages are supposed to come out? I don't see a "financial aid" tab on MyUpstate.
This thread's slowed down. Is anyone else still waiting for their post-II decision?
Hey, my portal cleared on Tuesday. Now when I click "Fall 2018" it asks for my transcript and my preferred campus appears. Does this happen for everyone, even HPA?
Hopefully we hear back by the end of the month. I believe they told my group that was their goal. Good news for spring break?I’m on the same boat interviewed 1st week of March and my application is under committee review. I know my friend said she just got in recently but interviewed before me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m just nervous it will be an automatic HPA (if not a rejection) because it seems like everyone recently has been placed on HPA. I’m praying there’s some spots left lol. I mean anything is better than a rejection and the wait is killing me!Hopefully we hear back by the end of the month. I believe they told my group that was their goal. Good news for spring break?![]()
i may have missed it, but is there second look here??
Yep, there will be a 2nd Visit Day.
Day after my interview I realize I was supposed to post a photo to the portal. I did so as soon as I realized my mistake, and emailed admissions explaining I didn’t realize I needed to upload a photo. They emailed back a ‘Thank you!’ Do ya’ll think this is going to effect my chances?
What is the second look at day?Yep, there will be a 2nd Visit Day.
What is the second look at day?
It's a chance for accepted students to visit the campus and mingle with current Upstate students, ask questions, get to know the school more. There will be a student panel, as well as a campus tour. Hope that helps!
I'm not seeing the financial aid tab. is it within the incoming student tab on the my upstate portal
It's its own tab on MyUpstate between "Student Accounts" and "Residency Information"
hmmm I don't have that tabIt's its own tab on MyUpstate between "Student Accounts" and "Residency Information"
Did you already finish all of the incoming student tasks or something? also I sent in a picture and was supposed to get the groupwise email, but havent recieved anything yet...is this abnormal?
No, I've really only submitted FAFSA. Don't know much about setting up the email - sorry 🙁
I submitted FAFSA a while ago, but I don't have that tab. 🙁No, I've really only submitted FAFSA. Don't know much about setting up the email - sorry 🙁
I submitted FAFSA a while ago, but I don't have that tab. 🙁
They're probably in the process of building out the portals ahead of filling in data for individual packages. Years prior, they released award info on/very near Mar 31.
Does any current student remember around what time second look ended?
Does any current student remember around what time second look ended?
Should be around 4:00pm.
The last thing of the day (campus tour) starts around 3:15. Depending on group/personal interest, it may be either before or after 4:00.Does any current student remember around what time second look ended?
Just got HPA'd and it ain't even April 1st yet smh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn't look like they've accepted anyone for a while. HPA is not a bad place to be! If you don't mind saying, when did you interview? I'm still waiting to hear back from mine.Just got HPA'd and it ain't even April 1st yet smh
Last edited:
Hpa sounds about as good as fumunda cheese.. I interviewed in NovemberIt doesn't look like they've accepted anyone for a while. HPA is not a bad place to be! If you don't mind saying, when did you interview? I'm still waiting to hear back from mine.
Has anyone gotten the financial package??
NegativeHas anyone gotten the financial package??
Just withdrew my spot - hope one of you guys get it!!
does anyone know when financial aid packages come out?
I called today and they said they should be out by the end of next week. Apparently they had some unforeseen delay.does anyone know when financial aid packages come out?
Really? Oh god that is a whole two weeks away. I just want to seee itI called today and they said they should be out by the end of next week. Apparently they had some unforeseen delay.
Really? Oh god that is a whole two weeks away. I just want to seee it
My financial aid package was just added to my portal! Before this morning, I only had the tab with no award info.
My financial aid package was just added to my portal! Before this morning, I only had the tab with no award info.
+1.
Will be withdrawing my acceptance today, hope someone gets it!
Just came on here to say that. Glad to hear you received yours!My financial aid package was just added to my portal! Before this morning, I only had the tab with no award info.
Wasn't sure if it applied to applicants (as I am a student).
I'm a bit out of the loop on this one, but I believe it will be more accurate once accepted applicants must finalize their desired schools. For us, it was something like mid-April. The admissions office will better know the situation for the fall at that time.Has anyone on HPA called/emailed to ask about their status yet (e.g. gray area vs spot reached last year, etc)? I know they said May, but just wondering if they let anyone know anything early.
That being said, I believe they will still be able to let you know where you are on HPA (ie is it reasonable to assume that they could get to you) prior to that above mentioned date.
They're still reviewing the last of the interviewed applicants. The HPA won't be set in stone for another couple weeks, maybe.Has anyone on HPA called/emailed to ask about their status yet (e.g. gray area vs spot reached last year, etc)? I know they said May, but just wondering if they let anyone know anything early.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone see the Geneva scholarship in their package? - I just remembered they sent that sometime ago.
Yes, it is in my package.Did anyone see the Geneva scholarship in their package? - I just remembered they sent that sometime ago.