2017-2018 SUNY - Upstate

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Congrats!!!!! Did your portal clear before this?/when?
It had cleared in late Jan before reverting back to the interview invite message. Then I had the message about my app being under committee review since early Feb. Didn’t notice it clearing again before the acceptance message
 
Just got pre-II R and was on hold. Prob wouldn't have even attended an II here if I got one. Looks like I batted .500 when it came to the SUNY's for II's. Honestly thought my best chance at love from the SUNY's would be from the 2 that rejected me. Funny how life works sometimes
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I just want to make sure I'm not crazy. Interviewed 2/7... I thought that they said during the interview day that we would hear a response in 3-4 weeks. What I'm seeing on this thread seems a lot longer than that. What's the deal?
 
Hi guys,

I just want to make sure I'm not crazy. Interviewed 2/7... I thought that they said during the interview day that we would hear a response in 3-4 weeks. What I'm seeing on this thread seems a lot longer than that. What's the deal?
I interviewed 1/31... no response.
 
It had cleared in late Jan before reverting back to the interview invite message. Then I had the message about my app being under committee review since early Feb. Didn’t notice it clearing again before the acceptance message
would you mind sharing stats?
 
Question for current students... How much do you actually need a car in the first two years? Want to know to start planning...

Also! Is there a facebook page for the class of 2022 aside from the orientation page?
 
So I had a family emergency this weekend and I’m considering rescheduling my interview on 3/5. I know it’s late, but does anyone know when they interview until? Anyone here have success with rescheduling?
 
Question for current students... How much do you actually need a car in the first two years? Want to know to start planning...

Also! Is there a facebook page for the class of 2022 aside from the orientation page?

You don't NEED a car if you live close to campus, but it's kind of a pain to bum a ride for groceries every time. I came in with no car and eventually got one over winter break of MS1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received any correspondences after being accepted? I only received an email about a dorm scholarship.
 
You don't NEED a car if you live close to campus, but it's kind of a pain to bum a ride for groceries every time. I came in with no car and eventually got one over winter break of MS1

Thank you so much! Will definitely consider getting a car that will get me through the snow!



Has anyone received any correspondences after being accepted? I only received an email about a dorm scholarship.

Aside from that and the emails to Access the MyUpstate I haven't gotten anything. I did received the Second look and MEDSET information on the Upstate email.

Still waiting to see what financial aid is going to look like.
 
What does kys and *** mean? And when did you guys interview

I'm jk obviously... but seriously idk who thought that scheduling rejections for midnight was a good idea. I was about to fall asleep and then spiraled into staying up for another couple hours because of that cold R. At least during the day I'm preoccupied with other things and can take the time to process and accept it. rip, that was probably my hardest R and I've had more than my share.

._.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Does everyone who doesn't get accepted get HPA? Seems like that based on this thread. Haven't seen anyone post about the other waitlist.


I know two people who were put on the other waitlists. SDN is a self selection pool. People who are rejected aren’t going to post about it.
 
Rejected pre-II the other day after being put on hold back in Sept.. kind of forgot about this school! good luck to everyone!!
 
As we're getting closer to matriculation, I was wondering if any current SUNY Upstate students have recommendations for housing. I've heard very okay things about Geneva tours for the price (thin walls, etc.), and it doesn't seem that worth it. Anyone have any other opinions on it? Also, what are some off campus housing options? Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As we're getting closer to matriculation, I was wondering if any current SUNY Upstate students have recommendations for housing. I've heard very okay things about Geneva tours for the price (thin walls, etc.), and it doesn't seem that worth it. Anyone have any other opinions on it? Also, what are some off campus housing options? Thanks.

Current MS1 here living in Geneva. Definitely has its benefits, such as living in the same building as many other first years and not having to worry about utility bills, upkeep, furniture, security, etc. But as you've heard, the thin walls and very connected vents can be an issue for many people. The two most common other options are Jefferson and Madison Towers. Many of my classmates live there as well, but I can't speak to the living experience, obviously. Both are just about one block from Geneva, and honestly about the same walking distance to campus.

Also! Is there a facebook page for the class of 2022 aside from the orientation page?

Not that I know of, but it's definitely not too early to create one and share the link here!

Also, I know this can be a stressful time, but hang in there! Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
 
Anyone living in Jefferson/Madison Towers... Do I need to apply for a room now? How popular are those apartments?
 
MY portal just cleared, and There is no decision status? Does this mean I'm not accepted?

It seems like if you are accepted it clears and updates at the same time but if you have one of the other three outcomes it clears with no decision. For me, it cleared on Tuesday and then I got an e-mail on Thursday that I was HPA. That's been the trend for a lot of people on here it seems.
 
It seems like if you are accepted it clears and updates at the same time but if you have one of the other three outcomes it clears with no decision. For me, it cleared on Tuesday and then I got an e-mail on Thursday that I was HPA. That's been the trend for a lot of people on here it seems.
Looking at other posts here, that seems to be the trend. Oh well, hoping for a HPA at this point.
 
I interviewed on 1/29. My portal cleared this morning and based on the previous posts, I'll probably get HPA in the next 2 days... 🙁

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
It would be nice to hear if anyone got accepted today or are they just clearing the portal of people who did not get in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Portal cleared today 3/14... Interviewed 2/7. Not sure what that means. Seems like all you can take from it is that it isn't an acceptance.