-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Texas Tech University - Lubbock
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted today to MD/MBA! IS. Interviewed end of September.
What does this mean for prematch/match? If I accept their offer, can I still wait for interviews or offers from other schools? Hoping for an interview from one particular school because of personal/family reasons
Congratulations!
TMDSAS' instructions are clear that regular MD/DO IS can accept multiple pre-match offers up to the match, but does not provide info on special program applicants like yourself. Your best bet is to email TMDSAS and report back to this forum with its reply.
Hello, anyone else from OOS has got II, or accepted. It seems this school don't take that many OOS students and if they do u have to be the icing on top of cake as what I have heard, meaning the best of LM. plz share if u all see it different. thx
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am OOS, I submitted my secondary in mid July and received an interview invite 12 days later. It was the fastest turn around of any other school for me (I’m still waiting to hear back from 10 or more, which I completed back in August). During my interview there were 41 people, and I think 8 or 9 were from out of state.Hello, anyone else from OOS has got II, or accepted. It seems this school don't take that many OOS students and if they do u have to be the icing on top of cake as what I have heard, meaning the best of LM. plz share if u all see it different. thx
Congrats! Do you have west Texas ties or URM? and do you mean November 10 and 15?II yesterday! IS lizzyM 64. There were only 9/10 and 9/15 dates available! Complete 8/2!
I am OOS, I submitted my secondary in mid July and received an interview invite 12 days later. It was the fastest turn around of any other school for me (I’m still waiting to hear back from 10 or more, which I completed back in August). During my interview there were 41 people, and I think 8 or 9 were from out of state.
Congrats, ur LM is 75 thats why as I mention I think they r looking for the high LM's for OOS. I am OOS and LM is 66.8ish, lots of EC hrs and etc., its not good enough for them so far to get the II. I have sent my 2ndry in July too. still waiting to here, hopefully soon.
Complete date?got an II this week lizzy m 64
no ties to west texas
in state
Congratsgot an II this week lizzy m 64
no ties to west texas
in state
Congrats! What interview dates were available? are you ORM or URM?got an II this week lizzy m 64
no ties to west texas
in state
No I don't. And I am URM! And yes 11/10 and 11/15Congrats! Do you have west Texas ties or URM? and do you mean November 10 and 15?
Congratulations!
TMDSAS' instructions are clear that regular MD/DO IS can accept multiple pre-match offers up to the match, but does not provide info on special program applicants like yourself. Your best bet is to email TMDSAS and report back to this forum with its reply.
They responded that it is just like any other pre-match offer. I can still participate in the match process as usual
any recent II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wanted to get your guys opinions and see if I could get some advice:
LizzyM 69, OOS, but I have super strong ties to West Texas, even spent a year studying at TTU's undergrad institution.
I was complete on August 31st. EC's are pretty solid. What do you think the odds are of getting an II if I haven't received one yet?
LizzyM 69, OOS, but I have super strong ties to West Texas, even spent a year studying at TTU's undergrad institution.
I was complete on August 31st. EC's are pretty solid. What do you think the odds are of getting an II if I haven't received one yet?
Wanted to get your guys opinions and see if I could get some advice:
LizzyM 69, OOS, but I have super strong ties to West Texas, even spent a year studying at TTU's undergrad institution.
I was complete on August 31st. EC's are pretty solid. What do you think the odds are of getting an II if I haven't received one yet?
You submitted relatively late, so you might still be getting reviewed. Your stats are probably in line with the schools average (if not higher). With that said, it’s getting awfully close to the Thanksgiving rule for Texas schools.
Forgive me, but what exactly is the Thanksgiving rule for TX schools?You submitted relatively late, so you might still be getting reviewed. Your stats are probably in line with the schools average (if not higher). With that said, it’s getting awfully close to the Thanksgiving rule for Texas schools.
Forgive me, but what exactly is the Thanksgiving rule for TX schools?
General concensus around SDN (or so I’ve seen) is that if you don’t have an II by Thanksgiving, you should start to worry. There are obviously tons of exceptions because I have had friends that got IIs in December
Interesting, it definitely seems like this process is on a much earlier schedule than AMCAS. Will they send II via portal, or email? When does the interview season end for schools like TTU? I'm sure I could find this elsewhere but you've been friendly and prompt enough so far lol.General concensus around SDN (or so I’ve seen) is that if you don’t have an II by Thanksgiving, you should start to worry. There are obviously tons of exceptions because I have had friends that got IIs in December
I think they interview through early january, and II's are sent via email with a portal update
I’m pretty sure all schools in Texas except maybe TCOM communicate interviews via email. TCOM calls you. The interview timeline is school dependent but it probably ends in late December/early Jan
Also just for clarification, when I say I was complete on the 31st, I mean they had my secondary and letters on that date. I was full complete with TTUHSC, not just TMDSAS.You submitted relatively late, so you might still be getting reviewed. Your stats are probably in line with the schools average (if not higher). With that said, it’s getting awfully close to the Thanksgiving rule for Texas schools.
I see. Well, fingers crossed. I appreciate yalls help.I’m pretty sure all schools in Texas except maybe TCOM communicate interviews via email. TCOM calls you. The interview timeline is school dependent but it probably ends in late December/early Jan
I interviewed here on 10/13, has anyone else here who interviewed on that day (or after) gotten an acceptance or rejection?
D
deleted630218
Will November 15 be the day that most of the prematch offers are sent out? Or will they be more spread out throughout the prematch window?Who is impatiently waiting for November 15th?![]()
D
deleted630218
Wait, really? I thought that the prematch window for instate was nov 15-dec 31. Is it really just that one day?November 15th is the day for IS! This is my second cycle.
Wait, really? I thought that the prematch window for instate was nov 15-dec 31. Is it really just that one day?
You're correct. Nov 15 is 1st day for prematch. It runs to Dec 31.
D
deleted630218
Ok, just making sure. I was gonna freak out if i didn’t hear anything on Wednesday lol.You're correct. Nov 15 is 1st day for prematch. It runs to Dec 31.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same LizzyM and OOS here. No ties to the state of Texas. Complete around first week of September, got an II invite in the middle of September, interviewed at the end of September, and now sad because they haven't said anything since 🙁Wanted to get your guys opinions and see if I could get some advice:
LizzyM 69, OOS, but I have super strong ties to West Texas, even spent a year studying at TTU's undergrad institution.
I was complete on August 31st. EC's are pretty solid. What do you think the odds are of getting an II if I haven't received one yet?
So I'm curious, I have an II to PLFSOM but I haven't heard back from TT. Do people normally hear back from one if they've heard back from the other?
The schools are different and serve different populations so hearing back from one is no guarantee of the other. But, you were good enough to hear back from Foster (which i loved tbh and ranked higher than i would have thought), hence there is no reason to not expect to hear back from Lubbock
Guess that likely means no love for me.Same LizzyM and OOS here. No ties to the state of Texas. Complete around first week of September, got an II invite in the middle of September, interviewed at the end of September, and now sad because they haven't said anything since 🙁
Congrats! Went to tech my freshman year and I would love to have the chance to interview here. When were you complete?II this morning!! TTUSOM has always been my first choice so I'm over the moon. The only dates available were tomorrow (lol) and this coming Friday.
Thanks so much! I actually graduated with my Bachelors from Tech in May and am now getting my MBA here! I just can't stay away I guess. My app was completed on 10/25.Congrats! Went to tech my freshman year and I would love to have the chance to interview here. When were you complete?
OOS II this morning!! I think I was complete in August. No strong ties to West Texas.
Any that interviewed for FMAT/dual degree have any updates? Prematch is mind consuming.
Any prematch offers yet?
Nothing for me!
D
deleted630218
Nope, nothing. Last year's thread had a lot go out around 9 AM and a several more in the early afternoon.Any prematch offers yet?
Nope, nothing. Last year's thread had a lot go out around 9 AM and a several more in the early afternoon.
I called the admissions office and they said offers would be sent later in the week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted630218
Accepted 10:06 PM
Accepted! Did anyone else get the Dean's scholarship? and is accepting the offer 100% binding?
Accepted! Excited about this one. Congrats everybody!
Accepted!
